Windows 10: Cortana missing in notifications and actions

Discus and support Cortana missing in notifications and actions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've never noticed if this was an issue before but I was curious as to why little Cortana tidbits were not coming up in my action center on one PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Cortana missing in notifications and actions

I've never noticed if this was an issue before but I was curious as to why little Cortana tidbits were not coming up in my action center on one PC, whilst they do for another machine.

So I went to settings - notifications and actions, and I see Cortana is missing here. Whilst on the other PC Cortana has an entry allowing banners and sounds to be turned on. Puzzled why my main desktop machine doesn't have the option? Any ideas why and how I can get it to show? Is it a 'mobile' PC only feature perhaps, my desktop doesn't have or use wifi, it's Ethernet only whilst our other machine connects via wifi so I guess Windows would see it as a mobile device. I only speculate this because on my desktop 'find my device' isn't active because of it being non-mobile machine. I've googled the issue extensively but there is no concrete answer anywhere - I looked at a lot of images of apps available to switch notifications on and it's a real mixed bag, Cortana shows on some but is also missing in many others. So there must be a key detail/setting that determines whether Cortana is available to send notifications in the action centre

Other than this quirk Cortana works pretty well on my desktop. She does all the right things in the actual start menu area with reminders, tips, news etc etc but I'd like her to pop up in the action centre too with handy info. Tidbits are switched on in Cortana settings by the way and both are anniversary updated versions of windows totally updated to latest public version

Cortana missing in notifications and actions [​IMG]

:)

Scottyboy99, Sep 9, 2016
  2. stgreg Win User

Cortana Phone App Notifications on PC - They open Windows Store???

The Cortana Android App places notifications in Action Center on my PC. When I click on them, Cortana (on my PC) opens and shows the notification. As of today, clicking on those notifications (in action center) opens Windows Store - not Cortana.

Any Advice?

stgreg, Sep 9, 2016
  3. Cortana Missing

It didn’t help. As I told you in the previous mail there is no microphone sign and no Cortana circle on the search bar. I was thinking to uninstall updates and reinstall them. Before the factory reset Cortana was there and was working . Please suggest
    something else.

Cortana Missing, Sep 9, 2016
  4. Cortana missing in notifications and actions

Actually the Facebook app is also missing from this list too, it's on the other PC list but not on here. Strange. I'm not really caring much about Facebook but I am very puzzled why cortana is missing.

seems the whole 'get notifications from these senders' is badly executed by MS judging from some stuff I found. Here's a thread about duplicate entries or entrus relating to uninstalled stuff, the fix has nasty side effects possibly breaking live tiles so I won't be touching that. Suspect the missing cortana entry from my list is part of the same type of problem with the notifications.

Microsoft Community

Scottyboy99, Sep 9, 2016
Thema:

Cortana missing in notifications and actions

1. Cortana missing in notifications and actions - Similar Threads - Cortana missing notifications

2. Notifications & Actions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications & Actions: Hi,Im currently trying to turn on "Get Notifications from apps and other senders", but as off the moment the option is greyed out and there is a text saying *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation. It is a hassle for me as i'm not receiving...
  3. Notification Actions

Notification Actions: In my notifications actions it reads get notifications from apps and other senders with a on and off Question I turn it off but when I close out and come back it has turned itself back on How can I keep it off...
  4. Missing Apps in the notifications settings for the action center

Missing Apps in the notifications settings for the action center: Hello, I'm having issues with the notifications for the action center. The action center on windows 10 is working well, except that I want to get notifications for some apps like Brave, a new browser that i had installed for two or three weeks and it did not appear on the...
  5. Notification & action

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notification & action: Using www.youtube.com I found that it is possible to download audio or video by means of www.ssyoutube.com But, www.ssyoutube.com led to site en.saveform.net which offers to download app for downloading audio or video. This was not what I wanted and I left this site....
  6. Chrome missing from Notifications & Actions settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chrome missing from Notifications & Actions settings: Im not getting notifications from Chrome EVEN THOUGH there are sites that are allowed to push notifications in Chrome settings. When I went to notifications & actions settings in windows there is no option for Chrome in the get notifications from these senders section. How...
  7. Notification Action

Notification Action: Notification actio is not showing up after updating new window 10,thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-action/7441bd6d-973a-4d54-bb51-59ff98060da7
  8. Cortana Notifications Text Issues in Action Center

Cortana Notifications Text Issues in Action Center: After the Windows 10 1903 update, the font color of the text has been hard to see in dark mode. I can change the accent color to something lighter, but it's still hard to see. Any suggestions? [ATTACH]...
  9. Settings/Notifications & actions

Settings/Notifications & actions: Good Morning Community: My question is: How can I delete, not disable, a third-party web-site notification in my Windows 10, build 18342.19h1, Settings, Notifications & actions menu? As an example I have disabled this web-site notification "hddmag.com (via Microsoft...
  10. Desktop > Notifications and Actions > Action Centre

Desktop > Notifications and Actions > Action Centre: Hello, I have an icon at the right of my taskbar, in the form of a document with a circled number (in this case 2). This used to indicate that, for instance, I needed to check the results of my Backup, when I click on it. Now when I click on it, it tells me I have no new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana switch missing in notifications and actions

2. cortana notifications missing

3. cortana missing in Notification and actions