Windows 10: Cortana Not Appearing

Discus and support Cortana Not Appearing in Cortana to solve the problem; I recently got a Surface Laptop/Tablet for college. I'm trying to set-up Cortana but I don't see the little house nor notebook anywhere. Cortana will... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AnzuNakadai, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Cortana Not Appearing

I recently got a Surface Laptop/Tablet for college. I'm trying to set-up Cortana but I don't see the little house nor notebook anywhere. Cortana will activate through the virtual agent, but I can't seem to find or open Cortana myself. I'm not sure what else to do here.

:)

AnzuNakadai, Aug 31, 2019

2. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Cortana Note Book Icon Not Appearing

Hi Adnan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

1. Are you unable to turn on cortana?

2. From when is the issue persisting?

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled
    Cortana. To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Amarjeet_Paul, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Not Appearing

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Cortana Not Appearing

1. Cortana Not Appearing - Similar Threads - Cortana Appearing

2. Today a 3x2 inch ask Cortana button appeared in my lower left desktop page . How do I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Today a 3x2 inch ask Cortana button appeared in my lower left desktop page . How do I...: How do I eliminate a 3x2 inch ask cortana button that came up on my home page? thanks. * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/today-a-3x2-inch-ask-cortana-button-appeared-in-my/c7a4ffa8-43bb-47c8-a874-69f17252e708
  3. there is bing logo appearing instead of cortana at the bottom search panel , this is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there is bing logo appearing instead of cortana at the bottom search panel , this is...: recently there was a "join the waitlist" option shown on the New bing which was for the upcoming AI chatbot , so it required installing a Microsoft defaults which meant i have to make microsoft bing default for search and more , As soon as i did it , the cortana icon...
  4. there is bing logo appearing instead of cortana at the bottom search panel , this is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there is bing logo appearing instead of cortana at the bottom search panel , this is...: recently there was a "join the waitlist" option shown on the New bing which was for the upcoming AI chatbot , so it required installing a Microsoft defaults which meant i have to make microsoft bing default for search and more , As soon as i did it , the cortana icon...
  5. there is bing logo appearing instead of cortana at the bottom search panel , this is...

in Cortana
  6. English US keyboard keep appearing when it is not one of the preferences and Cortana voice...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    English US keyboard keep appearing when it is not one of the preferences and Cortana voice...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/2-keyboard-layouts-keep-appearing-even-they-arent/de256e6e-a68b-4451-90b6-ada43a64b4dc?tm=1615834092403&rtAction=1615856341671I still have the same problem but the English UK is gone now but the...
  7. English US keyboard keep appearing and Cortana voice command doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    English US keyboard keep appearing and Cortana voice command doesn't work: From my last question posted on the forum,https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/2-keyboard-layouts-keep-appearing-even-they-arent/de256e6e-a68b-4451-90b6-ada43a64b4dc?tm=1615834092403&rtAction=1615856341671I still have the same problem...
  8. Cortana randomly appearing

in Cortana
    Cortana randomly appearing: Hi all! So my problem is, that since yestarday 2020.12.27. whenever I use alt+tab or start+tab to change between windows a Cortana window is shown, when I click on it it just says that it's not available in my region which is fine, I don't want to use it anyways. So I just...
  9. my miscrosoft button and cortana and start suppost to be down but somehow the appeared on...

in Cortana
    my miscrosoft button and cortana and start suppost to be down but somehow the appeared on...: my miscrosoft button and cortana and start button should be down but they are on my right please tell me how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-miscrosoft-button-and-cortana-and-start-suppost/91e49310-a48a-4b09-b109-e966c69fa73e
  10. Cortana suddenly appeared since Windows 2004 update, how to disable it?

in Cortana
    Cortana suddenly appeared since Windows 2004 update, how to disable it?: Morning tsm. Yesterday I downloaded the latest Windows Update (2004). And now there is Cortana in addition to the normal search bar "Search the Web". First I took away her permissions. Do you know how to disable/uninstall Cortana so that I only have the search bar as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no notebook icon no search window no cortana at all

2. windows 10 cortana not appearing in search