Windows 10: Cortana not searching the web

Discus and support Cortana not searching the web in Cortana to solve the problem; Cortana searches files instead of searching the web. E.x searching up 12431x3 it will show files named '12431x3' if it doesn't find files it will show... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RandomGuyOnTheInternet, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Cortana not searching the web

Cortana searches files instead of searching the web. E.x searching up 12431x3 it will show files named '12431x3' if it doesn't find files it will show "no result" . It used to search the web and bring up a calculator instead of searching files.

:)

RandomGuyOnTheInternet, Apr 19, 2020

2. Cortana only providing web search answers since upgrading to Creators Update and will not run my Programs

Cortana is integrated with search to make the experience better for users.

You may try turning off the web search in Cortana and check if it helps.

Kindly perform the below steps:

• Click on the Cortana Search box.
    • Go to Notebook tab.
    • Click on Settings.
    • In Settings, Turn off the option Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alert and more.
    • Also, turn off Search online and include web results option.

Let us know if this worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Try0x101 Win User
    Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Cortana not searching the web [​IMG]

Try0x101, Apr 19, 2020
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Cortana not searching the web

Disable Store and Web search in Start Menu

Hello
    SystemSupport346,

Since the steps above did not work for you, we suggest that you disable web search by navigating the settings of Cortana itself. Please follow the steps below:

• Open the search box in the taskbar.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • On the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Turn off the Search online and include web results. See screenshot below:

Cortana not searching the web 4b6583c8-efc0-4f9f-a9a0-4ce531f271db?upload=true.png

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Cortana not searching the web

1. Cortana not searching the web - Similar Threads - Cortana searching web

2. Cortana No Longer Searches Internet Web

in Cortana
    Cortana No Longer Searches Internet Web: I have good internet connection with all apps i.e. Edge, Firefox, Outlook 2016, ... except Cortana. Cortana only searches my PC, not the internet. I'm using Edge 84.0.522.40. Four days ago Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems was updated KB4560960 & KB4497165...
  3. Cortana Web Search in 2004 content update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana Web Search in 2004 content update: ...Is turned back on, yet again. On version 1909 I had it disabled via “BingSearchEnabled” REG_DWORD ‘0’ The registry entry is still there post 2004 update — and so are windows search web results. I’ve tried the group policy changes to disallow web search as well — no...
  4. Cortana web search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana web search: Is there any way I can change Cortana settings so when I search for something it brings up a new tab in Google Chrome, not Microsoft Edge with bing. My default search engine is Google Chrome but it still opens up a new tab in Microsoft Edge. submitted by /u/DATBOI___...
  5. How to disable search the web option in Search/Cortana?

in Cortana
    How to disable search the web option in Search/Cortana?: How do you disable "search the web" in search/Cortana? ***Modified title from: Search*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-search-the-web-option-in/27e0c3a8-c337-49d7-8416-5c7dd8d9dc4f"
  6. regardins windows +s web search feature and cortana

in Cortana
    regardins windows +s web search feature and cortana: everyone, I have experiencing the issue of not being able to access the web through the windows + s web search feature (bing search) and secondly cortana cant hear me it keeps saying the internet and I are not talking right now. I have tried factory resetting the device,...
  7. Settings to disable Cortana and web searches NOT WORKING

in Cortana
    Settings to disable Cortana and web searches NOT WORKING: [ATTACH] What the **** Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-to-disable-cortana-and-web-searches-not/c2e5c64c-3ff2-4b95-9984-289fbafbf3ba"
  8. How to disable cortanas web search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable cortanas web search?: I just reinstalled and theres no option in her settings to turn off the web search she does when you search for files on your pc and such. How else could I turn it off if its not listed in her settings? 24449
  9. Web searches, Start menu and Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Web searches, Start menu and Cortana: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, how am I supposed to disable the Web searches from the Start menu, but I would also like Cortana continued to use the Web for research? Thanks Bye 44451
  10. Cortana web searches not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana web searches not opening: Does it still do this when you have Microsoft Edge set as your default web browser? Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials Yeah, it still doesn't work.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana is not searching internet