Windows 10: Cortana isn´t working

Discus and support Cortana isn´t working in Cortana to solve the problem; HI! I have a problem with Cortana. I can´t see Cortana in start menu and also when I search for Cortana and I tap on e.g. Cortana premissions, it just... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Jakub578, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Jakub578 Win User

Cortana isn´t working

HI! I have a problem with Cortana. I can´t see Cortana in start menu and also when I search for Cortana and I tap on e.g. Cortana premissions, it just opens windows settings. So I tried to allow Cortana through Local Group Policy Editor, but still nothing, even after PC restart. So now I don´t know what to do. Could you help me please?

:)

Jakub578, Sep 16, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Cortana isn´t working

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Cortana isn´t working

1. Cortana isn´t working - Similar Threads - Cortana isn´t working

2. Touchpad isn´t working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad isn´t working: Hi there,i did the update for Windows 11 on my Asus Zenbook. Now the touchpad doesn´t work anymore. If i try to update the Treiber, it says it´s allready updated. Can´t even find the touchpad in device manager anymore..Anyone can help me please ?Greetings Christoph...
  3. Touchpad isn´t working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad isn´t working: Hi there,i did the update for Windows 11 on my Asus Zenbook. Now the touchpad doesn´t work anymore. If i try to update the Treiber, it says it´s allready updated. Can´t even find the touchpad in device manager anymore..Anyone can help me please ?Greetings Christoph...
  4. Mouse Isn´t working in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Isn´t working in games: hello, I am using windows 11, the problem is when I am playing games, suddenly the mouse blocks and I can´t use it for moving the camera, it only allows me to use the primary and secondary button, I have all my drivers updated, and i dont know what to do...
  5. Mouse Isn´t working in games

Mouse Isn´t working in games: hello, I am using windows 11, the problem is when I am playing games, suddenly the mouse blocks and I can´t use it for moving the camera, it only allows me to use the primary and secondary button, I have all my drivers updated, and i dont know what to do...
  6. Why isn`t my Security key not working?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why isn`t my Security key not working?: Why won`t Microsoft won`t accept my security key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-my-security-key-not-working/2aeae629-1536-45af-976a-375fcc87f1a0
  7. My Audio isn`t working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Audio isn`t working: My Audio isn`t working for long time and I don`t know how to play audio!Can you please help me?خرید فالوور اینستاگرامخرید لایک https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-isnt-working/3d60f2f2-f764-4ff5-9b4e-37d667038383
  8. My Audio isn`t working

My Audio isn`t working: My Audio isn`t working for long time and I don`t know how to play audio!Can you please help me?خرید فالوور اینستاگرامخرید لایک https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-isnt-working/3d60f2f2-f764-4ff5-9b4e-37d667038383
  9. My Audio isn`t working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Microphone of bluetoth headphone isn`t working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone of bluetoth headphone isn`t working properly: When connected via bluetooth over ear headphones it works fine as an output device, but if I do something that uses the microphone the headset gets disconnected after a while 1-2 minutes. If I try to connect the headphones via 3.5 mm jack the microphone doesn't even get...