Windows 10: cortana not working after update window to Edge.

Discus and support cortana not working after update window to Edge. in Cortana to solve the problem; Some of my programs are suspended in the task bar and they not running. since Microsoft updated my laptop and I have tried almost everything. Reset,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by HarvinderSingh8, Aug 22, 2019.

1. cortana not working after update window to Edge.

Some of my programs are suspended in the task bar and they not running. since Microsoft updated my laptop and I have tried almost everything.

Reset, update, clean disk, and scan with Microsoft antivirus which they installed and uninstalled my pervious antivirus.

Please give me some information so I can try to sort this out.

Thank you.

:)

HarvinderSingh8, Aug 22, 2019

2. Microsoft Edge and Cortana not working

I have had several issues with Microsoft Edge. Originally Edge would not stay open more than a second for one of my users. (it worked for my other user and chrome still worked for both users). At the same time Cortana did not allow me to type in a question.
    I could search for help using settings but not the Cortana box next to start.

I checked other posts and followed several of the suggested actions.

1) using power shell and a code listed in the community (sorry I could find that thread again for exact code)

2) scanning using sfc/scannow - no issues listed

3) performing a restore heath

4) going to an earlier restore point (before the last update)

5) finally deleting the MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder and resetting in powershellthis last step at least allowed me to open Edge (the others did not work). I can access Edge again and access the internet fine. The Cortana is still
    not working

At least one Edge feature is not working. There may be others but I haven't spent time investigating

Comparing the Edge folders in my user account and the other user account (that always worked and it's favorite feature is working), the ones in my account have several missing. I even tried copying those files from the other user to mine and I have erased
    and reset the Edge again using the step 5 above with no change

The features that I noticed not working is the Favorites. I know how to turn on the favorite bar and I have but when I click favorites to add a favorite, there is no option to save, add a folder, or chose a favorite folder (such as favorite bar). Those
    options are not even highlighted (they are greyed out). The action to import from Chrome is not working either. My Edge version is Microsoft Edge 38.14393.1066.0 I did get an update a few days ago (end of June) and I haven't been on this user account very
    often so I had originally thought the issues could have stared with this update.

I was hoping someone had another suggestion. I have read several posts that all have similar suggestions and follow all or some of the 5 steps above. I just didn't seem to get a complete return to normal. I remember someone suggested adding another user
    account; I just hated starting over and this is my admin account.

Thank you

CobbGolson, Aug 22, 2019
  3. No Cortana Icon on Microsoft Edge

Hi Praveen,

It is possible that the Show search and site suggestions as I type option in Microsoft Edge isn't enabled which explains why the Cortana icon is not visible. To check, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the Menu button (...).
    • Click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge
      option.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Show search and site suggestions as I type option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

cortana not working after update window to Edge.

Cortana not working

Kindly make sure Cortana is also enabled on Microsoft Edge. To check if Cortana is enabled, kindly follow the these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the "three dots" symbol on the upper right part of Microsoft Edge.
    • Select Settings.
    • Scroll down, and then click View advanced settings.
    • Look for Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge. Make sure that it is
      On.
    • Access YouTube.
    • Search a song, and then play it.
    • Check if you can see Cortana on the left of the "Reading View" icon.
    After you perform the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

cortana not working after update window to Edge.

1. cortana not working after update window to Edge. - Similar Threads - cortana working update

2. Edge not working after updating Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge not working after updating Windows: Windows 11 has Edge and before it is working fine. Not until I installed the updates and now it is not responding at all. Keep spinning and nothing happens until I close it and do it again. Uninstalling updates do not resolve the issue...
  3. Edge not working after updating Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge not working after updating Windows: Windows 11 has Edge and before it is working fine. Not until I installed the updates and now it is not responding at all. Keep spinning and nothing happens until I close it and do it again. Uninstalling updates do not resolve the issue...
  4. cortana not working after last update

in Cortana
    cortana not working after last update: Help I'm new at this. Cortana was working fine until last update feb. 17. Now I can't get anything except Cortana asking permission to get familiar with the way I talk. When I hit the "sure" button I get "I'm sorry something went wrong. Try again in a little bit. Same thing...
  5. Cortana and search box not working after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cortana and search box not working after windows update: Good day! I encountered problems with my audio, internet connection, and search box today after automatic windows update. I was able to fix the audio and internet connection after I did system restore. However, the search box (type here to search) and Cortana are both not...
  6. Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge not working after update: Hello. I updated my computer yesterday with an automatic update. When I logged in this morning, Cortana, Start Menu, Outlook, Microsoft Store and Microsoft Edge were not working. I'm not sure what to do, and google is giving me answers from 3 years ago. This only happened...
  7. Start menu, cortana and edge not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, cortana and edge not working: So i have an msi laptop which has been amazing, i stopped using it for a while, decided id start it back up. I did a system refresh, removing everything so i could start fresh, set it all up and my start button doesn't work, so i reset and still nothing... i have watched so...
  8. Edge and Cortana stopped working after latest update on Oct 16, 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and Cortana stopped working after latest update on Oct 16, 2016: I am using HP Envy 27, windows 10. The latest updates on Oct 16-19 had caused problems with internet connection. I restored the computer to the date before Oct 16, 2016. It was working fine for few hours, but now Edge and Cortana stopped working. I have tried clear the...
  9. Edge and Cortana

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and Cortana: I was under the impression that Cortana should be available in Edge by showing the Cortana "Circle" to the right of the address bar. I don't see it. I have Cortona enabled but no Cortona or Cortona suggestions. A bit more info I found. Can anyone confirm this with their...
  10. Bing not working in Edge or Cortana

in Browsers and Email
    Bing not working in Edge or Cortana: Hi, I recently bought a new laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10 - everything is working fine apart from I can't do anything with Bing. Doing a search from Edge or Cortana just brings up the 'hmm can't access page' error. Trying to go to www.bing.com from Edge or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana not working after last update