Windows 10: Cortana Mic Not Working-Mic is Functional and works with games/Google

Discus and support Cortana Mic Not Working-Mic is Functional and works with games/Google in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; No idea what is going on. Cortana doesn't hear me when I hit the MIC option. Nothing registers at all. The mic is fully functional. It works on Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pittguy578, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Cortana Mic Not Working-Mic is Functional and works with games/Google

No idea what is going on. Cortana doesn't hear me when I hit the MIC option. Nothing registers at all.
    The mic is fully functional. It works on Google Voice search perfectly in Chrome and my games. I set up the microphone in the settings. This is just so bizarre. Any other idea on how to fix it?

:)

pittguy578, Mar 29, 2018
  2. Ari L. Win User

Can't configure microphone with Xonar sound card

I'm trying to use the microphone configuration, it keeps saying audio device is not available. The mic won't work in games, works with desk recording and Cortana. If using the on board Realtek the mic configures and is working in games. Any help is
    appreciated.

Ari L., Mar 29, 2018
  3. P Brown Win User
    cortana

Cortana mic not working. cant hear me. do I need an outside mic plugged in. it says Cortana mic not set up

P Brown, Mar 29, 2018
  4. Cortana Mic Not Working-Mic is Functional and works with games/Google

Hi pittyguy578

When you say you set up mic in settings did you do that in the Cortana settings box?

Caledon Ken, Mar 31, 2018
Thema:

Cortana Mic Not Working-Mic is Functional and works with games/Google

1. Cortana Mic Not Working-Mic is Functional and works with games/Google - Similar Threads - Cortana Mic Working

2. mic not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mic not working: my windows 10 pc isnt detecting any mics if i put it in the mic slot it just dose not do anything but the mic is working on my Android phone if tried updaing an reinstalling drivers and even tried myltiple mics without any success please help if possible...
  3. Mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic not working: I have a USB Mic link: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08TW12C9V The mic did work, it stopped working. My laptop is an Asus Zenbook UX325EA-AH77. I have Win10 installed and fully updated. I can attach the mic to a different laptop with Win11 and use voice recorder to...
  4. Mic not working

Mic not working: Hey, I recently opened a thread about my mic not working, its been open for a while and didn't get a response that resolved my issue, my mic stopped working fully things ive done: roll back driver run sfc/scannow troubleshoot the mic...
  5. Gaming headset mic not working

Gaming headset mic not working: Hi, I just bought a gaming headset RAZER KRAKEN X and the mic doesn't work. It says that my microphone isn't plugged in even if it is. Underneath it, it says Line in not plugged and sterio mix disabled. I disabled the sterio mix because it was echoing my window...
  6. Mic not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic not working: Hi, I just updated my Windows 10 Enterprise and my microphone started to not work. What can I do? *************************************************************************************************** [ATTACH]...
  7. Mic is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic is not working: Hi, My desktop has a jack in the front for the audio/mic combo and speaker jack in the back. My headset has two male parts to enter to the computer. I decided to buy a female adapter that will take in the audio and mic to plug into the singular jack in the front. For...
  8. Mic not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic not working: So I try to plug in my mic to the pc's mic jack but the problem is that it's a remotetalk and it does not detect the microphone attached to the actual wire. It is instead waiting for another mic to plug in with it. How do I fix this? Specifications: Windows 10 Home Version...
  9. Mic not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic not working: My laptop integrated mic doesn't work. Same with my headset microphone. I am assuming it's a driver problem, no input. When trying to record a test thing in the windows voice recorder, it says "Your microphone isn't working". With other apps for recording voice it recognizes...
  10. Mic not working

Mic not working: If i try to use my mic on my computer (windows 10) it doesn't read it. I know it is not a problem with the mic because it works on different devices, so it is originating on my computer. And its not in the privacy settings for Microsoft apps because it doesn't work on discord...