Windows 10: Cortana not connecting to the Internet on Windows 10

Discus and support Cortana not connecting to the Internet on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Cortana is one of the most sophisticated of AI assistants in the market. However you may at times face issues with Cortana, one of which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 8, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Cortana not connecting to the Internet on Windows 10

WinClub, Dec 8, 2018

2. Cortana not connecting to internet

Hi Kshitij_Pal,

Damaged components within the application and network specific issues are some of the possible causes why issues with connecting Cortana to the Internet occurs. To provide an effective solution, I would need to know which build and edition of Windows 10
    is installed on your PC.

In the meantime, I suggest running the automated troubleshooter for Windows 10 apps. This tool can scan and repair damaged Windows 10 application components. Visit this
    link and then click on Run troubleshooter to successfully run the tool.

You can also follow the suggested troubleshooting steps in this link.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Cortana not connecting to the Internet on Windows 10

Cortana cannot connect to the internet.

Hi,

I realize that Cortana cannot connect to the Internet on your Windows 10 phone. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the phone prior to this issue?

• Have you installed pending updates on the phone?

You may turn off Cortana, restart the phone and then turn on Cortana to check if that helps.

Refer to the steps under the section “Solutions to Cortana issues” from this article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/11694/windows-phone-cortana-on-your-windows-phone

Further, you may also reset the Wi-Fi router to check if that helps you in this issue.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Cortana not connecting to the Internet on Windows 10

1. Cortana not connecting to the Internet on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cortana connecting Internet

2. Cortana disabled, but cortana processes still wants to connect to internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana disabled, but cortana processes still wants to connect to internet.: Hi, I have disabled all cortana features in settings and O&O shutup 10, but the cortana processes is still establishing connections.How do I proceed to fully uninstall it?If I need an assistant, I will hire one....
  3. INTERNET CONNECTIONS-WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    INTERNET CONNECTIONS-WINDOWS 10: I have an HP All-in-One 24-e0XX computer, which came with the Windows 10 operating system already installed. Suddenly, I have no WIFI connection. When I pull up settings for Network & Internet, the only options showing are: Ethernet, Dial Up and VPN. When I click on Show...
  4. cortana can't connect to the internet

in Cortana
    cortana can't connect to the internet: Hi, My Cortana can't connect to the internet, it says "I can't connect at the moment , try again in a little bit" My WiFi connection works just fine, my laptop is up to date, my search bar works too, and I tried using a local account, but still don't work. this is...
  5. Cortana won't connect to internet because of my account

in Cortana
    Cortana won't connect to internet because of my account: I did change my region to US in order to use Cortana but it always says "Sorry, the internet and I aren't talking right now" but when I sign in a different account Cortana did work....
  6. Cortana can't connect to the internet

in Cortana
    Cortana can't connect to the internet: if i try to talk to Cortana, it says that it can't connect to the internet...I think the problem occurred because i tried to change Cortana's speech recognition language but now i don't know how to fix that...I've tried reinstalling the English(US) Speech Recognition pack...
  7. Internet Connection On Windows 10

Internet Connection On Windows 10: So I have this laptop and everytime I try to connect to my home wi-fi it says it has no connection or it will connect but only have one bar. I know 100% it has nothing to do with the router because my ps4 and iphone work on the internet perfectly. I just don’t understand why...
  8. Cortana will not connect to the internet.

Cortana will not connect to the internet.: I use Cortana to go to places on the internet and It will not connect to it by voice commands. I can type in what I want and it goes to it. Can anyone tell me why Cortana will not connect to the internet. My default Browser is Google Chrome. Any help would be appreciated....
  9. Windows 10 - No internet connection

Windows 10 - No internet connection: Hello, i have suddenly noticed a problem with internet connection. I cannot download any apps from Microsoft store (with unknown error message). Strange is that each other software (cloud clients, browser, ....) works perfectly. I have already searched for solution on...
  10. Home button, cortana, connecting to internet not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Home button, cortana, connecting to internet not working: Soon after downloading Windows 10, problems started emerging. Nothing happens when I click on the the icons for home, cortana, connecting to the internet, or power. It is impossible to establish an internet connection, the troubleshooter "couldn't identify the problem". The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant cortana connect to internet

2. why my cotana dont work windows phone

3. why cant cortana connect to the internet

4. cortana not connecting on windows phone