Windows 10: Cortana no longer unlocks doors

Discus and support Cortana no longer unlocks doors in Cortana to solve the problem; I have a Kwikset deadbolt that I was able to lock and unlock with Cortana and my Wink2 hub. If I saw some I know approaching my front door, I could say... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AlpineMarc, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Cortana no longer unlocks doors

I have a Kwikset deadbolt that I was able to lock and unlock with Cortana and my Wink2 hub. If I saw some I know approaching my front door, I could say “Cortana, unlock the front door”. Now she says “ It looks like you are trying to use a smart home device”. The lock still works with the Wink app on iOS.

:)

AlpineMarc, Aug 25, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Cortana no longer unlocks doors

Calorimetric doors

I suggest as a new product Microsoft: calorimetric doors to hospitals and for security services.

EvertonSantos3, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Cortana no longer unlocks doors

1. Cortana no longer unlocks doors - Similar Threads - Cortana longer unlocks

2. Copied “Must Unlock Door Open door room 4 boy academic city school”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copied “Must Unlock Door Open door room 4 boy academic city school”: Lsodeopspepd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copied-must-unlock-door-open-door-room-4-boy/48d84b2f-3a33-4eba-9acb-3d9c4e3d8a52
  3. Copied “Must Unlock Door Open door room 4 boy academic city school”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copied “Must Unlock Door Open door room 4 boy academic city school”: Lsodeopspepd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copied-must-unlock-door-open-door-room-4-boy/48d84b2f-3a33-4eba-9acb-3d9c4e3d8a52
  4. Robotics Unlocked Kids Bedroom Doors 8445 Al Rabat Riyadh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robotics Unlocked Kids Bedroom Doors 8445 Al Rabat Riyadh: Omnya Bafarat Robotics Steals Bader Batarfi's Huawei MatePad T10s Sep 2021 Update and Unlock the Kids Bedroom Doors and Dropping Tablets and Close the Door and Lock Kids Bedroom Doors...
  5. Naif Batarfi's New Lights Truck 2022 Fronts Seat Lock Doors Error Unlock Car Doors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Naif Batarfi's New Lights Truck 2022 Fronts Seat Lock Doors Error Unlock Car Doors: Naif Batarfi's New Lights Truck 2022 in Front Seats Doors Locked and Rear Seats Doors Locked Error Unlock Car Doors Warning Message Lane Assist System...
  6. Naif Batarfi's New Lights Truck 2022 Fronts Seat Lock Doors Error Unlock Car Doors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Naif Batarfi's New Lights Truck 2022 Fronts Seat Lock Doors Error Unlock Car Doors: Naif Batarfi's New Lights Truck 2022 in Front Seats Doors Locked and Rear Seats Doors Locked Error Unlock Car Doors Warning Message Lane Assist System...
  7. Naif Batarfi's New Lights Truck 2022 Fronts Seat Lock Doors Error Unlock Car Doors

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Cortana no longer responds to "Hey Cortana"

in Cortana
    Cortana no longer responds to "Hey Cortana": Cortana can hear me, but she's no longer activated by voice and is instead activated inside a chatbox window. Where can I activate "activate Cortana by voice"?...
  9. Cortana no longer sleeps

in Cortana
    Cortana no longer sleeps: Hi Being handicapped I find using Cortana to shutdown/restart/sleep and it seems any other search very useful. Cortana has been working well for over a month now but all of a sudden it doesn't do what I ask but it just things for a while and then stops After even a simple...
  10. Cortana no longer working

in Cortana
    Cortana no longer working: I'm using the Harmon Kardon Invoke and for the last 2 weeks whenever I tell Cortana to "stop" it'll give me the response "Sorry. Something went wrong. Please try again later." I've hard reset the device a few times and nothing seems to work. I can't even tell her to stop a...