Windows 10: Cortana Microphone & Functionality dissapeared in latest Win 10 upgrade??

Discus and support Cortana Microphone & Functionality dissapeared in latest Win 10 upgrade?? in Cortana to solve the problem; My Windows 10 was upgraded as of Feb 15th and I lost the microphone in the search box and Cortana will not function. If I say "Hey Cortana", I get a... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RickWeatherhead, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Cortana Microphone & Functionality dissapeared in latest Win 10 upgrade??

My Windows 10 was upgraded as of Feb 15th and I lost the microphone in the search box and Cortana will not function. If I say "Hey Cortana", I get a "listening" response window but nothing more happens. What gives? Microphone and audio are working fine and so is my language package for Canada.

:)

RickWeatherhead, Feb 17, 2020

2. Cortana Microphone headset problems.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open settings by clicking thee windows icon the click settings.
    • Search Sound in the top right corner and click it.
    • Then right click the one device you want to use, then click default communication device.
    • Then try Cortana.
    As you've already set up microphone but I would suggest you to check again by typing microphone set up and go through that, it should set everything up for you.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Microphone not working with Cortana

Hi,

I appreciate you for providing detail of the issue.

I suggest you to try below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Cortana & Search settings.
    • Slide the slider to On in Hey Cortana.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Feb 17, 2020
  4. CountMike Win User

Cortana Microphone & Functionality dissapeared in latest Win 10 upgrade??

Cortana not istening to microphone.

Yes, works there too. I think I got stuck with a deaf Cortana. I thought I was the only one here.

CountMike, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Cortana Microphone & Functionality dissapeared in latest Win 10 upgrade??

1. Cortana Microphone & Functionality dissapeared in latest Win 10 upgrade?? - Similar Threads - Cortana Microphone Functionality

2. Latest upgrade to Win 10 version H2N1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest upgrade to Win 10 version H2N1: Two problems:1> the fonts now used on the desktop show a drop shadow again. Used to be able to turn this off, but even when I edit the registry setting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\ListViewShasdow from 1 back to 0 and do a...
  3. Latest upgrade to Win 10 version H2N1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest upgrade to Win 10 version H2N1: Two problems:1> the fonts now used on the desktop show a drop shadow again. Used to be able to turn this off, but even when I edit the registry setting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\ListViewShasdow from 1 back to 0 and do a...
  4. Latest upgrade to Win 10 version H2N1

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cortana's improper functionality

in Cortana
    Cortana's improper functionality: Week ago I purchase a Headphone for better experience of windows features. In starting, it works fine and when I call her, she just do few of task and say "Sorry, I can't help with that." I'm fine with that but now today i call her she didn't respond and even can't search on...
  6. Cortana microphone

in Cortana
    Cortana microphone: I cannot cortana to work on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-microphone/0d95770a-5255-4c8d-aab7-fd31d3ecb27a
  7. Latest Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Win 10: Compared with theWin 10 on my domestic computer, this one is areally fussy beggar. If any attempt is made toCustomise folder colours [even if they can be], Windowsgoes off into a sulk - User screen, little swirly cursor, "Please Wait". Sometimes the Wait Time is too great and...
  8. Cortana and Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cortana and Microphone: Cortana can't hear me. My laptop microphone worked to talk to Cortana now I get the message no microphone Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-microphone/da94e8e8-8f14-4391-bbc6-64ca90133c5f
  9. Disabling Win 10 Upgrade Function

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling Win 10 Upgrade Function: I have a Dell Inspiron 15Z-5523. When looking it up on the Dell Support site it is listed as incompatible and not tested for Win 10 versions above 1607. I'm perfectly happy running Win 10 Version 1607 -- BUT-- the Win 10 Upgrade function keeps automatically downloading...
  10. Cortana email function

in Browsers and Email
    Cortana email function: Have set up Cortana in windows 10. Works OK. I ask to send email and it asks for contact name. No contact is listed in drop box list. Cannot send mail. I have functioning Comcast, Outlook and Gmail accounts. How do I establish contacts in Cortana. 19140