Windows 10: Cortana keeps on crashing in Windows 10.

Discus and support Cortana keeps on crashing in Windows 10. in Cortana to solve the problem; Windows 10 1909 When I try to open Cortana it stops after 1 second and CPU Usage goes up to 100%.I recently upgraded to 1909 because my pc was old and... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MihaiGamerYT54, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Cortana keeps on crashing in Windows 10.

Windows 10 1909

When I try to open Cortana it stops after 1 second and CPU Usage goes up to 100%.I recently upgraded to 1909 because my pc was old and some apps were not available.

I have tried even to restart, switch languages, speech input/output but no. Nothing works. I just need Cortana to work on Windows 10 1909 because it worked on Windows 1809. The only fault is that it said that this microphone is not designed to work with Cortana.

:)

MihaiGamerYT54, Jan 6, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 keeps crashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the computer will keeps on crashing. One of which is missing or corrupted system files. For us to further isolate the issue, we suggest answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you accessing/doing when the computer crashes?
    • Were you still able to login to the computer after it happens?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error messages or mini dump that you've received?

In the meantime, if you're seeing a blue screen when the computer crashes, we suggest following the steps on this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors. Kindly choose the appropriate answer to the category
    "When did you get the error?".

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Cortana keeps on crashing in Windows 10.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Cortana keeps on crashing in Windows 10.

1. Cortana keeps on crashing in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Cortana keeps crashing

2. Windows 10 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 keeps crashing: Sometimes my pc freezes up while I'm playing games or anything intensive - I have to forcefully restart the pc each time.Upon checking event viewer the logs show the critical event error IDs: 10110, 10116 and 41. Some other warning event errors such as: 19, 34, 27, 219 and 15...
  3. Windows 10 keeps crashing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps crashing...: I have hated Windows 10 since I have been forced to use it... I hate my computer... Now I will be in the middle of something and my screen goes black... Nothing I can do to bring it back to life. I shut it off and turn it on again and my computer just shuts off again. I do...
  4. Cortana Crash

in Cortana
    Cortana Crash: I downloaded all the updates and after installing them, cortana is always crashing whenever I speak a command. I have tried turning cortana on and off. I have also tried troubleshooting....
  5. Windows 10 Keeps Crashing

Windows 10 Keeps Crashing: Hi Windows 10 keeps crashing. I thought I had fixed it by removing spotify but now its at it again. Here is sfc /scannow results and also some events that happen around the same time as the crashing that might be causing the problem? 2019-01-06 13:00:07, Info...
  6. Windows 10 keeps crashing!

Windows 10 keeps crashing!: HI, i am running windows 10 and an intel i5 7600k chip and a msi gtx 970 card. My computer crashes once every time I start it up unless i restart it before it crashes. I ran it in safe mode and i got the same result. This has happened since I first built my computer. please...
  7. Cortana Keep crashing.. my last hopes

in Cortana
    Cortana Keep crashing.. my last hopes: OKay, so here the problem, when I click on the "Type here to search" bar in the bottom left it does the loading mouse for 1 or 2 seconds and it then closes suddenly. I know it is Cortana because when I click the button start and write anything in the Search Bar it shows me...
  8. Windows 10 keeps crashing

Windows 10 keeps crashing: So, the problem is that my WINDOWS 10 KEEPS crashing. It only crashes when I leave the device idle for a few minutes (as long as i keep using it like running a video or playing a game for hours it works fine, but the moment I pause the video and leave it for like 10-15...
  9. Windows 10 keep crashing...

Windows 10 keep crashing...: My win 10 keeps crashing every 35 mins - 2 hours since i updated it 2-3 days ago... The crash isnt common it shows me some white screen with little black lines... And i need to reset my pc to continiue what i was working on......
  10. Search Box and Cortana Keep Crashing quietly

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Box and Cortana Keep Crashing quietly: This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64. Search box on the taskbar does not work. Clicking on the Search box makes it change color, but it is not possible to type anything into the box. Opening Start Menu before clicking on the Search box sometimes helps. In 1 case...