Windows 10: Cortana not working with IFTTT

Discus and support Cortana not working with IFTTT in Cortana to solve the problem; I am trying to connect IFTTT to Cortana on my windows 10 computer, but whenever I try to tell Cortana to trigger an applet, it just says "Sorry, I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Tim#H, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Tim#H Win User

Cortana not working with IFTTT

I am trying to connect IFTTT to Cortana on my windows 10 computer, but whenever I try to tell Cortana to trigger an applet, it just says "Sorry, I can't help with that". After several days I tried downloading Cortana to my iPhone and it worked. How do I get Cortana on my desktop to connect? I made sure that I was signed into the correct account, and I already tried signing out and back in.

:)

Tim#H, Oct 17, 2020
  2. ScottS21 Win User

Cortana & IFTTT not working together

I have integrated/connected Cortana with IFTTT, and although I can successfully create an Applet, it errors out. In IFTTT Activity, it says "Applet skipped", "Something went wrong".

I'm attempting to control my LIFX office light. LIFX is properly integrated/connected to IFTTT. I can successfully control this light via Windows LIFX app, Android/Tasker, and Logitech/Harmony.

An example Applet for Cortana is...'dim office light 50%'. Cortana understands and responds with my predefined message, "dimming office light", but the IFTTT Applet is not run.

I log into my Windows session with a local account, however, I allow auto signing into all Microsoft apps.

Any suggestions, other than restart PC, clear temp/cache, etc?

Scott

ScottS21, Oct 17, 2020
  3. I cannot enable or get Cortana to work with IFTTT

I have linked the turn meross on/off applets with IFTTT and they work fine when tested with the button widget, and the Cortana service is enabled on IFTTT. But I've tried with no luck to get the IFTTT skill enabled on Cortana and I've tried asking different
    things (like turn on meross, IFTTT turn on merros, etc) but Cortana either returns search results or something else not related to IFTTT or meross.

(This is an issue with Cortana on Android, but I couldn't find the correct category, sorry)

honeycheerios48, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Cortana now works with more smart home providers and IFTTT

Source: Hey Cortana, turn up the heat; Cortana now works with more smart home providers and IFTTT - Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Cortana not working with IFTTT - Similar Threads - Cortana working IFTTT

2. cortana is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana is not working: if i say something it will answer another thing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-not-working/68f26d63-889d-46de-ae3b-5f88a71a8703
  3. Cortana not working

in Cortana
    Cortana not working: I lost access to Cortana and the unused icon list on the right side of the task bar has disappeared. The Cortana button shows but when I click it nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-working/e5eb6d7f-51ea-43cc-9f00-a2d573b626f2
  4. cortana not working

in Cortana
    cortana not working: i just installed windows 10 and when i try to use cortana it shows this pop up tell me how to resolve this? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-working/8afb0c60-8868-4309-9e7b-0f3717ec20ec
  5. I cannot enable or get Cortana to work with IFTTT

in Cortana
    I cannot enable or get Cortana to work with IFTTT: I have linked the turn meross on/off applets with IFTTT and they work fine when tested with the button widget, and the Cortana service is enabled on IFTTT. But I've tried with no luck to get the IFTTT skill enabled on Cortana and I've tried asking different things like turn...
  6. Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana not working: I need help with this : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-not-working/498b11b8-f308-42d5-8ce1-91e74cffdc25
  7. cortana not working

in Cortana
    cortana not working: A green leaf is showing beside cortana in task manager saying UWP group suspending processes to improve system performance and my cortana obviously not working. I followed the earlier post for reinstalling cortana using some commands in powershelladmin,but still not...
  8. Cortana not working

in Cortana
    Cortana not working: My Windows 10 was upgraded as of Feb 15th and I lost the microphone in the search box and Cortana will not function. If I say "Hey Cortana", I get a "listening" response window but nothing more happens. What gives? Microphone and audio are working fine and so is my language...
  9. Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not working: Hi all.... I am having trouble trying to get Cortana to work, I click the mike icon and the window appears but it dosent seem to hear me . It asks me to test the mike and I speak and it says its fixed but its just the same. When I press the windows button and C the window...
  10. Cortana now works with more smart home providers and IFTTT

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana now works with more smart home providers and IFTTT: Cortana expands home automation skills, making it easier for you to control your smart home devices while on the go. [img] Cortana helps make your life easier by making it easy to control your smart home devices from afar. Rush out of the house and forget to turn off...