Windows 10: Cortana not working and process suspended in the task manager

Discus and support Cortana not working and process suspended in the task manager in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I am having problem while using cortana, whenever I click the icon it starts and when I ask it to do something it always freezes and then closes.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Nimish Lohumi, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Cortana not working and process suspended in the task manager

Hi,

I am having problem while using cortana, whenever I click the icon it starts and when I ask it to do something it always freezes and then closes.

When I saw in task manager it shows a green leaf icon and says process is suspended. Please help. I am not able to use cortana. Thanks

:)

Nimish Lohumi, Mar 19, 2020
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana

That's perfectly normal. Windows will suspend processes to the swapfile.sys and only keep the essential code for the process in memory, when idle for a specific time. It all gets pulled back to the Working Memory for the process when needed. Just Windows memory management. You may have 32-64GB of memory, and it will still do this. I have lots of suspended, also. Note one of them is Search UI>Cortana.

Cortana not working and process suspended in the task manager [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana

I just did a fresh install and update to 1803

Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana And she’ll experience and background host for cortana

What can cause this?

Steven Campoli, Mar 19, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Cortana not working and process suspended in the task manager

Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana

I don't let Cortana do much of anything, just my preference. But since you just did a clean install, is all this where you want it? Guessing here....

Cortana not working and process suspended in the task manager [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Cortana not working and process suspended in the task manager

1. Cortana not working and process suspended in the task manager - Similar Threads - Cortana working process

2. Task manager suspending apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager suspending apps: Hey,I use a windows 11 and I've noticed that it suspends my minimized apps automatically. I then came to know that it is normal and it is done to save resources. But I have an app that i want to keep alive. How do i stop suspending apps in windows 11 ? I found many tutorials...
  3. Microsoft App Say UWP is suspending this process on Task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft App Say UWP is suspending this process on Task manager: Every time I try to open up any Microsoft app it closes immediately and on task manager it says the UWP is suspending this process does anyone know how to fix this. I have tried full on hard resetting my computer but nothing has worked....
  4. Suspended apps on task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suspended apps on task manager: Hi I was wondering if there is a way I could unsuspend apps or stop them from being suspended in task manager When I try and open a game I have in file explorer it starts processing it for a bit and then suspends it and closes it but its only using less than 4% of the cpu...
  5. Settings Suspended in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Suspended in Task Manager: In the task manager, several Processes (e.g. Settings and Cortana) are labeled "suspended" and then there's a leaf icon or something next to it. What is this? How do I stop this?...
  6. Cortana is Suspended and not working

in Cortana
    Cortana is Suspended and not working: In the task manager it is showing that all the processes of cortana has been suspended and says that UMP process is suspended for cortana to improve system performance. How to get rid of this?...
  7. Cortana - Suspended (green leaf icon) in Task Manager

in Cortana
    Cortana - Suspended (green leaf icon) in Task Manager: Hi, I have been facing this problem of Cortana not working for more than a fortnight now, and despite my interactions with your execs, i have practically reached nowhere. And now there is Green Leaf Icon against Cortana in the Task Manager. Please advice. I am not able to...
  8. Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana: I just did a fresh install and update to 1803 Task manager showing suspended processes for cortana And she’ll experience and background host for cortana What can cause this? 114460
  9. Backround Processes being suspended in Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backround Processes being suspended in Task Manager: Whats going on do I have a virus on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/backround-processes-being-suspended-in-task/6e607239-7565-44c0-919f-0fea06dcdf05"
  10. Task Manager Startups Suspended

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager Startups Suspended: All non-MS apps show "Suspended" in "Task Manager", "Startup" Getting set for a class and want to show how to Disable Apps from starting. Have this on both laptop and Desktop. Both Insider Preview17093. Laptop Home, Desktop Pro msconfig, Startup, refers back to Task...