Windows 10: cortana is wrong

Discus and support cortana is wrong in Cortana to solve the problem; something happens to cortana does not work can you help me?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by marinmerchan, Oct 30, 2018.

1. cortana is wrong

something happens to cortana does not work can you help me?

:)

marinmerchan, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Cortana - Constant "Something Went Wrong"

So every search I do with Cortana returns "Something Went Wrong". I have websearch turned off because I don't want to use websearches, I just want to search my machine.

Here is an example typed into the cortana search box "Firewall Settings"... I get "something went wrong" and a list of suggestions of "other places to look"... one of those is settings... if I go to settings and type "Firewall Settings" it finds what I want
    right away.

Why can't Cortana?

JHyerXPS13, Nov 9, 2018
  4. cortana is wrong

Cortana "Hey Cortana, Play me some music" "I'm sorry, something went wrong."

Hi,

You can encounter this issue if the settings related to Cortana are wrong. To start troubleshooting, follow the steps below:

• Open Cortana & Search settings.
    • From the right section of Settings pane, move the top button to Off Cortana.
    • Restart your device.
    • To enable Cortana, you can click inside the Cortana search bar.
    • From the bottom of the left section of the Cortana pane, click the Cortana icon. Follow the instructions from the right section of the pane to enable Cortana.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

cortana is wrong

1. cortana is wrong - Similar Threads - cortana wrong

2. Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather: I need help I had to reset my laptop thinking cortona would fox itself but it didn’t it still has the wrong location don’t know why please help...
  3. Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana wrong weather location and bing weather: I need help I had to reset my laptop thinking cortona would fox itself but it didn’t it still has the wrong location don’t know why please help...
  4. There is something wrong with my Cortana!

in Cortana
    There is something wrong with my Cortana!: Look at this picture:How to solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-something-wrong-with-my-cortana/5feb2104-7955-43be-8712-a650b6520473
  5. Cortana default location wrong

in Cortana
    Cortana default location wrong: I am running Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS build 19042.804 and anything to deal with location on Cortana is completely wrong by several hundred miles such as weather or anything. Location settings are on, default location is set to my location within the Maps App as I...
  6. Cortana gives wrong location

in Cortana
    Cortana gives wrong location: After installing the October 2020 feature update, Cortana started misbehaving. I live in Ottawa, but if I ask for the weather report or a store it puts me in Toronto. I have set the default location correctly, and have given permission to every app to use my location....
  7. What's wrong with Cortana ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's wrong with Cortana ?: Images - 1. Cortana Settings I'm sorry, this may seem trivial, but did any of the new updates do something to Cortana on my device? Also I'm pretty sure, there was a setting called Cortana in itself, that doesn't seem to be there as well. Is this some kind of under...
  8. cortana Showing weather of wrong location.

in Cortana
    cortana Showing weather of wrong location.: Hello everyone, My Cortana app is showing weather of the wrong location. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-showing-weather-of-wrong-location/c3d3b60e-dff2-416b-b068-c6d4e987d680
  9. Cortana says "I'm sorry, something went wrong. Try again in a little bit" even when action...

in Cortana
    Cortana says "I'm sorry, something went wrong. Try again in a little bit" even when action...: I use Cortana often for making alarms. Lately, when I ask for an alarm to be set, Cortana does it, but the error message "I'm sorry, something went wrong. Try again in a little bit" appears, instead of a confirmation of the alarm being made. It's not anything serious, since...
  10. [FIXED] - Wrong location detected by Windows / Cortana / Maps

in Cortana
    [FIXED] - Wrong location detected by Windows / Cortana / Maps: I was frustrated that Windows was incorrectly reporting my location to my old address, despite updating my default location in Maps, and Google correctly locating my new home address. This is not about the locale detection, but the fine grained location services in Windows....