Windows 10: Cortana News Post Anniversary Update

Discus and support Cortana News Post Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys. Just wondering here if this is a known issue. Does Cortana not show news items anymore when you click on the Ask Me Anything tab? It did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AntJac, Aug 7, 2016.

1. AntJac Win User

Cortana News Post Anniversary Update

Hi guys. Just wondering here if this is a known issue.

Does Cortana not show news items anymore when you click on the Ask Me Anything tab? It did pre anniversary update but it does not now.

My region/location is all UK.

Many thanks

:)

AntJac, Aug 7, 2016
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Uninstalling Cortana

Hi Seb,

As of now, we do not have the option to uninstall Cortana on Windows 10 because it is a built-in application. For more information about Cortana, you may refer to the articles below:

Cortana is built into the Windows Anniversary Update

Cortana and privacy

Keep us posted.

Paola Gar, Aug 7, 2016
  3. gtalan Win User
    Windows10 Anniversary Update and Cortana

Is anyone having problems with the Anniversary Update ?

After I did the update I didn't see any difference and now Cortana is telling me I'm offline and will not work. I know it's really online.

I would like to know how to fix this problem and if Microsoft is putting up a 1st anniversary update with new features then I hope it works like it should.

FYI I'm in the USA and Cortana is set for the time date and English.

Cortana worked great before the update.

gtalan, Aug 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I get news items displayed below weather & tips & tricks. UK.

dalchina, Aug 7, 2016
  5. AntJac Win User
    Thanks for the reply. Solved the issue now. Even though my settings hadn't changed pre and post update i still had to save them again before the Live Tile and notifications sprung back into life.

Many thanks for the reply!

AntJac, Aug 8, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Great- upgrades & in-place upgrade repair installs do cause some user settings to be lost/restored to default, alas, needing users to both be aware and compensate.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana News Post Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Cortana News Post

2. News Article Posting Guidelines

in Windows 10 News
    News Article Posting Guidelines: Posting News Article Guidelines: 1) Click on the New Thread button to post a new news article. 2) The news article must be tech and/or Windows 10 related without any spam. 3) If the news article is from another website, then it cannot be copied completely here. That would...
  3. Post Anniversary Update: System Clock Font Black

in Windows 10 Customization
    Post Anniversary Update: System Clock Font Black: I've tried switching themes, changing colours etc. etc. no difference. What's with this latest "upgrade" that would alter only the colour of the system clock font? It's happened on both of my Windows 10 installations. I do have the Aerolite theme installed but no settings...
  4. Updates post Anniversary just keep running

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates post Anniversary just keep running: Since the Anniversary update, Windows has updated 3 times. Each time I have restarted my PC to install, it just runs and runs ie the little whirly circle on the screen and an occasional blip on the hard disk light. The first time I let it run for 3 hours as I saw this being...
  5. Cortana Problems with Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cortana Problems with Anniversary Update: After making the Anniversary Update I found that activation of the Cortana function on my lock screen did not occur per the change video and on my regular home page when I addressed Cortana with "Hey Cortana" the following quote came up on the Cortana screen "create a to-do...
  6. Cortana Listening Mode not working after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Listening Mode not working after Anniversary Update: So I recently got the anniversary update and notice that now Win-C no longer opens Cortana in listening mode. Does anyone else notice this? Is there a way to get it back? Thanks! 59489
  7. Additional post-Anniversary update kills Sticky Notes app

Additional post-Anniversary update kills Sticky Notes app: Just confirmed this behavior on a number of Windows 10 Pro x64 machines. Immediately after installation of Anniversary Update the Sticky Notes app works as intended. However, later the Store app will show that there's an update for Sticky Notes app. Downloading and...
  8. Cortana News Issue

Cortana News Issue: Hi guys. Desperately hoping someone can help me with a bit of an annoying problem. Basically Cortana Search is set up for me to show my news and weather. It shows the news and weather etc perfectly fine however for some reason now when I click on "Ask me anything" it will say...
  9. Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue: Immediately following the Anniversary Update, I have been experiencing issues with text highlighting. Left click text highlighting rarely 'sticks', or stays highlighted after releasing the left mouse button. Right click text highlighting doesn't highlight text at all....
  10. News Article Posting Guidelines

in Windows 10 News
    News Article Posting Guidelines: Posting News Article Guidelines: 1) Click on the New Thread button to post a new news article. 2) The news article must be tech and/or Windows 10 related without any spam. 3) If the news article is from another website, then it cannot be copied completely here. That...