Windows 10: Cortana Missing from PC

Discus and support Cortana Missing from PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I was looking to set up Cortana and use voice commands on my PC, but I can't find it anywhere. It's not hidden in the taskbar or anything like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Smitchface, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Cortana Missing from PC

Hello! I was looking to set up Cortana and use voice commands on my PC, but I can't find it anywhere. It's not hidden in the taskbar or anything like that. When I look under all apps, it's not even under there. In the Cs I have Calculator and Connect, but no Cortana. I ran a command in Windows Powershell that was supposed to fix my missing Cortana issue, but that didn't fix it either. I may have uninstalled it long ago, thinking I would never need it. Is there a place where I can just reinstall it?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Smitchface
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Smitchface, Feb 23, 2020

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Cortana - notebook icon missing

Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”. option not turn on

Biswajit samal, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Cortana Missing from PC

Cortana - notebook icon missing

Hi,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled
    Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Cortana Missing from PC

1. Cortana Missing from PC - Similar Threads - Cortana Missing

2. cortana - Notebook missing

in Cortana
    cortana - Notebook missing: Welp, I've been running windows for some years. Yes I have tried Making sure my time zone/date/location etc lines up. I have tried everything I could think of, plus some, as well as every stupid and obvious thing the internet could think of!To be honest, at this point, I...
  3. Cortana Missing

in Cortana
    Cortana Missing: My Laptop Cortana is missing any ideas pls ASAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-missing/92d293bb-d5d4-4441-91f0-42d69425d6d9
  4. Windows 10 Cortana "learn my voice" is missing

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Cortana "learn my voice" is missing: As I said: Windows 10 Cortana "learn my voice" is missing. If I go into "Windows Settings" There is no "Cortana" option. Even when I use the search box. If I open up Cortona and select the gear icon, it will open up but won't offer the option to learn my voice. Nor is the...
  5. Cortana doesn't respond to some commands on my computer. Also it is missing some features. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana doesn't respond to some commands on my computer. Also it is missing some features. Why?: I was so happy when I started Cortana for the first time. But I was dissapointed quickly, because it is missing A LOT of features that normal Cortana has. For example, it doesn't have that taskbar on the left or the function to learn the voice, also some commands, like...
  6. files are missing in cortana app

in Cortana
    files are missing in cortana app: problems connecting cortana to the geeni app * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-missing-in-cortana-app/d5d73661-8f31-40af-a48b-7360a99fba86
  7. Ask Cortana box missing

in Cortana
    Ask Cortana box missing: Hello, I run a windows 10 with the version 1903, so cortana has changed to a personal assistant which can remember thing and open programs tell me what's scheduled etc. There are 2 ways to communicate with cortana, with voice and by typing in the Ask Cortana box but the ask...
  8. Hey cortana and cortana option is missing in setting

in Cortana
    Hey cortana and cortana option is missing in setting: I am using windows 10 home... In this windows i dont see hey cortana activation and cortana option in setting.. Is this any problem in update or not available in windows 10 home?...
  9. CORTANA' S FUNCTIONS MISSING!!

in Cortana
    CORTANA' S FUNCTIONS MISSING!!: [ATTACH] THIS IS VISIBLE TO ME [ATTACH] AND IN THE MENU BAR ONLY THIS IS VISIBLE. WHERE IS MY LEFT PANEL?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-s-functions-missing/099de354-164c-4fa9-8376-edafc27c12d1
  10. Parts of cortana are missing after last update

in Cortana
    Parts of cortana are missing after last update: parts of cortana are missing after installing latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parts-of-cortana-are-missing-after-last-update/f9e79b5f-843a-407d-99aa-ad9ab0c04231