Windows 10: Cortana Makes Friends with Your Favorite Apps

Discus and support Cortana Makes Friends with Your Favorite Apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As a truly personal digital assistant, Cortana is there to help people get things done. When we set out to design Cortana, we talked to real world... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Cortana Makes Friends with Your Favorite Apps

Source: Cortana Makes Friends with Your Favorite Apps

:)

Brink, Apr 30, 2015
  2. kalpatie Win User

Can't share apps & make my favorite song as ringtone

I own a Microsoft Lumia 640,but it makes it hard for me to make my favorite song my ringtone.and I can't share an app with my friends who are using sumsung note4.

****Title: ringtones ***

kalpatie, Apr 30, 2015
  3. What does Cortana's machine learning teach it to do?

Hello Mickey,

Cortana keeps you updated with everyday tasks and help manage your everyday life by recognizing patterns in images, apps, tasks, sounds etc. It taps on to Bing, so she can help you by keeping track of things that interests you, make helpful suggestions and
    remind you of appointments. What’s unique about Cortana, is that she will actively and continually learn your interests, friends and favorite things and records it in her notebook. Furthermore, Cortana stores information about you, such as interest, location
    data, reminder and contacts that will be stored for access by Cortana. She draws the data set in order to learn a user’s specific pattern and behavior.

Over time this learning will help run searches, apps, and programs, and in turn, helps you get things done faster. However, as far as how or what technology is involved, in details, you may read the articles about

Cortana Skills Kit
    and
    Cortana voice commands
    . In the development and programming aspect, we recommend visiting the
    Cortana Development Center.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Stephanie Sal, Apr 30, 2015
  4. kenC Win User

........and this is how MS makes its money. Call a taxi and Cortana recommends a taxi company - ask where you can buy a large TV, and Cortana tells you - and each time the company will give MS a cut for bringing in the customers.
    Just the equivalent of Google putting privileged sites at the top of its search results.

OMG - I've turned into a conspiracy theorist !

5. linw Win User
    It's getting easier to turn into a conspiracy theorist, Ken!

6. Cliff S New Member
    I'd have nothing against it... as long as it finds me the best value(good would be rebates for using Cortana*Smile) and it would be great when in other cities or countries on vacation.
    A service deserves to be paid for and it's even better, if I don't have to pay for it.

Cliff S, May 1, 2015
  7. dencal Win User
    I suggested this on this forum when M$ first announced it was a free upgrade for W7 and W8.1, when members asked how could they possibly make money.

dencal, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana Makes Friends with Your Favorite Apps - Similar Threads - Cortana Makes Friends

2. prank your friends with bluescreensimuator.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    prank your friends with bluescreensimuator.exe: prank your friends with bluescreensimuator.exe. is the best application to prank your friends with a fake BSOD. Sent from my G3 using Windows Forums mobile app
  3. What's your favorite web browser?

in Browsers and Email
    What's your favorite web browser?: What's your favorite web browser to use? My favorite web browser to use is Firefox ESR 181791
  4. Is there a way to save your favorite Bing wallpapers (desktop app)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to save your favorite Bing wallpapers (desktop app)?: Some of the wallpapers are so beautiful and I want to start my own collection or maybe just save one that I like in particular. Is there a legitimate way without a hack (because every time I try to extract the Spotlight Images it bricks my computer for some reason)....
  5. How to Add Android Apps as Favorites in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add Android Apps as Favorites in Your Phone app on Windows 10: [img] You can tap into the power of Your Phone app with Link to Windows integration on select Surface Duo and Samsung devices to instantly access your Android phone’s mobile apps directly from your Windows 10 PC. With Your Phone apps, you can instantly access the...
  6. Favorite app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorite app: How do I get a Favorite app on my screen without having to go to open Microsoft edge to open Favorite's ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorite-app/f2bac1d6-60bb-48bc-8bce-92c99d835038
  7. Make your Favorite Browser to more secure by enabling windowsb defender application guard...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Make your Favorite Browser to more secure by enabling windowsb defender application guard...: Make your favorite browser Microsoft Chromium Edge-Google Chrome- Mozilla Firefox more secure by enabling secured features through. Compatible Operating system windows 10 1903 or later versions with Professional or Education or Enterprise edition is needed 01. Through...
  8. Cannot Make Call with Your Phone App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Make Call with Your Phone App: My your phone app is working i'm not getting the option to call in it and even it is connected to my phone [Original Title: Your phone app] * Moved from Research...
  9. Make Cortana removable

in Cortana
    Make Cortana removable: I run Windows 10 on a 128GB SSD and with windows 10 ever growing with future updates I think it should be made possible to completely uninstall cortana without breaking anything. I ran a powershell script I found online that removes a bunch of stuff but didn't actually free...
  10. What's your favorite game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's your favorite game?: What's your favorite PC Game? Share it here! 49627