Windows 10: Cortana no longer sets reminders, does web search instead

Discus and support Cortana no longer sets reminders, does web search instead in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, Cortana has worked flawlessly for me for years. All of a sudden since yesterday I can no longer set reminders, instead they just go straight... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RW123YU, Oct 30, 2018.

1. RW123YU Win User

Cortana no longer sets reminders, does web search instead

Hello,

Cortana has worked flawlessly for me for years. All of a sudden since yesterday I can no longer set reminders, instead they just go straight to a web search. For example "remind me to do the shopping at 12" will just go straight to a web search instead of setting a reminder.

This happens in all situations:

- Using microphone input

- Typing into the input box

- Even explicitly clicking the "Set a reminder" button after typing, goes to a web search instead

This has started breaking on all my devices *including* an Android phone (all of them used to work fine). So it is something on the server end, not an issue specific to a device.

I have tried

- rebooting

- logging out and back in to Microsoft account

Thanks

:)

RW123YU, Oct 30, 2018
  2. RW123YU Win User

Hello,

Cortana has worked flawlessly for me for years. All of a sudden since yesterday I can no longer set reminders, instead they just go straight to a web search. For example "remind me to do the shopping at 12" will just go straight to a web search instead of
    setting a reminder.

This happens in all situations:

- Using microphone input

- Typing into the input box

- Even explicitly clicking the "Set a reminder" button after typing, goes to a web search instead

This has started breaking on all my devices *including* an Android phone (all of them used to work fine). So it is something on the server end, not an issue specific to a device.

I have tried

- rebooting

- logging out and back in to Microsoft account

Thanks

RW123YU, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Cortana opens web instead of setting reminders or alarms

Hi-

I have date, time, region set correctly. Cortana searches the web instead of setting alarms or reminders.

Thanks.

HooeyGooWU, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Cortana no longer sets reminders, does web search instead

Cortana opens web instead of setting reminders or alarms

Hi-

I used to be able to set alarms and reminders via Cortana by saying "Remind me to..." etc., but now whenever I try to do this, Cortana opens a web page instead.

I have a Lumia 640 with OS build 10.0.14393.576/

I've tried restarting my phone. Please help!

Thanks.

HooeyGooWU, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana no longer sets reminders, does web search instead - Similar Threads - Cortana longer sets

2. CORTANA CAN'T OPEN APPS WITH COMMANDS, IT SEARCHES THE WEB INSTEAD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CORTANA CAN'T OPEN APPS WITH COMMANDS, IT SEARCHES THE WEB INSTEAD: My pc is up to date and I have installed everything, but my pc's Cortana doesn't seem to work with opening of apps. I use a windows 11 machine....
  3. CORTANA CAN'T OPEN APPS WITH COMMANDS, IT SEARCHES THE WEB INSTEAD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CORTANA CAN'T OPEN APPS WITH COMMANDS, IT SEARCHES THE WEB INSTEAD: My pc is up to date and I have installed everything, but my pc's Cortana doesn't seem to work with opening of apps. I use a windows 11 machine....
  4. Cortana cannot set reminders

in Cortana
    Cortana cannot set reminders: I tried asking cortana to set reminders but Cortana says I'm sorry but I can't help with that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-cannot-set-reminders/7456c9e7-f99f-4ef3-beec-8064d3ce91ac
  5. Cortana No Longer Searches Internet Web

in Cortana
    Cortana No Longer Searches Internet Web: I have good internet connection with all apps i.e. Edge, Firefox, Outlook 2016, ... except Cortana. Cortana only searches my PC, not the internet. I'm using Edge 84.0.522.40. Four days ago Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems was updated KB4560960 & KB4497165...
  6. problems with cortana setting reminder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems with cortana setting reminder: hello everyone, this is my first question in this forum, I hope to be able to solve my problem. Pretty much since about September 2019 cortana stopped working when I try to set a reminder. The error returned sound like " I'm sorry, an error has occurred, try again in a...
  7. Cortana web search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana web search: Is there any way I can change Cortana settings so when I search for something it brings up a new tab in Google Chrome, not Microsoft Edge with bing. My default search engine is Google Chrome but it still opens up a new tab in Microsoft Edge. submitted by /u/DATBOI___...
  8. Cortana not searching the web

in Cortana
    Cortana not searching the web: Cortana searches files instead of searching the web. E.x searching up 12431x3 it will show files named '12431x3' if it doesn't find files it will show "no result" . It used to search the web and bring up a calculator instead of searching files....
  9. Cortana On Windows 10 Phone No Longer Sets Reminders By Voice

in Cortana
    Cortana On Windows 10 Phone No Longer Sets Reminders By Voice: I am on a Windows 10 Phone. I noticed today (11/18/2019) I can no longer set reminders in Cortana using a voice command. For example: "Remind me to call Barb tomorrow at 9:00 AM", when spoken opens a Bing search for Windows reminders, rather than scheduling my reminder....
  10. Settings to disable Cortana and web searches NOT WORKING

in Cortana
    Settings to disable Cortana and web searches NOT WORKING: [ATTACH] What the **** Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-to-disable-cortana-and-web-searches-not/c2e5c64c-3ff2-4b95-9984-289fbafbf3ba"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana cant set alarm windows 1

2. Cortana cant set reminders

3. Cortana searches on web instead of reminder

4. cortana can no longer set alarms,
  5. cortana no longer set an alarm on Windows Phone,
  6. windows 10 search no longer handles reminders,
  7. cortana remind me to no longer working,
  8. cortana can no longer make reminders,
  9. cortana no longer has reminders