Windows 10: Cortana no longer has a text box to type questions

Discus and support Cortana no longer has a text box to type questions in Cortana to solve the problem; Version 1903 build 18908.1000 There is no text box. When I am in a library or a hospital I cannot use Cortana because I cannot quietly type my... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Bruce Garrick, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Cortana no longer has a text box to type questions

Version 1903 build 18908.1000

There is no text box. When I am in a library or a hospital I cannot use Cortana because I cannot quietly type my questions. I often prefer to type rather than talk at my phone. How can I get Cortana to allow me to text my questions again?

:)

Bruce Garrick, Jun 21, 2019

2. Cortana search box - type request

Since I got a Win 10 update a few days ago, Cortana has been hard to deal with :>). She will take requests verbally but if it try to type something into her search box, as soon as I enter a letter, a white box appears as though some suggestions will be
    listed (as it did before the update) and then all of a sudden it disappears and I am back to the original Cortana window. Any ideas? I did set up other admin user and Cortana will allow that user to type into the box and she will immediately start a list
    of suggestions. Also I tried "method 1 and 2 that required changes to the registry.

Richardsymms, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Can't type in Cortana search box

Hi Brendon,

Is you keyboard working normally on other apps such as Notepad? If not, run the built in troubleshooter for your keyboard. Here are the steps:

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search box and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and run the Keyboard troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    In the mean time, we suggest that you refer to the link below for actions that you can perform to troubleshoot issues with the Start menu or Cortana:

Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Cortana no longer has a text box to type questions

When typing in the search box no text is spoken

Original Title: Window 10 & Cortana

1. As a blind user screen readers are my eyes and ears. When typing in the search box no text is spoken. Any suggestions?

2. Any suggestions on how to close Microsoft on Window 10?

Thank you.

MARVINCRAYTON, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Cortana no longer has a text box to type questions

1. Cortana no longer has a text box to type questions - Similar Threads - Cortana longer has

2. Cortana and 'search box' has not worked for months

in Cortana
    Cortana and 'search box' has not worked for months: Cortana and 'search box' has not worked for months and everything you are told to do DOES NOT WORK, getting any support from Microsoft doesn't EXSIST...
  3. Windows10 Start Up box has no text.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows10 Start Up box has no text.: Since the windows 10 was updated on Aug 20th on my computer, the start up box shows the icons as it should, but there is no text showing in the boxes. A bunch a little blank boxes where words like "shut down" should be. What is causing this?...
  4. "Search Box", Cortana, and Control Panel are No Longer Available

in Cortana
    "Search Box", Cortana, and Control Panel are No Longer Available: Both the "search box" and Cortana have disappeared from my Windows 10 Start Menu. Also, when I right click on the Windows 10 key on my keyboard, there is no "control panel" option in the list of options from which I am supposed to select. I don't know what happened but they...
  5. Cortana search box text can't be seen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana search box text can't be seen: Got a new Dell for the kids yesterday, during some unsupervised activity the kids got into all sorts of settings. Took me a while to reverse them and all was fine except one. If you type into the Cortana search box, the text can not be seen, white text on white background...
  6. When typing in the text box, the words get smaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When typing in the text box, the words get smaller: When trying to type in the text box over a picture, the first time it worked great. Then I tried to do it on the 4th picture, and the text got smaller when I'm using it on 72 size. No matter what font I use, it's still the same. When i tried making a new one with no picture,...
  7. typing text in search box refresh the page.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    typing text in search box refresh the page.: while typing any text in search box in chrome browser or you tube search it keeps on refreshing.sometimes it refresh in command prompt,notepad everywhere. recently update was kb4541335 and kb4551762.updated keyboard doesn't require update....
  8. Can't type in Search box; Cortana does not work

in Cortana
    Can't type in Search box; Cortana does not work: Can't type in Search box; Cortana does not work. Tried quite a number of "fixes" online; none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-in-search-box-cortana-does-not-work/640dcbf5-0982-440b-ad5d-a31b4295684e"
  9. Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903. [img] Information Searching in Cortana on your taskbar...
  10. Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10: How to: Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903. [img] Information Searching in Cortana...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chat with cortana by typing

2. cortana text only

3. type cortana commands instead of speaking

4. type to cortana 1903,
  5. Where is the Cortana text box,
  6. ask cortana by typing,
  7. cortana not installed or in start menu,
  8. windowsphoneinfo.com,
  9. cortana text,
  10. search box in cortana no longer there,
  11. cortana type commands,