Windows 10: Cortana isn't speaking to me.

Discus and support Cortana isn't speaking to me. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Cortana functions in all aspects except for speech. I can see the circle pulsating, indicating she is responding but I can't hear her voice. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hwally, May 12, 2015.

1. hwally Win User

Cortana isn't speaking to me.

Cortana functions in all aspects except for speech. I can see the circle pulsating, indicating she is responding but I can't hear her voice. My speakers work just fine in all other areas of the computer. Thank you for any help you can send my way.

:)

hwally, May 12, 2015

2. cortana

whenever I click on mike or say "hey Cortana ",rather than listen Cortana immediately says "sorry I didn't hear that". Cortana isn't letting me speak anything

manthanchauhan, May 12, 2015
  3. KCColeBC Win User
    Can't Get Cortana to Speak

I am unable to get Cortana to speak...probably because I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. When I go into settings and choose ON for Hey Cortana, she does speak, asking me to repeat a phrase, but I don't know how to set up my computer (HP Envy 700 Series)
    to respond. Every configuration I've tried says my computer doesn't hear anything.

Still, isn't Cortana supposed to speak to me? When I click on the "Ask me anything" box, Cortana comes up with a text message, such as "Hello there, Christina", or "How can I be of assistance, Christina?" Isn't she supposed to speak these things?

I'd like to use Cortana with voice recognition but have no idea what I need to do. Any help will be appreciated.

KCColeBC, May 12, 2015
  4. Winuser Win User

I had that problem when I first upgraded to 10074. I uninstalled the sound card and restarted the computer. The sound card was reinstalled and I could hear what Cortana was saying.

Winuser, May 12, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    She won't speak to me either, maybe because I do not have a Microphone.

6. Burgurne Win User
    No speak and no music when choosing it from Cortana's menu. Sound elsewhere works fine.

Burgurne, May 13, 2015
  7. hwally Win User
    I uninstalled the sound card and restarted but still no sound

hwally, May 14, 2015
  8. Winuser Win User

It worked for me. I still don't understand why sound worked in other programs but not in Cortana.

Winuser, May 15, 2015
  9. Siqoya Win User
    Yeah I am having the same problem. All the other sounds work, I can even play music and watch videos, but for some reason Cortana remains silent. Why? Is there a way I can get her to talk? *sarc

Siqoya, Aug 25, 2015
  10. tcman50 Win User
    Perhaps buy her dinner first? *Roflmao2

tcman50, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana isn't speaking to me. - Similar Threads - Cortana isn't speaking

2. Why does Cortana not speak anymore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Cortana not speak anymore?: I haven’t used it since more than 1 year and now Cortana has no voice submitted by /u/ethreax [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ht3zxy/why_does_cortana_not_speak_anymore/
  3. When will Cortana speak Ukrainian?

in Cortana
    When will Cortana speak Ukrainian?: When will the Ukrainian language appear in the voice assistant of Cortana and the Ukrainian language in voice commands for Windows 10 https://support.microsoft.com/uk-ua/help/22805/windows-10-supported-narrator-languages-voices [ATTACH] Why is Microsoft ignoring Ukrainian...
  4. cortana isn't responding

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cortana isn't responding: Hello Recently Cortana was working just fine then yesterday i was trying to to make it shutdown my laptop but it heard me kept loading and did nothing. And when i opened the task manger i found that it's suspended i don't know how or why!!! I have tried reinstalling it...
  5. cortana speaks not type

in Cortana
    cortana speaks not type: not speaks, I would type to my keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-speaks-not-type/27c33726-71b3-4ac9-8171-3c63d394fa81"
  6. how to get cortana to speak?

in Cortana
    how to get cortana to speak?: how do I get cortana to speak? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-cortana-to-speak/5bc30cea-42e4-4548-9119-d2700445bc18"
  7. cortana does not speak

in Cortana
    cortana does not speak: Cortana doesn't speak win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-does-not-speak/fa32a6a0-e319-4267-b9ea-7635beec1cc4"
  8. Cortana isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana isn't working: Hey, Unfortunately I don't live in the US, so I set all regional/language settings (even the time zone) to United States and English but Cortana still isn't working. When I go in the settings, it just shows this: [img] Can I somehow fix this? 62416
  9. Cortana cannot speak English!

Cortana cannot speak English!: Every so often Cortana pops up with a message saying that before she can help 'I must select a language she can speak'. There is a list of appropriate languages including of course English US and English UK My preference has been English UK (the region where I live) for...
  10. Cortana Isn't Working

Cortana Isn't Working: Neither the microphone nor the "Ask me anything" search bar work. Yesterday I was infected by the Palikan virus, but have successfully (after five or six frustrating hours) removed it thanks to Malwarebytes and a follow-on program I downloaded and installed this evening,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why isnt cortana speaking to me

2. why isnt cortana speaking

3. cortana can hear me but she isnt speaking