Windows 10: Cortana mic

Discus and support Cortana mic in Cortana to solve the problem; After a tech fixing my internet problem left I realized that my Cortana mic had disappeared and the volume button in my task bar wouldn't go higher or... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by IRENECOOKXK, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Cortana mic

After a tech fixing my internet problem left I realized that my Cortana mic had disappeared and the volume button in my task bar wouldn't go higher or lower

:)

IRENECOOKXK, Aug 10, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Can't turn on Cortanas mic

I have tried all suggestions but I still cant turn Cortana's mic

* Moved from Edge

* Original title: Cortana mic

willmac1939, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Cortana mic

Can't turn on Cortanas mic

Hi Will,

Wrong configuration settings may be one of the possible reason why you're unable to enable Cortana's microphone. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried to turn on Cortana's microphone?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by Rasec_007 on this
    thread on how to enable the Cortana's microphone.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Cortana mic

1. Cortana mic - Similar Threads - Cortana mic

2. CORTANA MIC

in Cortana
    CORTANA MIC: Hi , How do I enable setting such that when I open cortana then mic get on and not to click on mike. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-mic/37bc2b6c-9afe-4fab-a63d-0f86f1ce5fef
  3. When I use Cortana it says no mic connected - I use the mic for other things and it works...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I use Cortana it says no mic connected - I use the mic for other things and it works...: This is a cortana problem - I didn't any drop down screen with Cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-use-cortana-it-says-no-mic-connected-i-use/5104a27f-c9ee-461b-b362-fe6d5b2406a8
  4. Mic only works in cortana, nowhere else. I've had it for 6 months with no problems, and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic only works in cortana, nowhere else. I've had it for 6 months with no problems, and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UserOfRedditName [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ibr7x9/mic_only_works_in_cortana_nowhere_else_ive_had_it/
  5. Mic used in talking to Cortana

in Cortana
    Mic used in talking to Cortana: Does a Snowball mic work with Cortana in Windows 10, version 10.0.0.18362, build 18362? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-used-in-talking-to-cortana/555e79fa-16d2-4590-85eb-572b8f3af756"
  6. Rats, I can't hear you. It might be a mic problem. (says Cortana)

in Cortana
    Rats, I can't hear you. It might be a mic problem. (says Cortana): Hello all, I am new here and not a techie so please bear with me on this. I have a Windows 10 laptop purchased early last year and a Windows 10 Tablet/PC purchased early this. Never activated/used Cortana on the laptop as there was no real need to, however it does come in...
  7. Cortana and mic troubles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana and mic troubles: I just got my laptop and i decided to try Cortana but when I click on the mic it brings her up for a short while and then crashes. I tried going to settings and clicking set up mic but as soon as I click it, it says detecting problem and won't let me. I have skyped some...
  8. Windows Cortana Not responding to any working Mic

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Cortana Not responding to any working Mic: Hi Guys Windows Cortana is not responding to any working Mic. I am on 1803 OS Build 17134.48 I have followed all the pages I can find on here. Nothing works but my MIcs are fine I have even tested them with online mic checkers. The mic setup works fine but it will not hear....
  9. mic/camera Cortana

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic/camera Cortana: Hello I have been trying to solve this by myself and in doing so found many people with the same issue. As soon as I put Cortana 'ON' the light to the camera/mic stays on. I don't think I am being spied upon but a light can only stay on so long before it is, so long. I am...
  10. Cortana Mic Not Working-Mic is Functional and works with games/Google

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Mic Not Working-Mic is Functional and works with games/Google: No idea what is going on. Cortana doesn't hear me when I hit the MIC option. Nothing registers at all. The mic is fully functional. It works on Google Voice search perfectly in Chrome and my games. I set up the microphone in the settings. This is just so bizarre. Any other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change cortana mic button