Windows 10: cortana issue...keeps asking me to choose interests...see attachment..

Discus and support cortana issue...keeps asking me to choose interests...see attachment.. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Cortana keeps asking me to select interests...i already chose them and close that but it keeps coming back and because of it pick up where i left off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steven Campoli, Jul 29, 2018.

1. cortana issue...keeps asking me to choose interests...see attachment..

Cortana keeps asking me to select interests...i already chose them and close that but it keeps coming back and because of it pick up where i left off is only shown when i X the select interests

see attachment

cortana issue...keeps asking me to choose interests...see attachment.. [​IMG]

:)

Steven Campoli, Jul 29, 2018

2. Issues with Cortana and Interests (WP 8.1 GDR1)

I am having the same issue.

• Lumia 925
    • Redmond, Washington
    • United States, English
    • English (United States)
    • English (United States)
    • When I click launch Cortana from either the Live Tile or from the Search button I get an error of "My suggestion well is dry. Try back later or add some more interest". When I click on interest I get "We can't get to your interests at the moment, but you
      can try again in a little bit". I get the same message when trying to add an interest. Cortana was working normally until Sunday, August 17. I had added interests, set up places, put contacts into the inner circle.
    • This is happening when attached to the Microsoft wireless network, A-MSFTWLAN. Also happens at home on a Comcast network.
    • AT&T

SteveTheHedge, Jul 29, 2018
  3. rtvetter Win User
    Issues with Cortana and Interests (WP 8.1 GDR1)

I am having the same issue.

• Lumia Icon
    • Columbus, Ohio
    • United States, English
    • English (US)
    • English (US)
    • 95% of the time when I click on Cortana I get an error of "My suggestion well is dry. Try back later or add some more interest". When I click on interest I get "We can't get to your interests at the moment, but you can try again in a little bit". I get
      the same message when trying to add an interest. I got the phone yesterday and have been unable to add an interest at all.
    • Time Warner Cable - I also have Verizon Mifi card - Same issue no matter what WiFi I am connected to. I also tried from a coffee shot Wifi.
    • Verizon

rtvetter, Jul 29, 2018
  4. cortana issue...keeps asking me to choose interests...see attachment..

Issues with Cortana and Interests (WP 8.1 GDR1)

After adding a new interest (Man Utd) in Cortana's notebook, Cortana suddenly stops working and gives me an error "We can't get to your Interests at the moment, but you can try again in a little bit."

I did a soft reset, and Cortana was working again, picking up my Interests and weather and daily glance. But once I added Man Utd as an Interest, the same issue happens. I did a soft reset, but to no avail. I did another soft reset, and a normal restart
    but it won't show my Interests anymore.

I launched the Cortana from the tile and it showed me this: "I'm not turning up any suggestions. Try back later." and it allowed me to look at my Interests, but it showed the "We can't get to your Interests at the moment" message. Launching Cortana using
    search bar just says "My suggestion well is dry" with the option to add interests.

How do I resolve this issue? Thanks for the help!

Lumia 625 user, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

cortana issue...keeps asking me to choose interests...see attachment..

1. cortana issue...keeps asking me to choose interests...see attachment.. - Similar Threads - cortana issue keeps

2. Stop Cortana from Asking Me to Sign In

in Cortana
    Stop Cortana from Asking Me to Sign In: How do I get Cortana to stop popping up and asking me to sign in on my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC? I had to reinstall Windows 10 and this is getting really annoying have this box pop up over and over asking me to sign in. I don't even have a microphone attached to my PC. I've...
  3. Boot Manager asks me to choose

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Manager asks me to choose: After migrating my OS to a new SSD I get asked to choose an operating system with a 30-second timer. The choices are Windows System 10 and Windows Setup.I have formatted the old HDD that contained Windows originally.I've tried Disc Cleanup and Clean System Files, and I've run...
  4. Cortana - "Thanks for taking an interest!"

in Cortana
    Cortana - "Thanks for taking an interest!": Tried to install Cortana because it didn't come "preinstalled" on my default account. However I opened an another account as an admin, Cortana works there. Windows 10 build: 1909 no update because windows 10 20h2 is unstable...
  5. Cortana keep asking me.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana keep asking me.: After reinstalling my Windows 10 Home SL, my Cortana keeps asking me for Online speech recognition permission. Can you help me pls? *I can't see Cortana on category selection*[ATTACH]...
  6. What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?

in Cortana
    What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?: Windows 10 used to have a neat feature in that you could type directly to Cortana by just pressing the Win key and either local or Bing lookup would give calculation, currency conversion or another type of answer. What happened to this feature? Calculation screenshot from...
  7. Cortana cards / interests

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana cards / interests: I have been miffed that the interests usually in cortana have been missing since upgrading to 1803. Now I found out they are being moved to action Center. Except , they are not showing in there. No weather, no news headlines, no traffic like we were used to. Not on any of our...
  8. Cortana Ask Me Anything not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Ask Me Anything not working: Has anyone got an issue with the Cortana search 'Ask me anything'? Suddenly on both my machines I notice this morning I will type something like 'Reliability History' and it will display the usual results. But then if I do it again I get nothing. I have to log out and...
  9. Clicking links keep asking me to choose between browsers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clicking links keep asking me to choose between browsers: I have Windows 10 Pro. on my desktop and Windows 10 Home on my laptop. On both I have the default browser set to Internet Explorer. I'm using IE instead of Edge because I need the use of some add-ons that cannot work on Edge. My issue is that on both computers every time I...
  10. Cortana interests aren't showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana interests aren't showing: Well, i upgraded to win 10 then did a clean install. Everything works great, except Cortana's interests. Whenever i click on the taskbar i get "Go ahead and tell me to do something. Interests aren't available at the moment." All the voice commands work great though, i can...