Windows 10: Cortana Lost

Discus and support Cortana Lost in Cortana to solve the problem; I have lost cortana. How can I get it back? [Original Title: Cortana]... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Frank&PASeidl, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Cortana Lost

I have lost cortana. How can I get it back?

[Original Title: Cortana]

:)

Frank&PASeidl, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Lost Cortana tile

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you perform the steps listed below and check if the issue is resolved:

• Click on the Start Menu, locate and select the
      Notebook icon
      located on the left navigation pane below the Settings icon.
    • Once the pop-up opens, click on “Settings”.
    • Then locate “Hey Cortana” and turn it “On"
    • Restart the system and check if the issue resolves.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Cortana Lost

Lost Cortana tile

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand you have attempted to pin Cortana to start screen but the tile is not appearing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Method 1: If you want Cortana on the Start Screen, follow the steps below.

• If you want to Pin it to Start screen.
    • Search for Cortana app and right click on it to Pin to Start or Taskbar.
    If the issue persist I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Method 2: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Nachappa C K, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Cortana Lost

1. Cortana Lost - Similar Threads - Cortana Lost

2. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  3. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  4. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. End of support for Cortana

End of support for Cortana: While the decision to phase out Cortana may have disappointed some users, it's important to recognize that Microsoft is continually evolving its products to meet the changing needs of its customers. Here are some reasons why bringing back Cortana might still be...
  6. Cortana has lost her mind today. She is unable to even tell time.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana has lost her mind today. She is unable to even tell time.: Although she has been working fine until today, (03/15/2021) Cortana suddenly cannot tell you the time, she cannot tell you the weather, she cannot even give a response to the sample questions in her popup window. Her only response is "Sorry, I'm not able to help with this...
  7. I reset Win 10 and lost my photos app, videos app, Windows Store, cortana, and worst of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I reset Win 10 and lost my photos app, videos app, Windows Store, cortana, and worst of...: So yesterday I was having problems with Windows because I couldn't use the start menu or search functions after changing permissions because I couldn't create new files, so I did a system reset (keeping personal files), moved all my apps back over from a backup, but now I've...
  8. Corrupt tile data base, start menu + cortana + taskbar functionality lost + edge browser...

in Cortana
    Corrupt tile data base, start menu + cortana + taskbar functionality lost + edge browser...: To those of you who have lost start button functionality, cortana functionality, taskbar functionality, have a corrupt tile data base and have tried all the recommended tricks with no luck, there might be another option. It has worked for me and resolved most if not all of...
  9. ATTN: Registry experts: Cortana settings lost

ATTN: Registry experts: Cortana settings lost: I'm hoping some registry experts here can help. I have lost my Cortana settings. When I click the settings icon (3rd from the top on the left in the attached image), nothing happens. I may have become a bit overzealous in my attempts to disable Cortana, but now I have lost...
  10. lost ability to access modern screen, cortana and apps

in Windows 10 Support
    lost ability to access modern screen, cortana and apps: I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. All was working fine. Now, I can't access the modern start screen, cortana or apps. The following things might have helped cause this: I changed my PCs name, I installed more ram, I created a local log in and there was an update just...