Windows 10: Cortana Missing From Start Menu

Discus and support Cortana Missing From Start Menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have tried everything! For some reason, Cortana is not on my start menu or one of my pinned tiles. Not sure how to get it back on there.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlexisLopez4, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Cortana Missing From Start Menu

Hello,

I have tried everything! For some reason, Cortana is not on my start menu or one of my pinned tiles. Not sure how to get it back on there. Therefore Cortana's search bar is also missing, which was super convenient for me.

Can someone please tell me how to pin Cortana to tiles contained in the Windows start menu?

Thanks!!

Alexis Lopez

:)

AlexisLopez4, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Terreb Win User
    Cortana Missing from Start Menu

I have the same problem. No Cortana in the all apps list or on the start menu. Cortana icon is showing on the taskbar and works OK. So where is the app on the all apps list and why can't I install an icon on the start menu?

Terreb, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Cortana Missing From Start Menu

Start menu and Cortana not working

Hi Philip,

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the help article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Cortana Missing From Start Menu

1. Cortana Missing From Start Menu - Similar Threads - Cortana Missing Start

2. Excel Missing from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel Missing from Start Menu: Excel Missing from Start MenuI have Windows 10 and a subscription to Microsoft Office 365 Family. When I was trying to open one of my workbooks, I noticed that instead of the spreadsheet symbol, it looked more like a blank page. The workbook would not open, it was asking...
  3. start menu and cortana

in Cortana
    start menu and cortana: start menu and cortana do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-cortana/af6eb818-795d-4653-9bb3-28c3706de982
  4. Cortana missing, searchUI.exe gone, Start Menu crashes

in Cortana
    Cortana missing, searchUI.exe gone, Start Menu crashes: Hello everyone, I'm a part of Windows Insider Programme and I do not know if that influences my issue in any way. I own a Dell XPS 9560 with 19041.84 build. I already went back on the update when I realised there was something wrong, but it did not help. Now I have all the...
  5. Remove cortana from start menu

in Cortana
    Remove cortana from start menu: Seeking for assist on removing cortana from start menu. Tried the method below 1) using registry set 0 value on “AllowCortana” to disable. 2) On desktop, right click to hide cortana None of the above, work to remove cortana from start menu. please assist....
  6. Program missing from Start Menu

Program missing from Start Menu: I'm running windows 10, build 1607 (work machine, *I* can't update it) A while back, I was trying to create a shortcut to Outlook and accidentally MOVED the shortcut out of the start menu folder. (%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs) I've re-added it, but it...
  7. Start Menu and Cortana Not Working

Start Menu and Cortana Not Working: So for the past couple of months I've been dealing with this issue. I managed to fix a couple of other issues with my computer, mainly wifi driver issues but I still can't open up my start menu or cortana. Another Issue I have are daily blue screens from driver failure fslx....
  8. How to unpin Cortana from Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unpin Cortana from Start Menu?: i've searched everywhere, and even uninstalled Cortana from Windows Features.. it's no longer running.. but i can't figure out how to unpin it from the Start Menu. Anyone know how to unpin Cortana? Thanks FYI: if anyone is interested in removing hidden Windows...
  9. start menu is not working and cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu is not working and cortana: suddenly my start menu and cortana is not working please help fast 33252
  10. No Start Menu? No Cortana?

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu? No Cortana?: Everything was working ABSOLUTELY AWESOMELY with build 10041. As of 7:00 p.m. central time 3/22/2014. Now, I log into my computer this morning and nothing Start is just not working. I can't get into settings (any way that I know) to revert back. Can someone please assist in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana missing from start menu

2. cortana missing

3. cortana tile missing

4. my cortana disappeared from the start menu,
  5. cortana app missing,
  6. cortana shortcut missins,
  7. cortana not in app menu,
  8. why cortana app is not showing in start menu,
  9. cortana shortcut missing,
  10. cortana app in windows 10 disappeared,
  11. cortana missing fron start,