Windows 10: Cortana not sending text through PC - 2019 March Topic started

Discus and support Cortana not sending text through PC - 2019 March Topic started in Cortana to solve the problem; Around last year after the big Windows 10 update – I lost ability to send texts from my windows 10 laptop through to my 950xl. For example,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DiggerDavey, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Cortana not sending text through PC - 2019 March Topic started

Around last year after the big Windows 10 update – I lost ability to send texts from my windows 10 laptop through to my 950xl.

For example,

• Previously, in win10 (my laptop) if I typed 'text Dave' in the 'search' – before I'd get Ok what do you want to say and I typed it and the sms was sent to my 950xl phone and onto Dave.

• Now if I type "text Dave" on my win10 laptop – I get "I'm sorry, I can't send messages here. Try the Cortana app on your phone.".................??????????????????

Although now, I do receive text on the laptop, but unless I click it as it shows up, I cannot reply.

Help me please..............

No help on the internet suggests a solution.

:)

DiggerDavey, Mar 1, 2019

2. Sending text from Cortana on PC

I have 2 Windows 10 phones, 950 and 550. My main phone is the 950.

Problem is that when I use Cortana on a PC to send a text message it uses the 550 number.

How do I set Cortana to use the 950's number to send texts?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Christian Raith, Mar 1, 2019
  3. John Ado Win User
    Cortana sends 2 texts every time from my PC using my Andriod phone. Double text

Hi,

We're quite lost. What do you mean by texts from Windows are not being send and Cortana is double texting? If replies are not being sent, what is the double texting about? Anyway, I don't think that replying to text message using Cortana is a feature
    that's not yet available. The notification is sort of a reminder that you have received a text, but you won't be able to reply to it. You may submit this idea thru Feedback Hub.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + S and type Feedback.

• Select Feedback Hub > Hamburger icon > Feedback > Add
      new
      feedback.

• Select the Suggestion, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.

We look forward to your response.

John Ado, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Kindari Win User

Cortana not sending text through PC - 2019 March Topic started

Cortana-PC and texting

Hey Michelle,

I installed Cortana on my phone and then on Windows 10, Cortana alerted me to a missed call and offered to text the person back.

If you hit the start key/start button/cortana bar and type "text" or "send a text" the top result will be a text bubble icon and should say send a text.

When you choose it, it is essentially loading Cortana, and she/it will send a text for you. I tested it, and what I think it does is the Cortana on your laptop is sending a command to your Cortana phone app, then the cortana phone app is sending the text
    from your phone... I think that's how it's working. But it does work and I didn't install anything extra on my computer.

I was using an Android phone, this might be built into a Windows phone... not sure.

Hope this helps!

Kindari, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Cortana not sending text through PC - 2019 March Topic started

1. Cortana not sending text through PC - 2019 March Topic started - Similar Threads - Cortana sending text

2. Topic: Classic Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Topic: Classic Start Menu: Hello all you saints!When starting my computer, I get a popup that says, "Classic Start Menu needs to configure itself for the new operating system" I close this. Then another popup says, "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make change.......Classic...
  3. Topic: Classic Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Topic: Classic Start Menu: Hello all you saints!When starting my computer, I get a popup that says, "Classic Start Menu needs to configure itself for the new operating system" I close this. Then another popup says, "Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make change.......Classic...
  4. The topic of discussion is for Cortana voice assistant

in Cortana
    The topic of discussion is for Cortana voice assistant: I'm not able to use my Cortana if I explain it briefly so I would say Cortana never responds or hears whatever I speak, so what should be the cause behind....? I just my problem to be fixed can anyone help me with that? Anyone's outta there who can help me with this!...
  5. PC does not send text to printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC does not send text to printer: My Windows 10 / Office 365 PC will not send text to the printer. A word docx will print the grids if a table is in the document. Excel documents print the grids only. PDF files print okay. All these are okay on my windows 7 PC....
  6. Sending text from pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Sending text from pc: Does anyone know how to send a text free from pc to mobile please. I use w10 152512
  7. Rolling back 1903 to 1809 (March 2019) through the Tech Bench

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rolling back 1903 to 1809 (March 2019) through the Tech Bench: Hello, I got the 1809 iso from https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php. I have two questions. First, when I downloaded the iso there were only two editions Windows 10 and Windows 10 Home China I'm assuming that during the rollback it will detect that I am running Pro and...
  8. Cortana Not Sending Text Messages

Cortana Not Sending Text Messages: Hi, I have the FCU installed and I have an iPhone with the latest iOS. I've gone through tutorials here and elsewhere and even though my iPhone was successfully setup, when I try to send a text message, all I get is that "I'll send that using your phone. It may take a...
  9. Cortana start menu pushing send SMS

Cortana start menu pushing send SMS: On cortana when I click it, normally I get some useful info, weather, appointments etc but lately I notice it comes up with something additional in trying to advertise its app on mobile devices like iOS and android and there is no way to get rid of it. It's very annoying....
  10. Start, Cortana, Notifications - Corrupt Text and Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start, Cortana, Notifications - Corrupt Text and Icons: I have slowly been fixing the issues I have run into with the Windows 10 upgrade, but I have one issue that continues to persist. The Metro text and icons in the Start Menu, Cortana, Notifications, etc become corrupt. [img] (Just starting to become corrupt) [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no cortana icon texts 950xl

2. cortana wont send texts

3. send text through cortana on computer

4. cortana windows phone may 2019,
  5. send sms from android cortana 2019,
  6. cortana not sending texts