Windows 10: Cortana now needs a Microsoft account, how to revert to local only? (Windows 10 build 19042)

Discus and support Cortana now needs a Microsoft account, how to revert to local only? (Windows 10 build 19042) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Up until this weekend when a client's workstation rebooted to apply the Windows 10 build 19042 update, Cortana didn't require a Microsoft account to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HappyDadOfFourJesus, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Cortana now needs a Microsoft account, how to revert to local only? (Windows 10 build 19042)

Up until this weekend when a client's workstation rebooted to apply the Windows 10 build 19042 update, Cortana didn't require a Microsoft account to search apps, files, and folders locally; now clicking the Cortana icon displays a request to sign into a Microsoft account. This particular computer is standalone, not joined to a domain, and there is no Microsoft account in sight.

How can the Cortana behavior be reverted back to how it was before the build 19042 update was applied?

submitted by /u/HappyDadOfFourJesus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HappyDadOfFourJesus, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Cortana now needs a Microsoft account, how to revert to local only? (Windows 10 build 19042)

1. Cortana now needs a Microsoft account, how to revert to local only? (Windows 10 build 19042) - Similar Threads - Cortana needs Microsoft

2. Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10: Hello folks, I'm in a bind here, hope some can help me.I decided to create a Microsoft account for my 9 year old to use in our Xbox. In all it's wisdom, Windows 10 decided to associate this limited child account to my local administrator account. Now my administrator account...
  3. Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10: Hello folks, I'm in a bind here, hope some can help me.I decided to create a Microsoft account for my 9 year old to use in our Xbox. In all it's wisdom, Windows 10 decided to associate this limited child account to my local administrator account. Now my administrator account...
  4. Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Build 19042

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 19042: Win10 Pro 64bit 20H2, build 19042Following this weeks critical update the taskbar icons to the rt time/Notification/network disappear. To re show I have to toggle toolbar settings>use small Btns on/off. Same can be accomplished using Task view...
  6. Windows 10 Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 Microsoft Account Sign-In Assistant will not...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 Microsoft Account Sign-In Assistant will not...: I am trying to use Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. I used this succesfully regulary and most recently on Friday. On Sunday I tried to start and it would never get past the check for updates. To use it need to connect to Microsoft Store and X-box companion. I CANNOT sign in...
  7. Need Help - BSOD - Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19042 Build 19042

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Help - BSOD - Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19042 Build 19042: This has been happening for the last couple of week daily and seems to be getting worse, that is more frequent lately. My PC just crashes then reboots at seemingly random times. I have tried testing Memory & do some stress test and that seems everything was ok. I also upload...
  8. Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...: So my little brother wanted to buy Minecraft for Windows 10. His computer was set up with a single local administrator account and remained local up to this point. The Store requires you to sign in to a Microsoft account to buy stuff, so I did that with his Microsoft account...
  9. Only account but revert build says to remove it

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Only account but revert build says to remove it: So i have installed the Fall Creators Update and when i am trying to go back to the previous build because of issues. Windows made a new user account for me and it says to remove it but it is the only account and my old account is unaccessible. Please help thanks! 95809
  10. How to revert account back to local

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to revert account back to local: I've downloaed an app from the store and this made my local account to be authenticated against my Microsoft-account. How can I revert back the account to be a local account? Thanks in advance Olli 11266