Windows 10: Cortana not opening apps

Discus and support Cortana not opening apps in Cortana to solve the problem; I can't open apps like chrome or anything using cortana ,it says ' I'm sorry, but I can't help with that... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JUBAL ROY, Jan 7, 2022.

1. JUBAL ROY Win User

Cortana not opening apps

I can't open apps like chrome or anything using cortana ,it says ' I'm sorry, but I can't help with that

:)

JUBAL ROY, Jan 7, 2022

2. Cortana will not sync with my andoid device cortana app and the windows 10 pc embedded app!

Hello Devin,

There are several workarounds that we can perform for us to troubleshoot the problem with your
    Cortana on your Android device. In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• On your Android device, open Settings.
    • Go to Application Manager.
    • Select the Cortana app.
    • Tap on Clear Cache.
    • Reset your device.

Let us know if the these steps resolve the issue.

Lawrence Lib, Jan 7, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cortana not opening apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 7, 2022
  4. Cortana not opening apps

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 7, 2022
Thema:

Cortana not opening apps

1. Cortana not opening apps - Similar Threads - Cortana opening apps

2. Cortana not opening apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana not opening apps: I can't open apps like chrome or anything using cortana ,it says ' I'm sorry, but I can't help with that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-opening-apps/6d34046b-8832-45a4-84ba-24774b350b37
  3. Cortana not opening apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not opening apps: I can't open apps like chrome or anything using cortana ,it says ' I'm sorry, but I can't help with that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-opening-apps/6d34046b-8832-45a4-84ba-24774b350b37
  4. Cortana is not opening apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana is not opening apps: Cortana in my new laptop with windows 11 OS is not opening any apps. Cortana is providing internet search results though. can someone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-opening-apps/4073f16f-9cc0-438b-9ddd-744833ecef0e
  5. Cortana is not opening apps

Cortana is not opening apps: Cortana in my new laptop with windows 11 OS is not opening any apps. Cortana is providing internet search results though. can someone please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-opening-apps/4073f16f-9cc0-438b-9ddd-744833ecef0e
  6. Cortana is not opening apps

in Cortana
    Cortana is not opening apps: Cortana on my pc is not working well, when I ask her to open any app, for suppose power point, it replies 'sorry, I am not equipped to do that'. It plays songs, speaks with me and does things, but it does not open apps. I checked my language settings, reset my pc and also...
  7. cortana not opening apps

in Cortana
    cortana not opening apps: I am not able to open apps using cortana. It is showing - "sorry, I am not equipped to do that" . May be some settings error, but till now I am not able to find any source to rectify this problem. No clarity is there ,,,how to solve this problem....
  8. Cortana is not opening Apps

Cortana is not opening Apps: Please Resolve This PRoblem [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-opening-apps/4efbaf7d-c7aa-4ce0-aec2-fce7a4a69f55
  9. cortana opening apps

in Cortana
    cortana opening apps: When I ask cortana to open up Netflix or spotify, or any app, it says: okay, opening 'that app' but next she doesn't open that app but opens settings for me: Language & time. All my language options are for united states, but only my time is from the time zone of paris. I...
  10. Cortana opening apps

Cortana opening apps: Just installed my microphone and tried hey coratana and i am less than impressed, I thought cortana could open all modern apps, but for most all i get when isay hey cortana open news or sports and most others is a web search. Is this correct? also how do i get coratana to...