Windows 10: Cortana keeps showing up even though disabled in task manager startup

Discus and support Cortana keeps showing up even though disabled in task manager startup in Cortana to solve the problem; How to uninstall Cortana Tom's Guide the above did not work as the "..more" did not have "Run at login" to disable I have several win10 dedicated... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Joseph Stateson, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Cortana keeps showing up even though disabled in task manager startup

How to uninstall Cortana Tom's Guide

the above did not work as the "..more" did not have "Run at login" to disable

I have several win10 dedicated systems that do not have microphones and there is no need for Cortana

All of the fancy updates and features are never used on these systems, only the security updates are needed.

thanks for looking!

:)

Joseph Stateson, Feb 25, 2021
  2. robinpe Win User

Cortana disabled-still showing 38mb in Memory of Task Manager?

The title really says it all. I only have 2Gb of memory on my pc stick & I just rec'c a warning about my memory being stretched, so I disabled Cortana, (which I don't use anyway), but in the Memory column of the Task Manager it's still showing that 38Mb is being used. Why? Appreciate any suggestion guys!! Thanks.

robinpe, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Task Manager - Startup tab

Actually, I like your suggestion as a first step.

Unchecking the wrong thing in Autoruns can brick a system.

OldNavyGuy, Feb 25, 2021
  4. dotmarty Win User

Cortana keeps showing up even though disabled in task manager startup

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Cortana keeps showing up even though disabled in task manager startup

1. Cortana keeps showing up even though disabled in task manager startup - Similar Threads - Cortana keeps showing

2. Messenger App keeps starting even though Startup has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messenger App keeps starting even though Startup has been disabled.: Facebook has to be the most predatory company out there. Their app keeps running in the background even though I have specifically disabled this option, it runs on startup even though that has been disabled and it's not in either shell:startup nor shell:common startup.The app...
  3. Messenger App keeps starting even though Startup has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messenger App keeps starting even though Startup has been disabled.: Facebook has to be the most predatory company out there. Their app keeps running in the background even though I have specifically disabled this option, it runs on startup even though that has been disabled and it's not in either shell:startup nor shell:common startup.The app...
  4. Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup Apps Not Showing In Task Manager: Windows 11 Pro Insider Beta Channel - 22H2 Build 22623.891Hi, as per the title, startup apps are not showing in Task Manager with the message "There are no start-up items to display". All my startup apps are still auto-starting with Windows but I have no way to manage...
  5. forcing apps to startup in windows even if disable in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forcing apps to startup in windows even if disable in task manager: hello everyone! maybe somebody know way to force the windows run automatically a specific program or app even if i run task manager and in startup tab i disable it? i mean to add for example in registry here:...
  6. Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup on Task Manager not Showing Programs: Hello, I have already created a empty "Startup" Folder in "C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs" I go to task manager nothing shows up. I have also tried putting Shortcuts inside the new "Startup" Folder. Thank you....
  7. Powershell keeps opening at startup even though it is disabled in settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Powershell keeps opening at startup even though it is disabled in settings: I have set it to disabled in the startup window, but it still keeps opening up every time I start up my computer. I am running Windows 10....
  8. Microsoft Teams is not loading on start up even though it shows Enabled in the Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Teams is not loading on start up even though it shows Enabled in the Task Manager?: Is there a way to look at a log or something to see why it failed? Something that could be turned over to someone in IT to help them troubleshoot?...
  9. Task Manager Disable Startup Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager Disable Startup Items: I have been doing some research online but unable to find an answer to a question. I have been looking into the methods of disabling auto startup applications within Windows. Before you link articles, I already know about how to disable the auto start programs in Task Manager...
  10. Cortana disabled-still showing 38mb in Memory of Task Manager?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cortana disabled-still showing 38mb in Memory of Task Manager?: The title really says it all. I only have 2Gb of memory on my pc stick & I just rec'c a warning about my memory being stretched, so I disabled Cortana, (which I don't use anyway), but in the Memory column of the Task Manager it's still showing that 38Mb is being used. Why?...