Windows 10: Cortana menu triggers when trying to use snipping tool shortcut.

Discus and support Cortana menu triggers when trying to use snipping tool shortcut. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, like the title says. I have Cortana turned off, and it's set to not listen anything, but half the time when I try to use the snipping tool shortcut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ttywzl, Mar 5, 2021.

1. /u/ttywzl Win User

Cortana menu triggers when trying to use snipping tool shortcut.

So, like the title says. I have Cortana turned off, and it's set to not listen anything, but half the time when I try to use the snipping tool shortcut (Win + Shift + S), Cortana decides to answer the call due to the (Win + S) shortcut.

Now, I'm aware that there is an element of this problem that is mine. Specifically, the bit where apparently I flub the shortcut half the time - but I use the snipping tool reasonably frequently, and Cortana never. My initial thought was, why not disable the Cortana shortcut?

Looking up solutions to disabling Cortana answering to the WIN + S shortcut, or people complaining about this same thing doesn't really get me anywhere. All I was able to find was a rather firm suggestion here at Microsoft Answers that trying to disable the shortcut will also disable my access to the start menu altogether.

I'll save you my expletive ridden thoughts on that particular design decision, and instead ask: Does anyone have any suggestions for a workaround? Would going for the registry kill option for Cortana stop it from opening in these circumstances?

submitted by /u/ttywzl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ttywzl, Mar 5, 2021
  2. AndreePin Win User

Snipping Tool Hotkey Win10?

Hi Jeff,

In regards with your query, kindly follow the instructions below:

• In the Start Menu / Cortana, type Snipping Tool.
    • Once the Snipping Tool shows up, right click on it and select Open File location.

Cortana menu triggers when trying to use snipping tool shortcut. e8a5e81a-fca2-46ba-a494-c7b50bb10e81.png
    • Right click on Snipping Tool and click Properties.
    • From there you will see the Shortcut tab.
    • Enter the shortcut key that you want to set and click Apply to save changes.
    Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Mar 5, 2021
  3. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Snipping Tool Properties in Windows 10

Hi Missy,

The easiest way to make a copy of something is to take a snapshot of your screen by using the Snipping Tool. You can use it to save and share news stories, movie reviews, or recipes. To access the Properties and set a shortcut key for the Snipping Tool, you
    can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Snipping Tool.
    • Right-click on the Snipping Tool
      result, and click Open file location.
    • Right-click on the Snipping Tool shortcut, and click
      Properties

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Cortana menu triggers when trying to use snipping tool shortcut. - Similar Threads - Cortana menu triggers

2. Snipping Tool No Options available when Shortcut is used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool No Options available when Shortcut is used: Hi,When I use the shortcut Wind_Shift_S or the Print Screen Key for the snipping tool in Windows 11 I don't get options/features of saving the image as I do when starting the app and using the app for screen capture.Is there a way to configure the app so that I get the...
  3. Snipping Tool No Options available when Shortcut is used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool No Options available when Shortcut is used: Hi,When I use the shortcut Wind_Shift_S or the Print Screen Key for the snipping tool in Windows 11 I don't get options/features of saving the image as I do when starting the app and using the app for screen capture.Is there a way to configure the app so that I get the...
  4. Snipping tool shortcut stops working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool shortcut stops working.: Hi friends!I absolutely love using the windows+shift+s shortcut to take quick screenshots of things, but after a while the shortcut completely stops working, I've checked multiple things to try fix it but the only thing that works is uninstalling and reinstalling it. It's...
  5. Snipping tool shortcut stops working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snipping tool shortcut stops working.: Hi friends!I absolutely love using the windows+shift+s shortcut to take quick screenshots of things, but after a while the shortcut completely stops working, I've checked multiple things to try fix it but the only thing that works is uninstalling and reinstalling it. It's...
  6. Greys out when trying snipping tool...

in Windows 10 Support
    Greys out when trying snipping tool...: [Win10 Version 20H2 (OS Bild)19042.928; Lenovo Laptop; Outlook/Word 2016; Google Chrome...(is there more?)]. Hello, I'm trying to take a screenshot of the language preferences in my taskbar, but when I open it and bring out the snipping tool, it greys out. Is there a work...
  7. Windows Snipping Tool shortcut not working

Windows Snipping Tool shortcut not working: The Win + Shift + S snipping tool shortcut opens up the widget but does not save the snip or open the editor, however the snipping app itself works correctly when opened up. The registry correctly points to user pictures folder; I took these images and description of the...
  8. UAC Prompting when trying to use Snipping Tool (Windows 10)

UAC Prompting when trying to use Snipping Tool (Windows 10): When I try to use the Snipping Tool on computer, it is prompting the User Account Control. I am an Adminstrator on my computer. I don't want to turn it off, but I also don't want it to keep prompting me everytime I use the Snipping Tool....
  9. Shortcut Snipping tool

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut Snipping tool: I have a surface book 2. How can i assign the prtscn button to take a screenshot with the microsoft snipping tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-snipping-tool/4b4e09f7-4579-46eb-8995-aa5406b432b6
  10. Start Menu and The Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and The Snipping Tool: How do I take a screenshot of the Start Menu with the Snipping Tool if as soon as I click Snipping Tool the Start Menu closes? 66130