Windows 10: Cortana: Now available where and when you need her

Discus and support Cortana: Now available where and when you need her in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Cortana was created to be a truly personal digital assistant – available on the go, no matter where or when you need help, and on whatever device you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Cortana: Now available where and when you need her

Source: Cortana: Now available where and when you need her, no matter what smartphone you choose | Windows Experience Blog

:)

Brink, Dec 10, 2015
  2. Deepika Gowda, Dec 10, 2015
  3. Markpd67 Win User
    When is Cortana on Android coming to the UK?

Is this response from a "Microsoft Support Engineer" some sort of a joke?

No your response does not help. Is there any point getting back if you are only going point to out of date and irrelevant information.

Please Microsoft, sort out your support, it is currently worse than dreadful.

Markpd67, Dec 10, 2015
  4. Cortana: Now available where and when you need her

I just set it up on my android Samsung. I ask her for directions and she gave me the correct one.

Buddy Kidd, Dec 10, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Read more:- http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/10/9...dstone-updates

davidhk, Dec 10, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    Floating Cortana reminds me of old Clippy.

swarfega, Dec 10, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    They said " it's more of a powerful search tool, than an annoying animated character like Clippy."

I didn't even know there were a Clippy.

davidhk, Dec 10, 2015
  8. zooburner Win User

Clippy was cool, you could even change the character.. but as most people did, I turned him off.

zooburner, Dec 10, 2015
  9. Ghost82 Win User
    Cortana: Now available where and when you need her [​IMG]

Ghost82, Dec 10, 2015
  10. groze Win User
    I always liked clippy but I purrferd the cat. *Smile

Not everyone has multiple devices, I do but my cell phone is not a smartphone.

groze, Dec 10, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Windows 10’s next major update will let Cortana float around your PC | The Verge
    Details emerge on Microsofts plans for Cortana in Windows 10 Redstone updates
    Microsoft Windows 10 Redstone to get Cortana update - Business Insider Deutschland
    Windows 10 Redstone: Floating Cortana, Deeper integration within Windows Shell

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cortana: Now available where and when you need her - Similar Threads - Cortana available where

2. When will Cortana for Android be available in India?

in Cortana
    When will Cortana for Android be available in India?: When will Cortana for Android available in India??? I miss Cortana. * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: Cortana...
  3. Message from Cortana- "That's not available now"

in Cortana
    Message from Cortana- "That's not available now": When I type a request I get this response every time. "That's not available now" Need help with this. Thanks * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: When I type a request...
  4. why do I need an app now for cortana when it was working?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why do I need an app now for cortana when it was working?: I went to type here to search box and it came up I need an mx-app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-need-an-app-now-for-cortana-when-it-was/f906759e-7736-48ef-996a-7ba9bb5b1194
  5. Cortana works until "Hey, Cortana" test breaks her.

in Cortana
    Cortana works until "Hey, Cortana" test breaks her.: I've reproduced this multiple times and can find no explanation for it. Cortana works like a charm until I try to set her up to listen only for my voice. The second the first "Learn how I say 'Hey Cortana" test phrase "Hey Cortana, do I have anything on Wednesday?" displays,...
  6. where is cortana?

in Cortana
    where is cortana?: I don't see cortana in the taskbar. Where is my cortana? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-cortana/16d3c752-46f1-4a20-a6f9-fc1036d9ef28"
  7. Netflix now available on Firefox --Linux too you don't need Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Netflix now available on Firefox --Linux too you don't need Chrome: Hi folks Netflix users can use the Firefox browser --you don't need to use Chrome which a lot of people don't like. Works directly on IE11 too I HATE Edge so I haven't even bothered tried using that. Works both on Windows and Linux. Simply go to Netflix.com and...
  8. Cortana Not Available In The Region And Language You Have Selected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Not Available In The Region And Language You Have Selected: As far as i can see i have all the langauge, region, currency & locale information set to English UK but im still getting the following when i try to activate Cortana, Any Thoughts?.... [img] 12395
  9. Disabled Cortana, now cannot re-enable her.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled Cortana, now cannot re-enable her.: I disabled Cortana and Telemetry a couple weeks ago, but now I want to reverse my actions. Here's what I did initially: Code: In regedit - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Search I created a new DWORD and named it AllowCortana, and...
  10. Cortana Now Available on Android in Public Beta

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana Now Available on Android in Public Beta: In May, we announced that Cortana, the first personal digital-assistant who works across your PC & your phone, will be coming to Android and iOS devices. Today, we’re pleased to make the beta of the Cortana app available to all Android phone users. If you are currently a...