Windows 10: Cortana missing, searchUI.exe gone, Start Menu crashes

Discus and support Cortana missing, searchUI.exe gone, Start Menu crashes in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'm a part of Windows Insider Programme and I do not know if that influences my issue in any way. I own a Dell XPS 9560 with 19041.84... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by cheekyclassy, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Cortana missing, searchUI.exe gone, Start Menu crashes

Hello everyone,

I'm a part of Windows Insider Programme and I do not know if that influences my issue in any way. I own a Dell XPS 9560 with 19041.84 build. I already went back on the update when I realised there was something wrong, but it did not help. Now I have all the updates installed.

A quick description of my problems:

1. Cortana folders are missing, there's no options for it in settings either, like it never existed. The only leftover is an icon in Start Menu.

2. I cannot perform any searches, whether it's in Start Menu or search bar in a folder. I found some solutions and tried a couple of them, that's how I realised Cortana is gone, along with SearchUI.exe application. It's also gone from the Task Manager>Details.

3. Start Menu opens, but if I try to go to "All apps" it crashes. Even if I'm quick enough to click any app, nothing happens before the crash. It appears as File Explorer restarts.

I would be grateful for advice on how to fix these issues.

Thanks!

:)

cheekyclassy, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 12, 2020
  3. AndreePin Win User
    AndreePin, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Cortana missing, searchUI.exe gone, Start Menu crashes

Windows Start Menu will not function properly. Cortana and Edge are gone from my main page

Hello,

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below article?
    I suggest you to run the Start menu troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Reply us back with the results. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Cortana missing, searchUI.exe gone, Start Menu crashes

1. Cortana missing, searchUI.exe gone, Start Menu crashes - Similar Threads - Cortana missing searchUI

2. RE: Start Menu Changes Not Saved; ShellExperienceHost, SearchUI,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    RE: Start Menu Changes Not Saved; ShellExperienceHost, SearchUI,...: My relatively new Windows 10 machine was intended as a music and video production-only workstation, so I previously disabled all network functionality to ensure no Update meddling or Rootkit shenanigans. However, my old Windows 7 computer, serving as Internet workstation,...
  3. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu gone: After upgrading it appears that my Start Menu is no longer displaying. Any ideas on how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/a2f9827e-679b-4bd8-9122-1e4ed74e59d4
  4. start menu and cortana

in Cortana
    start menu and cortana: start menu and cortana do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-cortana/af6eb818-795d-4653-9bb3-28c3706de982
  5. Exe files gone missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exe files gone missing: so my pc ran into a problem , i had to fix it with system restore . at first everything seems normal and i saw my desktop without any icons in it except the preinstalled apps , then i checked my files installed ... ALL the files is fine EXCEPT ALL OF MY EXE FILES ARE GONE...
  6. Cortana Missing From Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Missing From Start Menu: Hello, I have tried everything! For some reason, Cortana is not on my start menu or one of my pinned tiles. Not sure how to get it back on there. Therefore Cortana's search bar is also missing, which was super convenient for me. Can someone please tell me how to pin...
  7. Start menu gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu gone: Two of our Windows 10 computers have suddenly lost their start menus, and now Word documents can't be opened. What to do? Sandy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-gone/4f701a57-d981-4243-8e01-5874ecfd005e
  8. Start menu is gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu is gone: Since last update, my start menu is gone and none of my taskbar shortcuts are working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/start-menu-is-gone/e3195ce7-f566-4e68-8a19-332a23948909
  9. No Start Menu? No Cortana?

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu? No Cortana?: Everything was working ABSOLUTELY AWESOMELY with build 10041. As of 7:00 p.m. central time 3/22/2014. Now, I log into my computer this morning and nothing Start is just not working. I can't get into settings (any way that I know) to revert back. Can someone please assist in...
  10. Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?: I started getting these odd delays. Cortana's button would no longer open her. when I pressed the windows key or pressed the start menu, it took about 2 seconds to pop up... Very odd, my PC has an i7 4790k, and 8gb of RAM, and an r9 290 in it all on an SSD with plenty of...
Tags: