Windows 10: Cortana (Microsoft Registered)

Discus and support Cortana (Microsoft Registered) in Cortana to solve the problem; The name of Cortana popped up on my Skype page, offering help withsuggestions of restaurants organising files and even chatting,but when I queried who... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DonaldW Barnes, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Cortana (Microsoft Registered)

The name of Cortana popped up on my Skype page, offering help withsuggestions of restaurants organising files and even chatting,but when I queried who it was the answer always comes back for me to release the privacy agreement, which I refused. It has ended up in my list of contacts and I cannot get rid of it. I can delete conversation but there is no delete contact button or a block contact button. I am 73 years old and only one finger type i.e. I am useless on computers. I am worried that this is a hidden virus. I never asked for Cortana, don't understand it,and want rid. Who is it and do you have any suggestions on how to delete an unwanted contact? Thank you.

:)

DonaldW Barnes, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Cortana

Thank you for your response. We'd like to ask if you were able to finished resetting the cache? If the issue still persists, we suggest re-registering Cortana components using Powershell. Follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type powershell and select Windows Powershell on the list.
    • Type the following command below: Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.Windows.Cortana | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

After doing so, try using Cortana again and see if issue is resolved.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Oct 30, 2018
  3. No Cortana Icon on Microsoft Edge

Hi Praveen,

It is possible that the Show search and site suggestions as I type option in Microsoft Edge isn't enabled which explains why the Cortana icon is not visible. To check, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the Menu button (...).
    • Click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge
      option.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Show search and site suggestions as I type option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Cortana (Microsoft Registered)

Cortana Duplicated Notifucations

We suggest that you rebuild Cortana via PowerShell to restore any missing components on it that may cause the issue. Try it first on your laptop and check if the issue will persist. If the issue with the notification is resolved, you can mirror the same
    steps on your Surface.

To rebuild Cortana, follow these steps:

• In the Search box, type PowerShell.
    • Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command below to the PowerShell tool and press Enter:
      • Get-AppxPackage | % { Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register
        "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -verbose }
    • Once done, restart your device to apply the changes.

Let us know if the steps provided above works for you.

Joan Pin, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Cortana (Microsoft Registered)

1. Cortana (Microsoft Registered) - Similar Threads - Cortana Microsoft Registered

2. Register device with Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Register device with Microsoft account.: Is there any benefit to registering my desktop PC as a device in my Microsoft account? Is there any way to do this without creating a Microsoft account on the local PC? 175892
  3. Issue with registering in Microsoft Contest

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with registering in Microsoft Contest: Hi Trying to enter a contest on the Microsoft website what is the meaning of business email ? Thank you[ATTACH] [Original Title: e-mail] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-registering-in-microsoft-contest/0ce26e74-a84c-4268-9ec5-164a9c87662a
  4. Registering Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Registering Microsoft Account: This has to be a common problem. I am setting up a new computer with Microsoft. I do not live in the U.S. but my official address is in the States. That includes what I use for my U.S. bank account. I entered all billing info correctly. e.g. credit card #, etc. My credit...
  5. Microsoft Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Cortana: Hello Microsoft Co. I use Cortana and I like this assistant.But I have a problem.In old version, when I said "Cortana, shut down this Pc", this command worked, but in Windows 20H2 it isn't work.Please, fix it.[ATTACH]...
  6. Not activating Cortana by not registering?

Not activating Cortana by not registering?: Morning tsm. Wants to decativate Cortana because deleting is not recommended or almost impossible. When I open Cortana, it means that I have to register to start Cortana. Is it enough that I simply do not register so that Cortana is not used/activated? Lg Cortana nicht...
  7. register microsoft wireless mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    register microsoft wireless mouse: I'm having trouble registering my wireless 3500 mouse, any help? link, resource, article, etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/register-microsoft-wireless-mouse/d816d1fe-7494-498f-b5eb-36d6c94680a1
  8. Microsoft Files registers as malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Files registers as malware: I have anti-virus and anti-malware program (avast and malwarebytes). Whenever I scan malwarebytes, these 4 files always registers as malware/riskware. Is it really? Just have to make sure before I quarantine it. [ATTACH]...
  9. Microsoft Cortana

Microsoft Cortana: Microsoft Cortana waiting in the wings, as well as Microsoft Cloud Experience Host. [img] Cortana only opens the Bing Search App for now, which is associated with the search icon on the taskbar. [img] The Microsoft Cloud Experience Host is an invalid link for...
  10. Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10: How to: Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 How to Reinstall and Re-register Cortana in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and...