Windows 10: Cortana Language Settings

Discus and support Cortana Language Settings in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi! I was wondering if there was a way to change Cortana's language? I looked at some tutorials and managed to figure out most of it but there seems to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by OmNom125, Aug 4, 2019.

1. OmNom125 Win User

Cortana Language Settings

Hi! I was wondering if there was a way to change Cortana's language? I looked at some tutorials and managed to figure out most of it but there seems to be an issue as even after a restart the language remains in English. (I'm wanting to change it to Chinese). Thanks!

:)

OmNom125, Aug 4, 2019

2. Cortana speech language?

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to check the language and speech settings in Cortana.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.
    • Click on Time and language and select region and language.
    • Under Language option, check which language is Set as default.
    • If you find different language, you can change it by clicking on Add a language option.
    • Select your preferred language (English UK) and click on
      Set as default
      under English UK language.
    • Now, click on English UK and click on Options.
    • Download the language, handwriting and speech packs.
    • Now, click on Speech from the Time and language settings menu.
    • Check if you are able to select the speech settings to English UK.
    • After performing above steps, check if you are able to use Cortana.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Cortana setup not continuing past language setup

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect language or Cortana settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if you are setting language properly for Cortana or not.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortanas-regions-and-languages#v1h=tab02

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the following article to fix common issues with Cortana.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Ian Sal Win User

Cortana hangs with Australian language HI T

We would suggest performing these steps:

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Language
    • Select + Add Languages to add English (United States).
    • On the main Languages page, long press on English (Australia) and choose Remove. Afterwards, proceed restarting the phone by selecting the
      Restart phone button.
    On the next following steps, reverse back the process we did on the first 3 steps:

• Select + Add Languages to add English (Australia) and proceed with the download prompt.
    • Again on the main Languages page, long press on English (United States) and choose
      Remove, and restart phone.
    • Once the phone has restarted with the correct English (Australia)
      language, go back to Settings > Extras > Hey Cortana, and begin training
      Cortana again.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Cortana Language Settings - Similar Threads - Cortana Language Settings

2. Cortana ignores language and speech Windows settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana ignores language and speech Windows settings: Here are my language settings for Windows 11 Professional 21H2:Windows display: English United StatesApps & Websites: English United StatesRegional format: Italian Italy Keyboard: Italian ItalySpeech: Italian ItalyEverything works fine according to those settings, but...
  3. Cortana ignores language and speech Windows settings

in Cortana
    Cortana ignores language and speech Windows settings: Here are my language settings for Windows 11 Professional 21H2:Windows display: English United StatesApps & Websites: English United StatesRegional format: Italian Italy Keyboard: Italian ItalySpeech: Italian ItalyEverything works fine according to those settings, but...
  4. Cortana ignores language and speech Windows settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cortana Regions And Languages

in Cortana
    Cortana Regions And Languages: Cortana is not working again. It says 'Cortana isn't available In your region' Please tell all the available regions. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-regions-and-languages/65d4c67b-5d92-4347-b44e-fbc84d40064d
  6. Language setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language setting: Hi, I have set my primal language as Englisn UK and second language for Japanese. However, whenever I have any pop up windows, everything seems to be in Japanese. I have tried all the language settings suggested for other people with similar problems but it still displays...
  7. Cortana Settings

in Cortana
    Cortana Settings: Hi, I have subscribed for fast ring insider program and yesterday my windows got updated to 2004 build. After that I was facing issues in cortana. Whenever I am opening cortana I am getting the message "sorry but cortana is not available in english india at this time". As...
  8. language setting.

language setting.: Hi, I have a question. My preferred language setting is English United Kingdom, but when I check spelling and grammar the setting change to English United States. How do I stop this from happening?...
  9. Language settings

Language settings: Hi, I purchased a laptop in german and the laanguage was changed to english.Recently,i updated my windows to Windows 10 and the language changed back to german. I tried all possible ways to change the language to english but in vain. I also do not find options like 'set as...
  10. Cortana not showing correct language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not showing correct language: Hi, I have a strange one with Cortana, as far as i can tell i have all my settings correct [img] [img] However, Cortana is not working, when i click the settings for Cortana to change language, UK is not shown, and just complains that its not the same as my settings...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone cortana language problem

2. windows settings cortana language