Windows 10: Cortana Must Die

Discus and support Cortana Must Die in Cortana to solve the problem; I hate Cortana and the fact the Microsoft has done everything it can to prevent us from removing or deactivating it - especially the auto-websearch,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by tkhay, Sep 11, 2019.

1. tkhay Win User

Cortana Must Die

I hate Cortana and the fact the Microsoft has done everything it can to prevent us from removing or deactivating it - especially the auto-websearch, which I find extremely intrusive. I am tempted to edit my registry but fear any backlash or mishap as it is not something I am confident with. May I know if anyone has had any luck with alternative methods?

I know Microsoft will tout out its usual useless response - of which I have come across many in my last few hours searching; but even with the lack of helpful response I want this thread to communicate that I will henceforth actively go out of my way to avoid anything related to Cortana and Bing because of this vile and unethical policy.

I never thought I'd hate on a new machine for its OS, this is a first.

:)

tkhay, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Cortana Must Die

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Cortana Must Die

1. Cortana Must Die - Similar Threads - Cortana Must Die

2. I hate Cortana. It always searches everything on edge and why must cortana only be for kids.

in Cortana
    I hate Cortana. It always searches everything on edge and why must cortana only be for kids.: It always searches everything on edge and why must cortana only be for kids * Original title: I hate Cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-hate-cortana-it-always-searches-everything-on/7f4187e2-e6d9-4b50-b6b4-c937ef589384
  3. There must, be a way?

in Windows 10 Customization
    There must, be a way?: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.It also has, a DVD drive.I purchased the movie, "Big" on DVD.I couldn't, get it to run? So, I went.To the, Microsoft Store. I downloaded, power DVD.And, I just watched it. Tom Hanks. Great, actor!It is, copyrighted. But I...
  4. There must, be a way?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There must, be a way?: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.It also has, a DVD drive.I purchased the movie, "Big" on DVD.I couldn't, get it to run? So, I went.To the, Microsoft Store. I downloaded, power DVD.And, I just watched it. Tom Hanks. Great, actor!It is, copyrighted. But I...
  5. There must be a way?

in Windows 10 Customization
    There must be a way?: I'm running Windows 10.99% of my desktop icons.Are a picture, of the default browser.If I, right click properties. Change icon. To, one of the 99%.This is, all I see . . .Not sure why. But YouTube, see's all these?Is there anyway. To put these in a folder,where I can find...
  6. There must be an application . . .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There must be an application . . .: My computer is a, Dell laptop. Running Windows 10 pro. There are times, I need to "Delete". Very, BIG folders. So big, that it takes hours. Is there an app, I could get. That would just, chew 'em up fast? Hopefully, free? So, give me, good news. Thanks for reading . . ....
  7. Must I make one more action to ask Cortana?

in Cortana
    Must I make one more action to ask Cortana?: Hello! I updated my Windows 10 to 2004. In the previous version, I could just click the Cortana circle in my taskbar and ask her about something with my voice. After the 2004 update, I click the icon, the Cortana window shows up, I talk to her, she doesn't listen. I must...
  8. Windows 10 update fails ... then the system dies and must revert back to previous version....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update fails ... then the system dies and must revert back to previous version....: Windows 10 update fails ... then the system dies and must revert back to previous version. Why is there not a patch for the update? Peace, LAN...
  9. Cortana died, needs resurrection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana died, needs resurrection: For some unknown reason Cortana is dead on my computer. Additionally, so is the search box. I'd like to resurrect her, or at least get the search function going. I found this on the internet, but don't know where "notebook" is located: "Enabling Cortana is just as easy as...
  10. Why Windows must die. For the third time

in Windows 10 News
    Why Windows must die. For the third time: Last week, a key event occurred in the history of personal computing. It marks the beginning of the death of the operating system that we recognize today as Microsoft Windows. This euthanizing of Windows has been planned for at least five years, and Microsoft knows that it...