Windows 10: Cortana keep asking me.

Discus and support Cortana keep asking me. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After reinstalling my Windows 10 Home SL, my Cortana keeps asking me for Online speech recognition permission. Can you help me pls? *I can't see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DuyDinhHoang, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Cortana keep asking me.

After reinstalling my Windows 10 Home SL, my Cortana keeps asking me for Online speech recognition permission. Can you help me pls?

*I can't see Cortana on category selection* Cortana keep asking me. ab418f96-7e6c-4f2b-9434-7c290e9bbde3?upload=true.png

:)

DuyDinhHoang, Feb 22, 2021

2. Cortana . . . Asking me to say things

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, have you tried to turn off " Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more." feature?

Follow these steps on how:

• Click the search bar.
    • Click the gear icon.
    • Under Settings, click the slider to turn off "Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more."
    Let us know if this answered your query.

Gerald Vit, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Cortana keep asking me.

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Cortana keep asking me.

1. Cortana keep asking me. - Similar Threads - Cortana keep asking

2. Stop Cortana from Asking Me to Sign In

in Cortana
    Stop Cortana from Asking Me to Sign In: How do I get Cortana to stop popping up and asking me to sign in on my Windows 10 Pro desktop PC? I had to reinstall Windows 10 and this is getting really annoying have this box pop up over and over asking me to sign in. I don't even have a microphone attached to my PC. I've...
  3. What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything" input box?

in Cortana
    What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything" input box?: Windows 10 used to have a neat feature in that you could type directly to Cortana by just pressing the Win key and either local or Bing lookup would give calculation, currency conversion or another type of answer. What happened to this feature? Calculation screenshot from...
  4. What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?

in Cortana
    What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?: Windows 10 used to have a neat feature in that you could type directly to Cortana by just pressing the Win key and either local or Bing lookup would give calculation, currency conversion or another type of answer. What happened to this feature? Calculation screenshot from...
  5. ask Cortana for a reminder

in Cortana
    ask Cortana for a reminder: I just set up Cortana on 2 computers and asked her to remind me of an appointment. On one she reminded me with a box in the lower corner, but on the other one, she made a verbal announcement. How do I choose the method?...
  6. cortana issue...keeps asking me to choose interests...see attachment..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana issue...keeps asking me to choose interests...see attachment..: Cortana keeps asking me to select interests...i already chose them and close that but it keeps coming back and because of it pick up where i left off is only shown when i X the select interests see attachment [img] 115010
  7. OneDrive keeps asking me to login

OneDrive keeps asking me to login: Are there any temporary files, settings, etc. I can set CCleaner to avoid cleaning, because every time I restart my computer, OneDrive keeps asking for my Microsoft account to continue using it. In a similar fashion, the same behavior can be observed if OneDrive is run...
  8. Need Help Turning Off Cortana / Ask Me Anything

Need Help Turning Off Cortana / Ask Me Anything: I need help turning off Cortana / Ask Me Anything and restoring the OLD Search Box in Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1703 OS Build 15063.138 Up until about three days ago, I had a search box in my task bar that would allow me to search on my computer, similar to how...
  9. Cortana Ask Me Anything not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Ask Me Anything not working: Has anyone got an issue with the Cortana search 'Ask me anything'? Suddenly on both my machines I notice this morning I will type something like 'Reliability History' and it will display the usual results. But then if I do it again I get nothing. I have to log out and...
  10. Laptop keeps asking me to set the date & keeps asking for Win act key?

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop keeps asking me to set the date & keeps asking for Win act key?: Date/Time problem: I have a Toshiba Satellite E45DW-C4210 laptop. Every time my laptop dies (battery runs or dies out) or when I restart my laptop (occasionally) it asks me to set the date and time. It always happens. https://i.imgur.com/3r2AMM1.jpg (After that it takes me...