Windows 10: Cortana not allowing Gmail to be synced

Discus and support Cortana not allowing Gmail to be synced in Cortana to solve the problem; When trying to sync my gmail calender with cortana it takes me through all the verification steps which work, then on the very last screen inside the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Mary LindbergL, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Cortana not allowing Gmail to be synced

When trying to sync my gmail calender with cortana it takes me through all the verification steps which work, then on the very last screen inside the cortana box where is asks to "allow" or "cancel" clicking allow doesn't work. It just states the same issue.

My computer is fully up to date, my calender/email are signed in and working, all permisions are on, my gmail is set to allow third-party apps, everything is done that can be. Is there any solutions out yet?

:)

Mary LindbergL, Jul 2, 2020

2. error code 0x80072726 syncing gmail

Hi Ishnar,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Does this issue persists only with the Gmail account?
    • Did you check if the issue persists by accessing your account through Outlook.com website?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    If the issue still persists then try accessing your account through Outlook.com website to isolate the problem.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Del 80 Win User
    GMAIL Won't Sync.

If you go into your Google settings, there is an option to "allow less secure apps".......turn it on........I don't know the implications of doing this, but it is the only way that I can get Gmail to sync. to W10.........Del.

Del 80, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Cortana not allowing Gmail to be synced

Sync Contacts

The way I have my android phone contacts currently set up, it becomes an unmanageable mess. If I allow my phone contacts to sync with Gmail, I can end up with duplicates (quadruplicates, actually) of the same contacts, multiple phone numbers on the same line, phone numbers and notes/addresses on the same line, etc. I'm sure there a those of you out there that can relate to this.

It renders the phone list practically useless, particularly to voice calling, etc.

I don't want email address contacts in my phone list. Can I isolate a phone contact list group in Gmail, and only have that list sync with my android phone contacts?

The reason is twofold. On my computer I also maintain the "local" Contacts folder (not the "People" list) as a mirror image of my phone contacts. In order to keep the phone list and computer lists in sync, I can export the computer contacts to a .vcf file, and easily and quickly directly import the list into my phone contacts.

The obstacle with this method is that going in the other direction (phone to computer) is too inconvenient to consider if you have 400+ contacts. If I export from my phone .vcf file to the computer, when I try to import it to my computer list, It becomes a folder with individual contacts, only allowing me import "one" contact at a time.

kitpzyxmsir, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Cortana not allowing Gmail to be synced

1. Cortana not allowing Gmail to be synced - Similar Threads - Cortana allowing Gmail

2. Gmail calendar not syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail calendar not syncing: My work uses gmail, and i figured out I could add my gmail account to outlook and the mail app.I did both - added to both mail and outlook appOn the mail app, i see all entire calendar as it's reflected in gmail.However, on the outlook app, not all meetings are synced, and a...
  3. Gmail calendar not syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gmail calendar not syncing: My work uses gmail, and i figured out I could add my gmail account to outlook and the mail app.I did both - added to both mail and outlook appOn the mail app, i see all entire calendar as it's reflected in gmail.However, on the outlook app, not all meetings are synced, and a...
  4. Sync Microsoft and Gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Microsoft and Gmail: How so I sync my microsoft to my gmail account/ [Original Title: Sync] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-microsoft-and-gmail/765ae2b8-db7e-4391-baa9-b725239cb825
  5. Gmail sync

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Gmail sync: My updates installed last night and now Gmail won't sync. Checked the sync settings and they are all on. Surface and Iphone are receiving email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-sync/397fee16-ba02-48cc-8fa1-8466bb8d5f5f
  6. Linking Gmail to Cortana

in Cortana
    Linking Gmail to Cortana: I had wanted to link my Gmail to Cortana. At first it made me sign in and other formalities and after everything it showed a dialog showing the terms and conditions. After I clicked agree it was thinking and then continued to show me the same dialog. Somehow, I could scroll....
  7. Cortana and Gmail

in Cortana
    Cortana and Gmail: I can not sync Cortana with Gmail. When I hit the button to allow "Microsoft apps and Services to access my google Account" It asks me to agree to sharing my information. the agree button does not work. It's a faint blue . What I call greyed out. Will not click....
  8. Can't connect Gmail to Cortana

in Cortana
    Can't connect Gmail to Cortana: Hello, I am unable to connect Cortana to my gmail account. I know how to do it, but when I get to the last step, "accept," nothing happens - it won't allow me to accept. Help is appreciated. Moved from: Unknown/other / Windows 10 / Office 2016...
  9. Syncing Gmail to Incredimail

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Gmail to Incredimail: I have used Incredimail for many years using another provider. However, when I recently bundled with another provider I lost that privilege. I am having difficulty setting it up because I cannot find the correct input/output servers and ports. Nothing seems to work. Any...
  10. GMAIL Won't Sync.

in Browsers and Email
    GMAIL Won't Sync.: O.k.......I have asked this question before, but can't find the answer.........how do I make my Gmail sync with w10 ?.........it's driving me mad !! 103367