Windows 10: Cortana not responding to voice commands.

Discus and support Cortana not responding to voice commands. in Cortana to solve the problem; Every time I need to talk to cortana, I am required to hit the mic button so that cortana can start listening to me. I even tried going to settings and... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Allen Kiruba, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Cortana not responding to voice commands.

Every time I need to talk to cortana, I am required to hit the mic button so that cortana can start listening to me. I even tried going to settings and turned on the "Hey cortana" option on. Still I have to press the mic button every time. The voice command "Hey cortana" is not working out. Can you suggest me how to proceed??? Is there anything I've missed???

:)

Allen Kiruba, Sep 28, 2020
  2. Keith...1 Win User

cortana not responding to voice commands

Cortana not responding to voice commands and the mic is hook up and working just fine?

Keith...1, Sep 28, 2020
  3. D Gittins Win User
    Cortana won't respond to commands.

• Have you tried installing any pending updates on your device?

Yes. I've installed all available updates from MS.
    • What are the steps have you done so far to isolate the issue?

I've run the troubleshooter. I've verified that the mic works for all other apps.
    • Have you tried restarting your device? By simply restarting your device or PC can resolve the issue.

I've restarted many times. The problem has been persistent for months.

When I say, 'Hey Cortana' it initially responds. The circle starts turning as if waiting for my command. But it doesn't respond to any further commands.

The microphone is obviously working because Cortana hears the "Hey Cortana" command but does not respond to any further voice commands. There's no indication from the graph that Cortana hears anything after the initial "Hey Cortana" command.

D Gittins, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Cortana not responding to voice commands.

cortana not responding to voice commands

The issue is with a windows 10 phone. The microphone works fine for telephone calls and audio notes, yet I can not make a Cortana request or command.

billyelevator, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Cortana not responding to voice commands.

1. Cortana not responding to voice commands. - Similar Threads - Cortana responding voice

2. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  3. Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Not Responding to Voice Commands: Hello, I'm having trouble with Cortana on my Windows 10 computer. When I try to use voice commands, Cortana doesn't respond at all. I've checked my microphone settings and made sure that Cortana is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this issue, or any...
  4. What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?: The "Hey Cortana!" Feature was on Windows 10! Can you please put it on Windows 11, please? I would really appreciate it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-voice-command-hey-cortana/ffd8cc1d-8ee4-47de-9470-d3c266c2f86e
  5. What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?

What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?: The "Hey Cortana!" Feature was on Windows 10! Can you please put it on Windows 11, please? I would really appreciate it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-voice-command-hey-cortana/ffd8cc1d-8ee4-47de-9470-d3c266c2f86e
  6. Cortana Version: 2.2102.8653.0 doesnt respond to voice commands

in Cortana
    Cortana Version: 2.2102.8653.0 doesnt respond to voice commands: Cortana Version: 2.2102.8653.0 doesn't respond to voice commands. Wake command 'cortana' not working. whenever i type 'open word' or any other app, it shows 'sorry i'm not equip with it'...
  7. Cortana does not respond to voice

in Cortana
    Cortana does not respond to voice: I had a recent download in Windows 10 and Cortana no longer responds to voice questions. Can anyone provide step-by-step instructions to get Cortana working properly again....
  8. Cortana not hibernating computer after voice command?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana not hibernating computer after voice command?: When I tell Cortana to hibernate my computer, it pops up and asks me "go to sleep?" I then click/say yes, and then I can see Cortana seemingly initiating the action. But then nothing happens. Anyone know why this is and how I can possibly fix it? submitted by /u/RussMIV...
  9. why does cortana not respond to my voice

in Cortana
    why does cortana not respond to my voice: cortana does not speaK to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-cortana-not-respond-to-my-voice/3567bcfc-062a-4deb-a2b9-097d7b8b06d3"
  10. Closing Cortana with a voice command

Closing Cortana with a voice command: Hi! I would like to ask someone more informed than me, or members of the insider program, if there are plans or rumors about adding this feature to Cortana: ability to close her with a voice command. Something like "Thank you" or "See ya" would be very nice and useful!!!...