Windows 10: Cortana Music

Discus and support Cortana Music in Cortana to solve the problem; Hey all, How do I get Cortana to play music stored locally on my PC? My google-fu has failed me after several hours of looking. I do NOT want to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by FreelancerNZL, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Cortana Music

Hey all,

How do I get Cortana to play music stored locally on my PC? My google-fu has failed me after several hours of looking.

I do NOT want to use Iheart radio, spotify or any of that nonsense. Just play what I already have, whether its with groove, media player, whatever.

All music is stored under 'This PC > Music'

Cheers

:)

FreelancerNZL, Apr 6, 2019
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Cortana won't play local music

Hi Joseph,

Cortana plays musics that are located in a folder where Groove is set to look for music. You can add more folders to it by following this steps:

• Open Groove Music.
    • Under Albums, click Choose where we look for music.
    • Click + to add a folder.
    • Browse for the folder that you wanted and click Add this folder to Music
      and Cortana will now play musics on the folder.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Cortana Music

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Cortana Music

1. Cortana Music - Similar Threads - Cortana Music

2. can cortana play music through youtube music?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can cortana play music through youtube music?: I am currently using windows 11 22H2 latest update as of today26 march 2023, I am trying to command cortana to play music but it says "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here."I currently have youtube music installed on my pc from microsoft edge by clicking"install youtube...
  3. can cortana play music through youtube music?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can cortana play music through youtube music?: I am currently using windows 11 22H2 latest update as of today26 march 2023, I am trying to command cortana to play music but it says "I'm sorry, I can't control your music here."I currently have youtube music installed on my pc from microsoft edge by clicking"install youtube...
  4. Anyone know how to give Cortana permission to play music?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone know how to give Cortana permission to play music?: I'm currently using windows 11 and I want to use Cortana to listen to music on Spotify, but she said ''I can't control the music here.'' Anyone know how to give Cortana permission to play music? I tried many ways but they was not working. I need some help!!! * Moved from...
  5. Anyone know how to give Cortana permission to play music?

Anyone know how to give Cortana permission to play music?: I'm currently using windows 11 and I want to use Cortana to listen to music on Spotify, but she said ''I can't control the music here.'' Anyone know how to give Cortana permission to play music? I tried many ways but they was not working. I need some help!!! * Moved from...
  6. I want Cortana can control music all version of windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want Cortana can control music all version of windows 10 and 11: Why cortana can't open music right I want the features can control music all version of windows 10 and 11 not only 19H2 and 1909 it's to old https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-cortana-can-control-music-all-version-of/154778d1-256a-481f-95c4-f0d815352fe1
  7. I want Cortana can control music all version of windows 10 and 11

I want Cortana can control music all version of windows 10 and 11: Why cortana can't open music right I want the features can control music all version of windows 10 and 11 not only 19H2 and 1909 it's to old https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-cortana-can-control-music-all-version-of/154778d1-256a-481f-95c4-f0d815352fe1
  8. Cortana can't play music or clsoe window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana can't play music or clsoe window: Hello. I started using cortana yeasterday and i wanted to cortana open and play my music but its not workingI looked for a tips and i only found to open notebook. But in new cortana there isn't notebook.Same thing with the closing application he cannot close an application....
  9. Cortana can't play music or clsoe window

Cortana can't play music or clsoe window: Hello. I started using cortana yeasterday and i wanted to cortana open and play my music but its not workingI looked for a tips and i only found to open notebook. But in new cortana there isn't notebook.Same thing with the closing application he cannot close an application....
  10. Cortana can't play music or clsoe window

in Cortana

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make cottana play music from album

2. set up cortana to play music in library