Windows 10: Cortana lock screen problem

Discus and support Cortana lock screen problem in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi suddenly from today when I turned on my pc , Cortana lock screen has disappeared . Instead of Cortana icon , exactly in the same place ,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Kentsfield, May 16, 2020.

1. Cortana lock screen problem

Hi

suddenly from today when I turned on my pc , Cortana lock screen has disappeared . Instead of Cortana icon , exactly in the same place , now is displayed this messagewith the "networkglobal" icon in the left :

Download the new browser

recommend by Microsoft

I checked all settings and all is like earlier . Cortana lock screen is activated .

I don´t know what happen.

please can try to help me, what could have happened ?

thank you

Windows 10 1909 18363.836

:)

Kentsfield, May 16, 2020

2. Cortana on Lock screen not working

Hi Nishadha,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps listed below and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Install all Windows Updates

Most of the issues are fixed by installing Windows Updates make sure that your system is up-to-date.

Type Windows Updates in search bar and select Check for updates from the results.

If updates are available, try installing them and check.

Step 2: Make sure that Cortana is enabled

Click on the Taskbar search box, click Settings icon, and then make sure that the option labelled Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more is turned ON.

Step 3: Turn on Location

1. Click on Start and select Settings, navigate to Privacy > Location.

2. On the right-side, under Location, you will see On if the location is enabled for this device.

3. And, if the location for this device is not enabled, please click the Change button, and then move the slider

to on position.

To interact with Cortana on the Lock Screen, you simply need to say Hey Cortana and she’ll get ready. You can ask Cortana for various things while on the Lock Screen, like the forecast, latest news, and more.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, May 16, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Cortana not shown on Lock screen

Click start and type Cortana

at the top of the list you will see 'Cortana & search settings' click it

scroll down to lock screen and turn it on.

you also need to be using a picture or slideshow on the lock screen.

settings -> personalisation -> lock screen

Martmcd, May 16, 2020
  4. L SPERINE Win User

Cortana lock screen problem

CORTANA is not available in the lock screen

In the new Anniversary update for Windows 10, you are supposed to be able to use Cortana from the lock screen. After installing this anniversary update, under "Get Started," "What's new," "Cortana--Your
    digital agent" you see the following: "Cortana is ready to help you in more places in Windows 10, including the lock screen. When your device is locked, you can still check your calendar ("What's my
    schedule for tomorrow like?") or ask Cortana important questions
    ("Can you beatbox?")." Further down the list of updates is "Do more on the lock screen," where you will see stated the following: "Cortana isn't the only new feature on the lock screen—you can now play music while your device is locked
    to
    control the action from start to stop. Media controls appear at the bottom right corner of the lock screen, along with a picture of the album art from the song currently playing."

Like Nithi(01), I am unable to access Cortana from the lock screen. I can not access the music option either. Further yet, after the update, I am having difficulty getting to the login screen from the lock screen. When I click on the lock screen to go to
    the login screen, the screens dims slightly and then just sits there. Sometimes after alengthy
    period, I am finally able to access the login window. (I use the picture login option where you have to touch the screen in the designated spots to login.) Other times, the screen just reverts back to the lock screen. After several attempts,
    I am sometimes able to get to the login screen. If that does not work, I have to restart my computer and try all of these steps again. It's VERY frustrating! Please help! or send out an update fixing these problems as I am finding the many people are having
    the same issues. Oh, by the way, I am using an HP Pavilion laptop.

L SPERINE, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Cortana lock screen problem

1. Cortana lock screen problem - Similar Threads - Cortana lock screen

2. Problem with lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with lock screen: Since some months ago I have been unable to change my lock screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/cant-change-lock-screen-background-image/5777232c-510a-4180-bf3d-1b9e828fd7d5?messageId=c7a1ab0d-83ad-4369-b8b7-6aa9bbaa079d exactly the same...
  3. Problem with lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with lock screen: Since some months ago I have been unable to change my lock screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/cant-change-lock-screen-background-image/5777232c-510a-4180-bf3d-1b9e828fd7d5?messageId=c7a1ab0d-83ad-4369-b8b7-6aa9bbaa079d exactly the same...
  4. Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen: Hi,For some reason, I cannot enable Cortana to respond to "Cortana" or "Hey Cortana" when I have my Windows 10 computers locked. I have tried this on three separate windows 10 computers running 21H2 one Windows 10 Home with 16GB/i7 and the other two Windows 10 Pro...one...
  5. Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen

in Cortana
    Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen: Hi,For some reason, I cannot enable Cortana to respond to "Cortana" or "Hey Cortana" when I have my Windows 10 computers locked. I have tried this on three separate windows 10 computers running 21H2 one Windows 10 Home with 16GB/i7 and the other two Windows 10 Pro...one...
  6. Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Problem with lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with lock screen: The new screen that Windows add in Windows 10 before the login screen has given fits lately. When I start the computer "Lock Screen?" will not allow the login screen to show. There is a delay, seems like eternity :, before I can get the password screen to load. What is wrong...
  8. Cortana an Lock Screen...

in Cortana
    Cortana an Lock Screen...: Hi There, Cortana an Lock Screen is not working on Lock screen I enabled all setting. Fix me Out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-an-lock-screen/35e5da46-6dd2-4deb-b5a8-6c9bc5e3d826
  9. Problem with the lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem with the lock screen: My windows spotlight does not show pictures in the lock screen. this problem has started when i reset my PC. PLEASE HELP! I have tried all the solutions given under similar solutions but it gave no results...
  10. Lock Screen Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Problem: Hello, I'm using Windows 10 Pro. No matter what Lock Screen picture I select to show during my log-in all that shows is a blank, picture-less background. Sometimes it's a grey background, other times a blue background. But no picture. Does anybody know why my lock screen...