Windows 10: Cortana not showing correct language

Discus and support Cortana not showing correct language in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have a strange one with Cortana, as far as i can tell i have all my settings correct [img] [img] However, Cortana is not working, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by paulsalter, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Cortana not showing correct language

Hi,
    I have a strange one with Cortana, as far as i can tell i have all my settings correct

Cortana not showing correct language [​IMG]

However, Cortana is not working, when i click the settings for Cortana to change language, UK is not shown, and just complains that its not the same as my settings if i select any of these

Any thoughts on this?

:)

paulsalter, Aug 2, 2016
  2. Doc Adam Win User

Cortana stuck at Before I can help, you'll need to go to settings and change your speech language to one that I can speak

Please IGNORE the original advice, it is not correct.

Do the following:

go to Settings, Time and language, Region and language.

Under "Country or region" at the top, your country should appear.

Under "Languages", the corresponding language (Canadian, Australian, or whatever) should show. Click on it -- this should download a 35 MB speech pack.

If it does not show there, then click "+ Add a language" and select the correct language for your region.

You should then be able to go back to the search area and Cortana should behave better (after you get one more warning).

More things you could check:

Settings, Time and language, Speech, make sure your language is shown.

Cortana search area, click the three bars top left, if you see a column of switches, turn Cortana on.

Doc Adam, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Cotrana responds to "Hey Cortana" but not o voice commands

In edge, if you select a text, and right click on it, Does "Ask Cortana" show up?

make sure under Cortana's notebook>settings, you have allowed it to respond to anyone

Also, Go to Settings>Time & Language>Region & Language, Select proper Region, and under languages, select the correct language, set as Default and in options, download Speech.

You also need to have location services turned on and allow Cortana to access your location

Notify if that helps.

prashant chaturvedi, Aug 2, 2016
  4. Cortana not showing correct language

Check this option here, BingSearchEnabled was set to 0, changing this to 1, has brought Cortana back to life for me *Smile

paulsalter, Aug 2, 2016
  5. RobMason Win User
    That's done the trick for me too! Thanks Paul! *Smile

RobMason, Aug 2, 2016
  6. Good to hear it worked for you also *Smile

paulsalter, Aug 2, 2016
  7. JohnBurns Win User
    Thanks - will try that.

JohnBurns, Aug 2, 2016
  8. jrih Win User

Cortana not showing correct language

OMGosh ... thanks, ever so much! This resolved my Cortana issues since updating to 14393.10. *Biggrin

jrih, Aug 2, 2016
  9. I just noticed this about Cortana. I also tweaked the 'BingSearchEnabled' registry item to a '1' and Cortana is back up working for me too! Thanks Paul! *Smile

robbie2745, Aug 3, 2016
  10. Brendan89 Win User
    Thank u Very Much Paul!I have my Cortana back!

Brendan89, Aug 3, 2016
  11. You're Welcome

Good to hear this works for many people

When MS release the next patch, I might revert this settings, just to see if they change this flag back to 1

paulsalter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cortana not showing correct language

1. Cortana not showing correct language - Similar Threads - Cortana showing correct

2. Microsoft Store not in correct language

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not in correct language: First things first, I want this to be fixed. So no standard pre-defined answers here. I'm already quit frustrated. First the digital "intelligent" assistant finally gave up and presented me a toll free number in the States I'm from Belgium. Then I tried to call the support in...
  3. Cortana Regions And Languages

in Cortana
    Cortana Regions And Languages: Cortana is not working again. It says 'Cortana isn't available In your region' Please tell all the available regions. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-regions-and-languages/65d4c67b-5d92-4347-b44e-fbc84d40064d
  4. Cortana not working correctly.

in Cortana
    Cortana not working correctly.: Recently i bought window 10 just a month ago and before almost 2-3 weeks cortana was working correctly but now when i. Ask something online command so it tells i and internet are not talking to eachother or i can't connect at the moment etc. But when i ask a offline command...
  5. Cortana now working correctly.

in Cortana
    Cortana now working correctly.: Recently i bought window 10 just a month ago and before almost 2-3 weeks cortana was working correctly but now when i. Ask something online command so it tells i and internet are not talking to eachother or i can't connect at the moment etc. But when i ask a offline command...
  6. Microsoft fails to show all correct languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft fails to show all correct languages: [ATTACH] I have a major issue, and it is really affecting my work, I work with a lot of languages, and for some reason, I do not have all languages on display I have 2 keyboards for Russian and I use Greek often in my daily work, however they do not appear, when I restart...
  7. Cortana Doesn't Hear me Correctly

in Cortana
    Cortana Doesn't Hear me Correctly: Every time i talk to cortana she says sorry didn t catch that i have talk window support seems they cant fix this problem [Original Title: cortana]...
  8. Cortana Language Settings

in Cortana
    Cortana Language Settings: Hi! I was wondering if there was a way to change Cortana's language? I looked at some tutorials and managed to figure out most of it but there seems to be an issue as even after a restart the language remains in English. (I'm wanting to change it to Chinese). Thanks!...
  9. Cortana Search not working correctly

in Cortana
    Cortana Search not working correctly: So, for a couple days my cortana search is not working correctly. When I have it set to the icon, if I have another application focused, clicking on the cortana icon to search will not bring up cortana. Only way to bring up cortana after pressing the icon, is to go into an...
  10. Windows 10 Pro, Cortana does not seem to exist, Language Correct?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro, Cortana does not seem to exist, Language Correct?: Hey people, I just installed the latest update to windows 10 (pro) and I cant get cortana to work. Infact, every since upgrading from windows 10 home to pro i dont remember a time when cortana was working *Huh Ive attached a picture of the taskbar where cortana is supposed...