Windows 10: Cortana moves around on it's own.

Discus and support Cortana moves around on it's own. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It doesn't open up randomly, but when I open it it constantly moves around my apps, past the search bar etc. As if I was repeatedly mashing the TAB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zonaryfion581, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Cortana moves around on it's own.

It doesn't open up randomly, but when I open it it constantly moves around my apps, past the search bar etc. As if I was repeatedly mashing the TAB key. This also happens to other things too, like file manager, or when I click ctrl + alt + delete. When I restart my PC, the problem fixes, but it starts again after a few moments. I think it's because of my wired xbox controller, but this never happened before. Even if I press an input in a different direction on my control, it will still scroll.

:)

Zonaryfion581, Oct 22, 2020

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Cortana moves around on it's own.

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Cortana moves around on it's own.

1. Cortana moves around on it's own. - Similar Threads - Cortana moves around

2. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.: While I'm typing, the cursor will jump to another place in the compose screen, all by itself. Yes, while I am typing, the cursor will jump somewhere else, so you wind up typing somewhere else. scroll bar, scrolls its self-most times. Sometimes, while typing, a particular...
  3. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.: While I'm typing, the cursor will jump to another place in the compose screen, all by itself. Yes, while I am typing, the cursor will jump somewhere else, so you wind up typing somewhere else. scroll bar, scrolls its self-most times. Sometimes, while typing, a particular...
  4. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Photos Move around

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Move around: How do I keep my photos from moving around in a Word document that hasn't got any text it? Just photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-move-around/0f7ac266-7b31-49e6-9477-6387ca7e152e
  6. Photos Move around

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos Move around: How do I keep my photos from moving around in a Word document that hasn't got any text it? Just photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-move-around/0f7ac266-7b31-49e6-9477-6387ca7e152e
  7. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor Jumps Around on its Own: While I'm typing, the cursor will jump to another place in the compose screen, all by itself. Yes, while I am typing, the cursor will jump somewhere else, so you wind up typing somewhere else. This is happening in Hotmail and Notepad. Very frustrating. Windows 10 has other...
  8. files moving on their own

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files moving on their own: I was moving music files and some files i did not click on moved with them. i have norton 360 but norton said its not their fought i was off line doing this at the time. It was if some one was controlling my computer remotely...
  9. Mouse jumping around/ moving on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse jumping around/ moving on its own: Today I was playing a game, Endless Legend, when my mouse started zooming in and out really quickly. At first I thought it was just me touching the trackpad accidentally, but it carried on even when I wasn't touching the PC. I even unplugged my physical mouse and the problem...
  10. Mouse jumping around/ moving on its own

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse jumping around/ moving on its own: Today I was playing a game, Endless Legend, when my mouse started zooming in and out really quickly. At first I thought it was just me touching the trackpad accidentally, but it carried on even when I wasn't touching the PC. I even unplugged my physical mouse and the problem...