Windows 10: Cortana issues

Discus and support Cortana issues in Cortana to solve the problem; Why Cortana is not updated yet to understand the language. She always says i cant help with that or i cant recognise Why Why Why... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by wishwa_, Jan 19, 2021.

1. wishwa_ Win User

Cortana issues

Why Cortana is not updated yet to understand the language.

She always says i cant help with that or i cant recognise

Why Why Why

:)

wishwa_, Jan 19, 2021

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Cortana issues

Graphics Issue/video/cortana issues SP4

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you in accessing the Surface Pro 4 device, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the game which is causing this issue?

Method 1: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if it helps.

Steps to Update
    Display Driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Method 2: As you are unable to access the videos from Microsoft Edge, I suggest you to access the video from Internet Explorer and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to clear cache and cookies from the Microsoft Edge browser and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on
        More Action at the right top corner.

• Click on Settings, click on
        Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.

• Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit
        Clear.

• Close the browser and try to open it again.

Method 3: As you are facing issues with accessing Cortana, I suggest you to turn off Cortana, restart the device, turn on Cortana and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Cortana issues

1. Cortana issues - Similar Threads - Cortana issues

2. Cortana and online speech recognition service issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana and online speech recognition service issue: I have been trying to setup Cortana but i am having problem setting it up because it won't pickup online speech recognition service setting that is enabled in my settings and works fine on Microsoft edge speech search and google too but cortana while setting up always asks me...
  3. Cortana and online speech recognition service issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and online speech recognition service issue: I have been trying to setup Cortana but i am having problem setting it up because it won't pickup online speech recognition service setting that is enabled in my settings and works fine on Microsoft edge speech search and google too but cortana while setting up always asks me...
  4. Cortana updates Integration issues

in Cortana
    Cortana updates Integration issues: Dear Microsoft community ! Cortana can recognize the wake up command and can help to surf on browser. The problem to do task such as command : set an alarm , remind me, open app , launch app is not working properly. I have updated the window 10 and the current version is 21H2...
  5. Cortana updates Integration issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana updates Integration issues: Dear Microsoft community ! Cortana can recognize the wake up command and can help to surf on browser. The problem to do task such as command : set an alarm , remind me, open app , launch app is not working properly. I have updated the window 10 and the current version is 21H2...
  6. Cortana updates Integration issues

7. Regarding Cortana and Minor Account Issue,.

Regarding Cortana and Minor Account Issue,.: Good Evening, I am Suvindu. I opened Cortana and I get a prompt saying my Microsoft account is a Minor although I am 15 years. Can someone help me with this issue. I really like Cortana since it is easy to schedule my work, but when this prompt comes, it is really a hassle....
  8. Connection issue when setup the Cortana

in Cortana
    Connection issue when setup the Cortana: My internet connection keeps dropping when I am trying to set up Cortana, anybody else have issues with this?[Original Title: Cortana] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connection-issue-when-setup-the-cortana/58eb5583-95b9-41c2-b565-9e402ed491fa
  9. Issue with Cortana

in Cortana
    Issue with Cortana: My Cortana is not showing the notebook option. I have tried settings but there is no option related to notebook. Can you please help. I am also sharing a screenshot of my problem.[ATTACH]...
  10. cortana issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cortana issues: for some reason with a new windows update cortana will open when i press windows+c. i had this disabled on previous versions of windows but the setting for it seems to be removed. cortana is mentioned nowhere in windows settings and i have no way to turn it of inside cortana...