Windows 10: Cortana no sound

Discus and support Cortana no sound in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I recently installed windows 10 but cortana has no sound but she works normally and chats(although i can hear videos,games etc.) I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kokicakokos, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Cortana no sound

Hello,
    I recently installed windows 10 but cortana has no sound but she works normally and chats(although i can hear videos,games etc.)
    I am not from US but i set language and location to US. Did i miss something and could someone tell me all i need to do to make it work?

P.S. sry for my english

:)

kokicakokos, Aug 2, 2015
  2. MeScorp Win User

Cortana No Sound, No Audio, No Speech

I tried everything on the web and the only thing that made it work for me was when I updated the sound drive on my computer and now I can Cortana responds loud and clear.

MeScorp, Aug 2, 2015
  3. STecs2020 Win User
    Cortana No Sound, No Audio, No Speech

Problem: I am able to hear all other sounds on my audio devices from music, videos, and windows, except Cortana. Cortana is working fine, it answers my questions by written response, except there is no audio.

My setup:

• Computer: Dell 780 Optiplex
    • OS: Windows 10 64 bit (Upgraded from Windows 7, keeping apps and setting)
    • Audio Output: 1) AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Device) connected to TV with HDMI
    • Audio Output: 2) SoundMax Integrated Digital High Definition Audio connected with headphones
    Volume Mixer and Playback do not show any green audio level when Cortana is responding.

Things I have tried that did not work:

• Changing default audio device / switching between audio devices
    • Restarting the computer / logging in and out
    • Uninstalling all related drivers/software then Updating software/drivers
    • Individually disabling audio devices from Playback, then from Task Manager
    • Deleting all Task Manager entries under Sound including all hidden ones, and the restarting windows and letting it install generic drivers also did not work.
    • My default Language and Speech are set to English (US), Country is USA, Text to Speech is Microsoft Zira Mobile.
    • Optional Features has the following (English us text to speech, typing, speech recognition, optical character recognition, handwriting)
    • I have also tried adding to regedit - HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced -Name "EnableXamlStartMenu" both value 0 and then 1
    • Windows Cumulative Update (KB3081424) did not resolve this problem.
    I am also having a similar problem with another computer Dell Gx280 upgraded from Windows 7 (not keeping any app or settings).

Does any one know how to fix this problem?

STecs2020, Aug 2, 2015
  4. CanAm Win User

Cortana no sound

I have the same problem. Can anyone out there help us?

CanAm, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Cortana no sound

1. Cortana no sound - Similar Threads - Cortana sound

2. Cortana keeps showing my account is suspended yet I can log into Microsoft?

in Cortana
    Cortana keeps showing my account is suspended yet I can log into Microsoft?: I am completely a fish out of water setting up the new HP Notebook I just purchased. Took me 3 days just to try and connect to my Wifi if that's any indication of my lack of tech knowledge. Struggling thru setting up Windows 10 but its a work in progress. When I bring up...
  3. Cortana Missing from PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana Missing from PC: Hello! I was looking to set up Cortana and use voice commands on my PC, but I can't find it anywhere. It's not hidden in the taskbar or anything like that. When I look under all apps, it's not even under there. In the Cs I have Calculator and Connect, but no Cortana. I ran a...
  4. Windows 10 - Can't access my start menu, cortana, search bar and even sounds

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - Can't access my start menu, cortana, search bar and even sounds: Hello I just want to ask how to fix this problem that I have for like 3 days from now. I tried to search fix for this issue but none of the solution works for me. I can't access anything to my taskbar and I don't even have sounds anymore....
  5. No sound in Cortana

in Cortana
    No sound in Cortana: I removed the sound after increasing the volume that occurs on the volume bar. Is it the reason of this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-in-cortana/121304fb-fdf7-4c59-8593-4cd2a20cd10e"
  6. Cortana sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cortana sound: I have a problem with Cortana. There is no Mic icon in the search bar. There is a mic on the system. It is listed in Device Manager. It is a Logitec Mic and it works. There is also a Windows mic in Device Driver and that is reported as set up correctly. Any help would be...
  7. No sounds from Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sounds from Cortana: Hi folk. For my first post I thought Id pose a question relating to my lack of sound from Cortana. I am not sure why but I get no sound when I am setting it up. during setup you are asked what Cortana is to call you. After putting in my name there is then a button to click to...
  8. When Enabling Cortana the Microphone Sound Level Resets to 62

When Enabling Cortana the Microphone Sound Level Resets to 62: Whenever I activate Cortana either by clicking the little microphone icon near Ask me anything bar or by WinKey + C, the sound level of my microphone changes to 62, so I several times went to Recording Devices -> Right click on Microphone -> Properties -> Levels tab and...
  9. Cortana "No Sound"

Cortana "No Sound": Cortana seems to be silent all of a sudden. I tried fixing the problem in Settings Sound, but still nothing. Do I have to speak to her before she will respond with sound? 87519
  10. Sound, Start Menu and Cortana stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound, Start Menu and Cortana stopped working: Now, for some odd reason, on my computer, the sound, start menu and cortana stopped working and I can't even get past the sign in menu without it telling me to sign out so they can "fix" this problem which I've done 3 times now so I have no clue if I screwed up this computer...