Windows 10: Cortana no longer responds to "Hey Cortana"

Discus and support Cortana no longer responds to "Hey Cortana" in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana can hear me, but she's no longer activated by voice and is instead activated inside a chatbox window. Where can I activate "activate Cortana by... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MelansticJaguar, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Cortana no longer responds to "Hey Cortana"

Cortana can hear me, but she's no longer activated by voice and is instead activated inside a chatbox window. Where can I activate "activate Cortana by voice"?

:)

MelansticJaguar, Oct 15, 2020

2. Hey cortana is not Responding

Cortana does not respond to Hey Cortana till I click the mic icon

I had adjust my mic properly and I had set the level upto 100 percent but still she won't respond to the word Hey Cortana

any suggestion please ...

prajwaljha, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Cortana not responding after "Hey Cortana"

Hey guys, I have windows 10 pro 64bit and a couple days ago when I said hey cortana it opened up and I could say stuff like what time is it. Now (without changing anything) it responds to "Hey Cortana" but after that it just says "Listening..." until I close it. Same thing if I trigger it with the mouse. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

UltimaA380, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Cortana no longer responds to "Hey Cortana"

Hey Cortana doesn't respond

Hi Dvae,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Cortana fails to respond on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

It's possible that your microphone settings are incorrect. Let's try the following steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Check if you have enabled the "Hey Cortana" feature

1. Click on the Windows Search bar or Press Windows key.

2. Click on the Hamburger sign at the top left of the window and click on
    Settings.

3. Enable Let Cortana respond when you say 'Hey Cortana' option.

4. Now check if it works. (Tip: After you say "Hey Cortana", follow up with a question/service for Cortana to

respond).

Step 2:

If issue persists, follow the suggestion provided by Jason D on January 29,
    2015 from below link and check if it helps:

Having problems with “Hey Cortana” hearing me

Hope this helps you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Cortana no longer responds to "Hey Cortana"

1. Cortana no longer responds to "Hey Cortana" - Similar Threads - Cortana longer responds

2. Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen: Hi,For some reason, I cannot enable Cortana to respond to "Cortana" or "Hey Cortana" when I have my Windows 10 computers locked. I have tried this on three separate windows 10 computers running 21H2 one Windows 10 Home with 16GB/i7 and the other two Windows 10 Pro...one...
  3. Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen

in Cortana
    Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen: Hi,For some reason, I cannot enable Cortana to respond to "Cortana" or "Hey Cortana" when I have my Windows 10 computers locked. I have tried this on three separate windows 10 computers running 21H2 one Windows 10 Home with 16GB/i7 and the other two Windows 10 Pro...one...
  4. Cortana Will Not Respond to "Hey Cortana" or "Cortana" in Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to setup cortana respond to ok cortana instaed of hey cortana

in Cortana
    How to setup cortana respond to ok cortana instaed of hey cortana: I dont want to say hey cortana instaead i want instaead ok cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-cortana-respond-to-ok-cortana-instaed/eafedf6a-99ce-48a9-a249-f3639caf52aa
  6. hey cortana no longer works

in Cortana
    hey cortana no longer works: hey cortana has stopped working for a few weeks now. If I look in the settings it says "wake work invocation is currently unavailable and will be included in a future update" Even if I type anything to Cortana instead, all it does it search bing, nothing else works, no...
  7. Let Cortana respond to "Hey Cortana" doesn't work

in Cortana
    Let Cortana respond to "Hey Cortana" doesn't work: When I try turn on the option that lets Cortana respond to "Hey Cortana" , it turns off automatically. Why does this happen? Is it a bug in the configuration app?...
  8. let cortana respond to ''Hey Cortana''

in Cortana
    let cortana respond to ''Hey Cortana'': the button to this feature is locked how do I turn it on * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/let-cortana-respond-to-hey-cortana/55e73b68-a4f3-4840-914f-f150ffb8c28f"
  9. Cortana not responding after "Hey Cortana"

Cortana not responding after "Hey Cortana": Hey guys, I have windows 10 pro 64bit and a couple days ago when I said hey cortana it opened up and I could say stuff like what time is it. Now (without changing anything) it responds to "Hey Cortana" but after that it just says "Listening..." until I close it. Same thing if...
  10. Stop Cortana responding to "hey"?

Stop Cortana responding to "hey"?: When I play music, Cortana gets activated three or four times per hour by responding to what the algorithm interprets as "hey" (even if it's entirely instrumental music). I haven't yet seen a false activation interpretation of "hey Cortana". Is there any way to stop Cortana...