Windows 10: Cortana "learn my voice" feature in the files?

Discus and support Cortana "learn my voice" feature in the files? in Cortana to solve the problem; As we all know the "learn my voice" feature for Cortana has been removed. I'm wondering 2 things: first, when it was removed does "learn my voice"... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by christainconman, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Cortana "learn my voice" feature in the files?

As we all know the "learn my voice" feature for Cortana has been removed. I'm wondering 2 things: first, when it was removed does "learn my voice" still work? If so, is there a way to disable it. Secondly, where would the local vocal model for my voice be stored. I've done some research and it doesn't look like people are either asking, or people don't know.

You see my issue is that I turned on the feature at least a year ago. Back then I never used Cortana, but now I've been using her daily and the inconsistency of her voice activation is quite annoying. I assume the issue is from the LMV thing, and if I could turn it off or replace the model it would be helpful.

I'd rather not have to comb through all of the Cortana files to find it. If anyone has any help it would be much appreciated.

:)

christainconman, Jun 4, 2020

2. No learn voice button ,how to force Cortana to learn my voice again ?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today.

Method: 1

• Click/tap in the search box or Cortana icon (Windows+S)
      on the taskbar, click/tap on the Notebook
    • Click/tap on the Learn my voice or Relearn my voice button under Hey Cortana.
    • When ready, click/tap on Start.
    • Say the six phrases one by one when prompted to do so.

If you don’t have relearn option in settings I suggest you to follow the below steps.

Method: 2

Step: 1

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Run system file checker (SFC) and see if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click
    command prompt (admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

Step: 3

Run DISM tool and check the issue. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click
    command prompt (admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 4, 2020
  3. No learn voice button ,how to force Cortana to learn my voice again ?

There is NO button to "relearn voice" under "Hey Cortana" button which is enabled. Btw, Cortana does not recognize "Hey Cortana" any more, but it listen only if I press microphone button. Microphone is working normally with Cortana and other apps. I would
    like to force Cortana to learn my voice again. But how ? Is there a way to re install Cortana. I tried to disable Cortana, clear all data local an in cloud but still once when I enable it does not need new setting any more. Tells that everything is set. And
    again there is no button to re learn my voice.
    Need help pls.

Hogarfield, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Cortana "learn my voice" feature in the files?

No learn voice button ,how to force Cortana to learn my voice again ?

With latest update few days ago (from 30.Sept) it is even worse.

Learn button is back but it can not be switched to "Respond to me" and it does not work. After pressing to learn voice , and "Next" on following window there is respond from Cortana that "Something went wrong ,try again..."

I tried again many times including all procedures suggested for this problem but nothing helped.

It is even worse as after update "Hey Cortana" does not work (it does not trigger cortana to listen) at all, but this time there is no workaround to make it working. Also may I suggest that disabling Cortana really disable Cortana including Cortana process?
    IS this really that hard to do ? To be able to re-register Cortana this time I had to rename Corftana's folder in Windows/System Apps as Cortana process respawns itself what ever I do. It was there even when I switched to my local account???You can try to
    disable Cortana from global policy, from registry, via privacy settings and even switch to local account but Cortana process lives ? This time it was there even when I switched to region where Cortana is not available on top of all this ?

So problem (with learn button) is still there in different shape and btw, Cortana lives forever even it is not working as it should. Is this really wanted behavior or it (or she) has it own mind already Cortana "learn my voice" feature in the files? :) like HAL from Space Odyssey ?

Hogarfield, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Cortana "learn my voice" feature in the files?

1. Cortana "learn my voice" feature in the files? - Similar Threads - Cortana learn voice

2. Windows 10 Cortana "learn my voice" is missing

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Cortana "learn my voice" is missing: As I said: Windows 10 Cortana "learn my voice" is missing. If I go into "Windows Settings" There is no "Cortana" option. Even when I use the search box. If I open up Cortona and select the gear icon, it will open up but won't offer the option to learn my voice. Nor is the...
  3. Windows 10 New Cortana Feature - Find and Open Files Using Voice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 New Cortana Feature - Find and Open Files Using Voice: Hi Windows Version Windows 10 Pro I have just read an PC MAG article call Latest Windows 10 Preview Allows Cortana to Find and Open Files. It says you need to have version Version: 2.2011.26701.0 for this feature which I have installed. when I try the command 'Hey Cortana,...
  4. Cortana Voice Activation

in Cortana
    Cortana Voice Activation: My windows build is 19041.504 I just updated to windows 10 2004 and cortana voice activation is unavalabile, and it s says that it will be avalabile in the future updates. My language is on US and i saw on youtube that this problem was fixed in 19041.329 build, but for me...
  5. my cortana voice not working

in Cortana
    my cortana voice not working: my cortana voice not working how solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cortana-voice-not-working/61908486-0874-41ce-a02a-1bf9a9d75818
  6. Cortana doesn't recognize my voice?

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't recognize my voice?: When I first got my laptop, I set up Cortana so that she could recognize my voice but now apparently she doesn't no matter what mic I use and I can't seem to find to setting to redo the calibration. Whenever I click Cortana and click settings, it sends me to the actual app...
  7. Cortana's voice

in Cortana
    Cortana's voice: What do I need to do to access Cortana's voice on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortanas-voice/22a2bf5d-66d1-49a6-a0f1-9b9d0dff6e61"
  8. Cortana's Voice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana's Voice: So I asked Cortana if I could change her voice. She replied that her voice was the only available for my region. I wanted a mail voice, not her female voice. Even Apple's Siri lets you select alternate voices. Thoughts? But the way, Cortana seems to work pretty well....
  9. Voice Recognition in Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Recognition in Cortana: The Voice Recognition in Cortana was working. I had to Restart my computer. It quit working. I re-installed my microphone but it still would not work. My microphone is located in my Monitor along with my Web Cam. Why did this happen? It was working fine and after Restart it...
  10. Have Cortana Learn your Voice for Hey Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Have Cortana Learn your Voice for Hey Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Have Cortana Learn your Voice for Hey Cortana in Windows 10 How to Have Cortana Learn your Voice for 'Hey Cortana' in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the...