Windows 10: Cortana not working due to not having admin rights, but I have confirmed admin rights.

Discus and support Cortana not working due to not having admin rights, but I have confirmed admin rights. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone sorry if this is the incorrect place to post this but I've run out of options and have no idea what to do. I just got a Surface Book 2 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jnal1988, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Cortana not working due to not having admin rights, but I have confirmed admin rights.

Hey everyone sorry if this is the incorrect place to post this but I've run out of options and have no idea what to do. I just got a Surface Book 2 and have logged into my Microsoft account just like on my desktop however on the Surface Book Cortana will take voice commands and text but will never show results. It just acts like its thinking about it. I activated the hidden admin account and it works fine on it as well as on my desktop. I have confirmed admin rights for my profile on the Surface Book and reverified and fixed a corrupted file but every troubleshooting I have found online short of a creating and running a recovery usb has come up short. Has anyone else dealt with this before and is the recovery usb the only thing else to try?

submitted by /u/Jnal1988
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jnal1988, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Matt18 Win User

admin rights keep disappearing!?!!

Hi guys,

I am actually having a problem at work that our IT department hasn't been able to figure out. I am supposed to be a member of the admin group. We are on a domain. The problem is that everytime I reboot the computer I loose my admin rights(no longer in the administrator group) and just become a normal user again. I have tried googling this and didn't get to many results.
    I believe IT is just giving me local admin rights, not admin rights for the whole domain.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: It is on Windows XP Pro.

Matt18, Apr 16, 2020
  3. No admin rights

Downloaded as suggested on a USB. Tried to install but was blocked with no admin rights. Very frustrating.

Rodger1414, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Cortana not working due to not having admin rights, but I have confirmed admin rights.

No admin rights

Chose the free upgrade to Windows 10 and I was listed as the administrator. Tried downloading a printer disc but was denied admin access. Started fooling with my Admin acct, added a guest, changed mine to user and have lost all abilities to access anything
    that needs Admin. Won't allow me to: net user admin/activate:yes. Can't restore to previous point because I have no Admin access. Can't even use the admin command.

With no new disc can't do a reinstall. Any suggestions. Very frustrated. Triedlusrmgr.msc. and it didn't work.

Rodger1414, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Cortana not working due to not having admin rights, but I have confirmed admin rights.

1. Cortana not working due to not having admin rights, but I have confirmed admin rights. - Similar Threads - Cortana working due

2. Admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Admin rights: Hi, I recently bought my laptop and I logged in using my account..but whenever I try to open a program it says first put in administrator username and password, when im the sign in page there are no other accounts , only mine..and whenever I try to run a program it says I am...
  3. No Admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Admin rights: Hi,I recently turned my PC off and when I have switched it back on, I have lost all admin rights on my PC.Certain programmes won't work such as Spotify and any games that I have installed through Xbox will not load both of which come up with the following error;'Windows...
  4. I have no admin rights on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have no admin rights on windows 10.: So its been barely a month since I started on windows 10 and was still managing the users. As I was editing stuff from the users option on my main local admin account I removed myself as a member of the group administrators. I didnt even add myself in the group of the normal...
  5. Admin Authorized User not having admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Authorized User not having admin rights: The acct I use to login in, the same acct that I used to set up my system when I purchased it was set with Administrator rights. I am the ONLY user and not part of an organization or workplace server. At first glance when you look at acct from the logoff perspective or inside...
  6. Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted Admin Account and have no access to admin rights: I have dual booted my MacBook Pro. In windows 10 I logged in as Admin and removed the account from membership tabs...So I am left only with standard user....Now I can not do any activity wherein admin rights are required.. I tried everything but not able to get back admin...
  7. I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin: I bought a new laptop and activated my win 10 OS. I was able to install new programs for awhile,but something changed and now I can't download new programs or update existing programs. Whenever I try to do either,a UAC windows pops-up and tells me to sign-in as Admin and the...
  8. No admin rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No admin rights: I am logged in under Admin however I am not able to run any programs under Admin. I cannot restore, I cannot open certain programs..... cant do hardly anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-admin-rights/8c6b4b42-70c1-4bcd-98d4-5ff9a26fa1ec
  9. Admin rights

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin rights: I ran into this problem when I changed to windows 10 upgrade. Should I change my computer name to the Microsoft profile name or would it be easier to just change my Microsoft profile name to match my computer name? Thanks...
  10. Admin Rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Rights: How do I turn off passwords without being an Admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/admin-rights/298f50bc-2051-4905-94df-23c039e3c9c3"