Windows 10: "Cortana never sleeps"

Discus and support "Cortana never sleeps" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Win 10 build 10147 and one of the things that's run amok is Cortana just pops up her head and says something like "somethings wrong please try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AFTommy, Jun 23, 2015.

1. AFTommy Win User

"Cortana never sleeps"

I have Win 10 build 10147 and one of the things that's run amok is Cortana just pops up her head and says something like "somethings wrong please try again later". I am AFK watching TV when it happens. Nothing is running, that I can see. Its getting more frequent so I am muting the volume so it don't interfere with my TV viewing or reading. Feedback welcomed.

:)

AFTommy, Jun 23, 2015
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jun 23, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it "Cortana never sleeps" :(

oh gawd wat to do ? "Cortana never sleeps" :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram "Cortana never sleeps" :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx "Cortana never sleeps" :)

musum, Jun 23, 2015
  4. "Cortana never sleeps"

She is always listening (I think), for you to say "Hey Cortana" and then give a command

From what you say, she is listening to the TV but cannot understand what is being said

There should be a way to stop here listening, unfortunately I am not sure where this option is

paulsalter, Jun 23, 2015
Thema:

"Cortana never sleeps"

1. "Cortana never sleeps" - Similar Threads - Cortana never sleeps

2. SLEEP NEVER DOES NOT WORK

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SLEEP NEVER DOES NOT WORK: I went through a number of answers on this topic.What is the latest recommendation?When setting up never to go to sleep it does so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-never-does-not-work/71cf39a1-2a90-4d30-bb65-8e9bfe8a63c6
  3. Cortana Never Works

in Cortana
    Cortana Never Works: Hey guys, My Cortana didn,t work If ya guys Know the solution please tell it to me as soon as possible Cortana don,t work, now search always tire me Problem Cortana don,t ever work Result Ended up, tiring search Can ya please tell me a solution to this problem?...
  4. Cortana Sleep Issue

in Cortana
    Cortana Sleep Issue: Background: I saw another thread on "Cortana Sleep Issue" describing how Cortana would block the auto sleep/hibernation of your PC if you were to leave Cortana on and actively listening for "Hey Cortana". On that thread, the issue remains unresolved as far as I can see....
  5. Cortana Responds to my Question but never answers

in Cortana
    Cortana Responds to my Question but never answers: Hello: When I say "Hey Cortana", it starts Cortana and even displays my question, but then it just spins a circle above the question for about 4 seconds while it chimes, and then it just stops. Any ideas? Regards,...
  6. Cortana no longer sleeps

in Cortana
    Cortana no longer sleeps: Hi Being handicapped I find using Cortana to shutdown/restart/sleep and it seems any other search very useful. Cortana has been working well for over a month now but all of a sudden it doesn't do what I ask but it just things for a while and then stops After even a simple...
  7. Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep: I've set my monitors to never sleep yet they do so on an irregular basis. They can go weeks w/o sleeping yet today they went to sleep twice in less than a 1/2 hour. I just double checked my settings and they are still set to never sleep. I did just start using Helios Display...
  8. Remove cortana from this computer as it will never be used.

in Cortana
    Remove cortana from this computer as it will never be used.: Want to remove Cortana from my computer as it will never be used by me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-cortana-from-this-computer-as-it-will-never/94ae37e7-22bd-45fc-9c1c-6590b0913ebf"
  9. High performance: PC sleep - never

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    High performance: PC sleep - never: I am unable to get my display to turn off per the settings I have in Windows 10. Setting now are: High performance PC sleep - never Screen saver - 7 minutes Turn off display - 20 minutes Is there some factor that causes the display to stay on? 112464
  10. Hard drives never goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drives never goes to sleep: Bonjour, I am having an issue with a "fresh" Windows 10 installation. I emphasis "fresh" because it ain't so fresh anymore but has been reinstalled and the problem was not present on my last installation. I currently have 4 standard HDD (3x green, 1x black) and 1 SSD...