Windows 10: Cortana not istening to microphone.

Discus and support Cortana not istening to microphone. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Tried to set up Cortana to recognize my voice but it keeps on saying that Computer is not listening. [img] Microphone (Analog, connected to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CountMike, Sep 21, 2016.

1. CountMike New Member

Cortana not istening to microphone.

Tried to set up Cortana to recognize my voice but it keeps on saying that Computer is not listening.

Cortana not istening to microphone. [​IMG]

Microphone (Analog, connected to the back) works of course, applications like Skype hear it just fine, boost is on to maximum and it shows volume in Cortana tests.
    Please disregard second picture.

:)

CountMike, Sep 21, 2016

2. Recommended Microphones that work well with Cortana

I understand using Hey Cortana works only as great as the microphone you are using. Microsoft is recommending a "good" microphone.

Can anyone recommend some good quality desktop microphones that are working well with Cortana

and the "hey Cortana" feature?

Thank you

ScottL1973, Sep 21, 2016
  3. Shoejunk Win User
    "Hey Cortana" is turned off while you're using a bluetooth microphone

When you go into Cortana's settings with a Bluetooth microphone, it says '"Hey Cortana" is turned off while you're using a Bluetooth microphone'. This is true for all Bluetooth microphones. To reproduce the issue, just connect one and go to Cortana's settings
    to see the issue. Yes, you can use Cortana by pressing the button, but the issue is that it will not respond to "Hey Cortana". The question is, is there somehow a way to get around this to allow Windows to respond to "Hey Cortana" when using a Bluetooth microphone?

Shoejunk, Sep 21, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, presumably before that screen the green bar is moving reflecting the sound being picked up...
    =
    Amusingly - worryingly? - when it came to reading the Peter talks to his computer.... text, this time I happened to say
    'Gobbledygook, Gobbledygook, Gobbledygook'.
    Result?

Cortana not istening to microphone. [​IMG]

Thought I'd throw that in for light relief while you wait for a real answer..

Meanwhile have you tried this:
    In recording devices ---> properties ---> enhancements, check the box that says disable all sound effects.
    Cortana may then start hearing you.

or seen
    windows 10 - Cortana cannot hear me - But my microphone works fine everywhere else - Super User

dalchina, Sep 21, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    Heavy British accent maybe ? Live in Peckham ? Loved how Del-boy talked.

CountMike, Sep 21, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Real suggestions in amended post above.

My British accent is RP- my Chinese dean really approved. I'd have hoped for some speech recognition in the setup. And everything is set for the UK.

(MS's lack of thought for exceptions is also shown if I say
    'Hey Cortana play some music'
    It then gives me an error message after opening Groove... I don't use Groove, so no music configured)

dalchina, Sep 21, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    OK, just tried only thing I didn't try from all those remedies, the "Give exclusive rights to device" but still same thing.

CountMike, Sep 21, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Is it the same if you log in as a different user? (You know the routine...*chuckle - have you tried it?)
    - and did you actually try a different microphone-- weird I know, but one suggestion in the above was that...

dalchina, Sep 21, 2016
  9. CountMike New Member
    No, didn't try that, I don't have any other users but this, regular Admin account.

CountMike, Sep 21, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Ok, create one for test purposes.
    - and did you actually try a different microphone-- weird I know, but one suggestion in the above was that...

dalchina, Sep 21, 2016
  11. CountMike New Member
    No, didn't try another mic, don't know why would that be a problem, I'll try to find another one although this one is very sensitive, in Skype I have to keep it on low side.

CountMike, Sep 21, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 21, 2016
  13. CountMike New Member

Yes, works there too. I think I got stuck with a deaf Cortana. I thought I was the only one here.

CountMike, Sep 21, 2016
  14. dalchina New Member
    Hi.. do you mean Cortana responds in the new account?

(Probably a plugin called 'Earplugs' *Biggrin)

dalchina, Sep 21, 2016
  15. CountMike New Member
    Nope, just made another administrator acc. and same thing. Hunting another mic but doubt outcome. Only maybe with a USB mic but don't have any of those. Oh, just remembered, have a Skype phone on USB somewhere.
    EDIT:
    Tried Skype phone, USB, works lousy mic but works in Skype and everywhere else but Cortana listens to me as much as my GF does.
    Wander if I should set up voice recognition first.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana not istening to microphone. - Similar Threads - Cortana istening microphone

2. None of my microphones is compatible with Cortana

in Cortana
    None of my microphones is compatible with Cortana: I have a PC I built, and none of my microphones are working with Cortana. I have a headset with a mic, the webcam has a mic, and even a separate microphone. How come none of them shows up when I try to activate Cortana? Please help....
  3. None of my microphones is compatible with Cortana

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of my microphones is compatible with Cortana: I have a PC I built, and none of my microphones are working with Cortana. I have a headset with a mic, the webcam has a mic, and even a separate microphone. How come none of them shows up when I try to activate Cortana? Please help....
  4. None of my microphones is compatible with Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphone not working in ask Cortana

in Cortana
    Microphone not working in ask Cortana: Microphone not working in ask Cortana tried all settings to no avail happened since windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working-in-ask-cortana/f05ef0d6-82df-4a25-9e3d-d116b312613c
  6. Microphone not working, only works with cortana

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone not working, only works with cortana: For some stupid reason my microphone is being detected, works perfectly fine, but literally every application other than cortana does not work. Before you ask, yes I have enabled apps to use my microphone. Windows has detected no issues with it, and it says everything is...
  7. Cortana, Bluetooth and Microphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana, Bluetooth and Microphones: Recently, I built a new rig and I want to give Cortana another try (last time was when it was still newly released for Canada). Windows 10 doesn't let Cortana work with Bluetooth microphones, such as the one in my Sennheiser Momentum M2 wireless noise cancelling headphones....
  8. Cortana microphone

in Cortana
    Cortana microphone: I cannot cortana to work on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-microphone/0d95770a-5255-4c8d-aab7-fd31d3ecb27a
  9. Cortana and Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cortana and Microphone: Cortana can't hear me. My laptop microphone worked to talk to Cortana now I get the message no microphone Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-microphone/da94e8e8-8f14-4391-bbc6-64ca90133c5f
  10. Microphone Requirements For Cortana

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Requirements For Cortana: I have Cortana set up and working pretty nicely with this microphone. http://www.amazon.com/Kinobo-Microph...8980144&sr=1-1 On initial setup I did get the "might not work so good with this microphone" (paraphrasing) dialog. To my Star Trek delight it responds to...