Windows 10: Cortana is showing up as windows explorer and is not working

Discus and support Cortana is showing up as windows explorer and is not working in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, I wonder if anyone knows about this issue I'm experiencing with Cortana in windows 10 October update 1809. Whenever I try to use Cortana's... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JoEsLopHer, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Cortana is showing up as windows explorer and is not working

Hello,

I wonder if anyone knows about this issue I'm experiencing with Cortana in windows 10 October update 1809. Whenever I try to use Cortana's voice function it crashes and opens as windows explorer, check the picture below.

Cortana is showing up as windows explorer and is not working 9db5bcbc-ac68-47cf-9fc4-16ac4cba59e2?upload=true.png

And I look it out in task manager, it really is showing Cortana's process inside the dropdown list of windows explorer, check the picture below.

Cortana is showing up as windows explorer and is not working 2131ff0d-03c7-45e0-8347-f06762c2a8c8?upload=true.png

If someone knows what is happening or how to solve this issue, even thought, I'm waiting for Microsoft to release a new version so it might just be a crash from the October update.

:)

JoEsLopHer, Nov 9, 2018

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Cortana is showing up as windows explorer and is not working

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Cortana is showing up as windows explorer and is not working

1. Cortana is showing up as windows explorer and is not working - Similar Threads - Cortana showing explorer

2. Linux not showing up in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linux not showing up in Windows Explorer: I was going to do my reanalysis for Hurricane Sandra of 1985 but I couldn't find Linux in Windows Explorer and that's where the data for the storm is located in can someone help....
  3. Linux not showing up in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linux not showing up in Windows Explorer: I was going to do my reanalysis for Hurricane Sandra of 1985 but I couldn't find Linux in Windows Explorer and that's where the data for the storm is located in can someone help....
  4. Video thumbnails not showing up in Windows Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video thumbnails not showing up in Windows Explorer.: So I've been having this problem for several months now..One day some of my video thumbnails weren't showing, so I deleted the thumbnail cache, and then they were all gone and never returned. It was like Windows lost the ability to create thumbnails for videos, and as I moved...
  5. Cortana and File Explorer search not working!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana and File Explorer search not working!: I'm running windows 10 with latest update (KB4566782). Both Cortana and File Explorer search won't open. I tried the Microsoft powershell script to reset cortana, uninstall update, reinstalling cortana, all services seems to be running correctly. What else could it be?...
  6. Cortana/Windows Explorer search does not work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cortana/Windows Explorer search does not work?: Since about 1 week I have the problem that I cannot use the search in Windows Explorer. I just press on it and I can't type any text and the I sign doesn't appear on what I am allowed to type. The same problem with Cortana. I would be glad about help. Thanks Cortana/Windows...
  7. Cortana Briefing Email No Longer Showing Up

in Cortana
    Cortana Briefing Email No Longer Showing Up: We have Briefing email turned on for our organization and for a couple of weeks I actually received the briefing emails, but haven't received any since mid July. I am still subscribed to the service, but haven't had one of the emails in over two weeks. Did something happen to...
  8. "Cortana & Search settings" not showing up in windows search

in Cortana
    "Cortana & Search settings" not showing up in windows search: I am trying to disable bing results when I search using the windows 10 search bar. Every article I have found saying how to do this says that I must search "cortana" in the search bar and click on the result that says "Cortana & Search settings". However, there is no result...
  9. File Explorer Doesn't Show Up in Cortana Search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Doesn't Show Up in Cortana Search: I have a user in my organization that is having a problem with File Explorer. Before, she would be able to use the Cortana search bar, type in a few letters leading to File Explorer, and it would usually pop up as the top result. Now, it shows 7-Zip File Manager and File...
  10. Windows 10: Cortana begins to show up in consumer preview

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Cortana begins to show up in consumer preview: Microsoft is working diligently towards a release of Windows 10 that is targeted towards consumers which should arrive in late January. One of the features that will be coming -- and Neowin was the first to bring you details on it -- with Windows 10 is Cortana. While there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana in window explorer

2. windows 1809 cortana crash file explorer