Windows 10: cortana missing in setting and searchbox in taskbar not working at all

Discus and support cortana missing in setting and searchbox in taskbar not working at all in Cortana to solve the problem; before this search box problem i have did a windows reinstall using a usb drive and after it reinstall and upgrade, the search box can't use at all and... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Teo5132, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Teo5132 Win User

cortana missing in setting and searchbox in taskbar not working at all

before this search box problem i have did a windows reinstall using a usb drive and after it reinstall and upgrade, the search box can't use at all and also cortana is missing

:)

Teo5132, Sep 14, 2019

2. Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803

Hi,
    I'm Creating a new Windows 10 Pro v1803 Image. I need to be able to disable Cortana and web searching in the searchbox on the taskbar for all newly created users. My problem is when I have Cortana disabled, the searchbox reverts to the magnifying glass icon. I need it to show the searchbox and I need to remove web results from appearing when searching for things. I don't want to have to manually change the taskbar settings everytime I have a new user logging in. I have tried both local group policy and regedit. I have it working on HKCU on the current admin user account, but for some reason it doesn't apply to all users no matter what I try. Is this doable at the moment?
    I think I have tried all the guides on this website, I also have been looking for days. Any Help would be appreciated, thanks!

datdereyeehaw, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Dreaden Win User
    Cortana Missing and Search Windows not working after Anniversary Updat

Cortana is missing from the taskbar so the first method won't work. I also did the SFC/scannow and it didn't find anything missing. I read somewhere that if you create a new user it might work. I did that and saw Cortana in the taskbar, but when I try to go into the settings it says ms-cortana missing.

Also in regedit under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Search I don't have CortanaEnabled as some people have suggested to change the value of that from 0 to 1. Is that something I should create?

Dreaden, Sep 25, 2019
  4. cortana missing in setting and searchbox in taskbar not working at all

Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803

Still having no luck figuring out how to disable cortana, but leave searchbox on the taskbar enabled. Don't know what combination of things to disable/enable to make this happen I have been trying for awhile now. I have it now that cortana is disabled, but when creating a new user and clicking on start, the searchbox changes to the cortana symbol..weird.

datdereyeehaw, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

cortana missing in setting and searchbox in taskbar not working at all

1. cortana missing in setting and searchbox in taskbar not working at all - Similar Threads - cortana missing setting

2. Taskbar settings option missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar settings option missing: When I right click on the taskbar, there is no "taskbar settings" option, what should I do? I use windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-settings-option-missing/ee1fb0b6-af29-4cee-9eb8-a02ffec29c5a
  3. SearchBox is Not Working after Updated to 21H1

in Cortana
    SearchBox is Not Working after Updated to 21H1: Hey, I have updated to latest windows 21H1 3 days back. A error message was showing on windows updates that "Your device is missing important security and quality". But check for updates is showing update for me. After this update search box is not working either it is start...
  4. Searchbox Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Searchbox Not Working: Search box can't type and can't sign in with Microsoft Account since updating from version 1903 to 1909. How to fix it on windows 10 home edition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searchbox-not-working/43e0b224-40ce-4f12-98c2-2011fbc56d9e
  5. Hey cortana and cortana option is missing in setting

in Cortana
    Hey cortana and cortana option is missing in setting: I am using windows 10 home... In this windows i dont see hey cortana activation and cortana option in setting.. Is this any problem in update or not available in windows 10 home?...
  6. Cortana And Search Settings Are Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana And Search Settings Are Missing: [ATTACH] I installed the latest update of windows insider preview and the build id is 1903 suddenly the cortana and search settings option got removed from the user settings. tried internet tutorial nothing worked. please help me, attaching the screenshot below. my...
  7. Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803: Hi, I'm Creating a new Windows 10 Pro v1803 Image. I need to be able to disable Cortana and web searching in the searchbox on the taskbar for all newly created users. My problem is when I have Cortana disabled, the searchbox reverts to the magnifying glass icon. I need it to...
  8. Cortana doesn't work at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana doesn't work at all: Every time I say something to her I get a response of "Something's not right. Try again in a little bit". I tried "Play some music" and got a little excited when she said "OK playing your music..." but then "Something's not right." Anyone come across this? Thoughts on what to...
  9. Cortana Taskbar Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Taskbar Search Not Working: Cortana taskbar search shows up but when you click on it, you cannot enter text. Also even though you can see the Cortana control panel listing when searching in Settings when you click on it it does not open. I checked and the Cortana files are in the System Apps folder. The...
  10. Searchbox on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Searchbox on taskbar: I like to have the simple search box - magnifying glass only - on the taskbar. Since Win 10 Creators Update it appears - thus - Circle Type here to search (space) then the microphone symbol - Can't find a way back to the simple mag glass. Help! 92503

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana is not at setting