Windows 10: Cortana is stupid, but she still has great potential.

Discus and support Cortana is stupid, but she still has great potential. in Cortana to solve the problem; We all know that Cortana was one of the smartest personal assistant several years ago. She could chat with you, tell you the weather tomorrow, add... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by cgy222, Jun 23, 2022.

1. cgy222 Win User

Cortana is stupid, but she still has great potential.

We all know that Cortana was one of the smartest personal assistant several years ago. She could chat with you, tell you the weather tomorrow, add tasks to the to-do list. She could even sing a song! She provides the most personalized service by obtaining a large number of user permissions. But these functions no longer exist nowadays.Since the release of Windows 10 2004, Cortana was designed as a single application and can be uninstalled. However, it let Cortana go downhill. What can you do with Cortana in Windows? microsoft.com has told us a lot of things that Cortana can do. But Cortana c

:)

cgy222, Jun 23, 2022
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Cortana was working great but it stopped opening apps about 2 months ago

Hi,

Thank you for update and reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Click on the Setting or Gear icon by tapping on
      Cortana.

• Under Cortana can give you suggestion, ideas, remainders, alerts and more
      Turn off.

• Sign out from the current user account.

• Restart your computer and follow the same steps to
      Turn on Cortana.

Also follow the link suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on July 30, 2015 to check if the settings are set correctly.

Redirecting

Check for New Windows updates and optional updates.

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

• Hit Windows Key and type
    • Type Windows Updates
    • Click on Windows Updates
    • Click on Check for updates and install the latest
      windows updates.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Cortana is stupid, but she still has great potential. - Similar Threads - Cortana stupid still

2. Cortana is stupid, but she still has great potential.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana is stupid, but she still has great potential.: We all know that Cortana was one of the smartest personal assistant several years ago. She could chat with you, tell you the weather tomorrow, add tasks to the to-do list. She could even sing a song! She provides the most personalized service by obtaining a large number of...
  3. Cortana is stupid, but she still has great potential.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana is stupid, but she still has great potential.: We all know that Cortana was one of the smartest personal assistant several years ago. She could chat with you, tell you the weather tomorrow, add tasks to the to-do list. She could even sing a song! She provides the most personalized service by obtaining a large number of...
  4. Cortana, edge, and the stupid news

in Cortana
    Cortana, edge, and the stupid news: How do I delete the stupid cortana, edge and microsoft news? I'm so sick and tired of having this worthless and DUMB apps pushed on me. how do i delete them FOREVER?...
  5. Cortana has lost her mind today. She is unable to even tell time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana has lost her mind today. She is unable to even tell time.: Although she has been working fine until today, (03/15/2021) Cortana suddenly cannot tell you the time, she cannot tell you the weather, she cannot even give a response to the sample questions in her popup window. Her only response is "Sorry, I'm not able to help with this...
  6. Cortana - Can she check my PC stats?

in Cortana
    Cortana - Can she check my PC stats?: I have a small sensor panel on my PC case displaying some stats like my current FPS, Temps, Fan Speeds, etc. I was wondering if she already could, or could be made to, relay this information to me if requested? Example: "Hey Cortana, what is my current FPS?" "Your are...
  7. Cortana still not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana still not working: So a little while ago,. I updated to windows 10 20h2. I noticed my cortana was no longer working. I reinstalled windows 10 today and it still doesn't work on a new install of Windows. submitted by /u/ProGamer1151 [link] [comments]...
  8. Cortana closes as soon as she opens

in Cortana
    Cortana closes as soon as she opens: hen itap the mic she closes automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-closes-as-soon-as-she-opens/e17f19b6-af63-43cc-a98b-7dd3f3313591
  9. Cortana has become stupid after the last update.

in Cortana
    Cortana has become stupid after the last update.: After the last update, I have had problems with Cortana. Eventually, I figured out how to turn the microphone back on, but Cortana has become stupid. No mater what I ask, Cortana says, "Sorry, I can't help with that." It no longer knows the date, time or any jokes. It...
  10. cortana still not working

in Cortana
    cortana still not working: ok after my update of windows 10 I noticed cortana was not working as it should ie not sending/receiving texts or emails. the same message kept coming up 'cortana can not send messages' try your mobile app'. now I have tried every thing that has been mentioned in online...